Backstage News on Hogan's WrestleMania Role

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- Hulk Hogan is confirmed to appear at WrestleMania XXX but exactly what he will be doing is still up in the air. We noted before that Hogan was examined by WWE doctors and the decision was made to not book Hogan in any physical role. Hogan can't even be allowed to stand there and throw punches, let alone do a big boot or a leg drop.
I know this may sound stupid, but why do part timers need to be medically cleared like is it just a WWE thing or like a rule they have to adhere to? I can understand them doing it for talents who will be likely used on a full time basis but not to an extent for a one night appearance here and there but I guess it's to cover the WWE incase something happened to that talent. What would happen though if Hogan didn't get medical clearance and Vince had a word in private with Hogan and said to him that if he felt up to it and threw a few punches and did the boot and leg drop? I do wanna see Hulk back, I just can't see him appearing at WrestleMania of all places and not breaking the script if needs be to get that rush and pop again for the boot and leg drop.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I feel like if the part-timer isn't medically cleared to do anything in the one-off appearance but want to, they could just sign a waiver saying WWE wouldn't be held liable if anything happens.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
They are a publicly traded company so they have to protect themselves.

Plus I don't think they want hogan getting crippled being the lasting image of 30

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
A punch or two though?

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Probably after a few punches and a shirt rip, the "You still got it", chants start up, and then Hunter starts getting ideas.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Most likely they didn't want hogan to be overcome by Hulkamania and going further

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This is good news for me, have him involved, but not in a match.

BB

Reaction score
Hulk Hogan's involvement with WrestleMania this year was practically sealed when he left TNA. I marked out like a little baby when the rumours of a possible return started. Quite honestly I don't care how he is used at WrestleMania, just as long as we see him that will be worth the pay-per-view price alone. Selfishly I would love to see him have one last match and retire at WrestleMania 30.