• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Backstage News on Hogan's WrestleMania Role

Dale

Super Moderator
- Hulk Hogan is confirmed to appear at WrestleMania XXX but exactly what he will be doing is still up in the air. We noted before that Hogan was examined by WWE doctors and the decision was made to not book Hogan in any physical role. Hogan can't even be allowed to stand there and throw punches, let alone do a big boot or a leg drop.
I know this may sound stupid, but why do part timers need to be medically cleared like is it just a WWE thing or like a rule they have to adhere to? I can understand them doing it for talents who will be likely used on a full time basis but not to an extent for a one night appearance here and there but I guess it's to cover the WWE incase something happened to that talent. What would happen though if Hogan didn't get medical clearance and Vince had a word in private with Hogan and said to him that if he felt up to it and threw a few punches and did the boot and leg drop? I do wanna see Hulk back, I just can't see him appearing at WrestleMania of all places and not breaking the script if needs be to get that rush and pop again for the boot and leg drop.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
I feel like if the part-timer isn't medically cleared to do anything in the one-off appearance but want to, they could just sign a waiver saying WWE wouldn't be held liable if anything happens.

SAIYANS

They are a publicly traded company so they have to protect themselves.

Plus I don't think they want hogan getting crippled being the lasting image of 30

BB

Hulk Hogan's involvement with WrestleMania this year was practically sealed when he left TNA. I marked out like a little baby when the rumours of a possible return started. Quite honestly I don't care how he is used at WrestleMania, just as long as we see him that will be worth the pay-per-view price alone. Selfishly I would love to see him have one last match and retire at WrestleMania 30.