Attitude Era Week Two - Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RoyalRaven

Fooqy Booqy Biggest Gamer Winner!
Banned
Reaction score
"Bret Screwed Bret" No, you screwed Bret.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
"Bret Screwed Bret" No, you screwed Bret.

Completely disagree, Bret should do the job when asked especially when leaving. Meduca through the women's title in the trash and Vince couldn't risk that happening with the WWF title it could have ended him, especially with how hot WCW was at the time.

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
seabs said:
Completely disagree, Bret should do the job when asked especially when leaving. Meduca through the women's title in the trash and Vince couldn't risk that happening with the WWF title it could have ended him, especially with how hot WCW was at the time.

Michaels was a dick :/, would you wanna drop the title to someone like that in your home town. He said he was happy to drop it to anyone but Michaels because he didn't show him respect.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
Michaels was a dick :/, would you wanna drop the title to someone like that in your home town. He said he was happy to drop it to anyone but Michaels because he didn't show him respect.

I wouldn't mind it because I would be riding off to chase Ted's money, Shawn was a dick but Bret was just as bad for this IMO. He should have been the bigger man and dropped the title to who he was asked to.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:

You do what your told in this business.

I think it would be pretty lame if something like this happened today, what if Cena didn't want to drop the title to Punk just because he didn't like him?
That's not what this business is about.

Reactions: seabs

RoyalRaven

Banned
Reaction score
seabs said:
I wouldn't mind it because I would be riding off to chase Ted's money, Shawn was a dick but Bret was just as bad for this IMO. He should have been the bigger man and dropped the title to who he was asked to.

True, but still :/ Vince could have respected his performers wishes.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
seabs said:

Not watching but saw this post, who did Michaels ever job to before Austin? He's the only person to vacate the World Title twice because he didnt want to job to anyone. Hart would've dropped it to Austin, which would've made way more sense in kayfabe. Bret always was the bigger man, dropping the title to Hogan via Yoko, dropping to Shawn, and dropping to Backlund. Could you EVER see Shawn jobbing to BOb? I wouldn't want my last match to be dropping the title to Shawn either.

Reactions: RoyalRaven

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
deth said:
You do what your told in this business.

I think it would be pretty lame if something like this happened today, what if Cena didn't want to drop the title to Punk just because he didn't like him?
That's not what this business is about.

Refer to my post above :punk:

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
RiotRaven said:
True, but still :/ Vince could have respected his performers wishes.

I agree it would have been a nice gesture to a loyal employee but Shawn was his second big star in a time of need, they couldn't risk putting the title on anyone but a big star at the time.

Swift

Alien Princess
Banned
Reaction score
Senhor Perfect said:
Not watching but saw this post, who did Michaels ever on to before Austin? He's the only person to vacate the World Title twice because he didnt want to job to anyone. Hart would've dropped it to Austin, which would've made way more sense in kayfabe. Bret always was the bigger man, dropping the title to Hogan via Yoko, dropping to Shawn, and dropping to Backlund. Could you EVER see Shawn jobbing to BOb? I wouldn't want my last match to be dropping the title to Shawn either.

I had a feeling you'd show up lol
:obama: