Ask Anigma

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

wwerko619

Reaction score
Im about to team with someone to work in his btb, do you think working with a partner in writing a btb is better than being a single writer?

The Anigma

Reaction score
wwerko619- Yes and no. Yes, I think it's better to work with a partner because it cuts down on the amount of work you have to do. No, because most times partners don't follow through and end up quitting a BTB leaving their partners to either A) quit the BTB or B) carry the entire load on their own. It really depends on who the partner is and whether or not they're reliable.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Are you aware that Hulkstar is ripping your BTB stuff on other forums?

The Anigma

Reaction score
Actually I am aware of that but when can I really do about it. Go over to the forum and cause a bunch of B.S. because some people just aren't creative enough to come up with their own shit. lol...this is like the third time this has happened.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
I am already telling Mod's he ripped it, no need to worry, lol!

John

^^ thats unbelivable. anyway question,

when you did your first show, where did you plan to take the show and did you ever think that you would be one of the best btbers on the site?

The Anigma

Reaction score
Thanks, rosewt01. I appreciate it, dude.

The Small Show- Generally, I didn't have a plan on where I would take the show. I just took it one show at a time with no planning although I did have ideas in my head, I never had anything written down. It's all been on-the-fly booking thus far and it'll probably stay that way. As far as me becoming one of the best BTB'ers on the site. I never thought I'd get to the level that I'm at because The Commencement is in fact my very first attempt at BTB. I'm more in awe of other bookers being in awe of me than they are of me...lol...it's real surprising that I'm regarded as being one of if not the best bookers on here considering The Commencement is my very first BTB. It just goes to show that if your willing to put in the work and have a creative mind then anyone can be big in BTB. Unless you're ripping other people's BTB's.

Toddy

Reaction score
Yeah

I think i saw someone had ripped CMS's work on wrestling clique

On Topic: What is the best way to make a superstar return

The Anigma

Reaction score
Toddy- There are a variety of ways to bring a superstar but I think it depends on how he left. If he was injured by another superstar then you can just have him do a run-in return attacking the superstar that injured him. If he was injured accidentally then you can use promos to hype his return.

CT Styles- Hmm...that's a tough question because I'm impressed with a lot of the new BTB'ers byut here's my top 5 list as of now.

1. Xtremebadass
2. Anigma
3. CMS
4. Leviathan
5. Chessarmy

A lot of the young BTB'ers are starting to impress me. Some of the few who have impressed me recently are CT Styles, GardsJr and Rosewt01. The number 5 spot in BTB can be taken by anyone but at this point I think chessarmy is holding that position down right now. That's just my opinion on the top 5 BTB'ers.

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
You said i needed to imprve on promo's, how?

The Anigma

Reaction score
Well, I think you have great ideas which I mentioned in my review but your promos seem to be a bit rushed when I read them and they don't come out well. I think you need to try and focus on putting your superstars more into character. Take your time with your promos and think them through before you post up your entire show. Read them and think "Would he/she really say something like that?" if the answer is no then the character isn't in character.

The Anigma

Reaction score
First and foremost, I would like to say that I feel as though you're one of the few underrated bookers around here.

Now on to your question.

In my honest opinion, as a booker, I don't think you have a weak point. I think that your match and promo writing skills are equal but that doesn't mean that there's no room for improvement. There's always places to improve on and in your case I would say the best place for you to start to improve on is taking your time when putting together your show. For some reason, I feel as though your shows, most notably your promos are a bit rushed. Now I'm not telling you to procrastinate but whenever you write out your match and/or promo, read over it, re-read over then read it once again to make sure that it flows through properly.

That's probably the only thing that you can improve on, the flow of your matches. The matches are very good as I mentioned but the flow seems off at times to me. If you perfect the flow of your matches (I. E.- counters, reverses, etc.) then your BTB will, in my opinion, be recognized as a great BTB by everyone.

Evil Austin

Why did you chose to do that BTB that you are doing, I mean over a TNA btb or ROH btb or ECW btb or WCW btb lol or even a made up one.... What made you chose Commencement ?