Are you serious? (Decided to watch TNA tonight)

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Airfixx

Reaction score
hen TNA has better booking you know you're absolute fucking shit.

Stay off the pipe. :roll:

Coherent storylines? The whole thing with Cena is the biggest piece of shit booking I've seen in a long time. The guy gets "fired" only to still run around on RAW when he is supposed to be fucking fired.

They explained everything logically on screen, so it would appear you FAILED to follow a storyline meant for the PG audience? I'd worry about that if I were you.

So the writers realize how fucking worthless they are and how they will not pull off a decent storyline and they bring Cena back not even two months after he is "fired".

...Or it could have unfolded exactly as they'd intended and that you're just spewing random hate cos you failed make sense of what went on with Cena becasue you heard the words "fired". :roll:

Sorry but that was the worst major storyline I've seen in years. TNA is bad but not that bad. Was the Joe abduction shit stupid? Yes but at least they didn't run with it and produce an epic fail like the whole Cena/Nexus shit became. Fucking awful.

So Nexus was worse in terms or writting and booking than the MEM? ...Get the fuck outta here!!!

Now TNA sucks too, don't get me wrong but that shit was just pure fucking trash. It sucks too considering it started out interesting and it's really not that hard to make a worthy storyline out of the whole Cena getting fired angle.

Sidestepping the fact that the firing wasn't THE storyline, just a mere part of it, what would YOU have done with all your booking/creative wisdom?

Fucking Santino and Kozlov are the tag team champions for christ's sake.

This is sports entertainment... They are over and provide entertainment value. Who should be WWE tag champs then?

The whole feud between Edge and Kane was fucking trash. Every god damn week it was a Blue cat and mouse game.

I didn't enjoy it, but....

I don't need to explain why fucking Kane shouldn't be around chasing Edge failing every time to get Bearer like a blueberry.

I think you should... I am certainly not aware of any published rules on the matter.

Many of the guys who should be getting the big push are jobbing and others are lost in the shuffle. DiBiase and McIntyre have become jobbers....

...Yes, when it became quite clear they didn't have as much to offer as initially thought by the office. Are you saying that those two should be HIGHER up the card?

talented guys have been released(now this always happens but the amount of talented guys released by the E in the past six months

...The two most notable beig MVP & Kaval whom both left of their OWN accord.

...and then we have guys who are just lost like Rhodes, Swagger, etc.

Rhodes is just about to embark on by far his biggest singles fued to date.

Swagger has been getting good match time, putting on quality atches with Koif (IMO, to re-establish his ring-game a bit more so they can get a bit more serious with him).

I don't watch either TNA or the E anymore but from the last time I watched and from reading to keep up with it all, I much prefer TNA at the moment.

.....Then I guess your opionion is all but worthless.

(I wish I'd read the last part of your post first as I wouldn't have wasted my time replying to someone who's opinions are based on that of others and bunch of bullshit from the largely shit wrestling rumour mill.)

nation

Reaction score
Stay off the pipe. :roll:

lol, you will just never admit when TNA is actually better than the E.

They explained everything logically on screen, so it would appear you FAILED to follow a storyline meant for the PG audience? I'd worry about that if I were you.

Logically? Having Cena run around backstage attacking the Nexus when he is fired is logical? I am pretty sure when you're no longer employed by the company you should not be backstage on company grounds. The LOGICAL thing to do would be kick him out of the building and have security to not allow him backstage.

...Or it could have unfolded exactly as they'd intended and that you're just spewing random hate cos you failed make sense of what went on with Cena becasue you heard the words "fired". :roll:

Again as I just explained it wasn't "logical". If it ended up exactly as they intended well that's just sad considering how fucking awful the storyline became after Cena got fired.

So Nexus was worse in terms or writting and booking than the MEM? ...Get the fuck outta here!!!

Did I say that? The MEM was years ago and yes that ended up being awful.

Sidestepping the fact that the firing wasn't THE storyline, just a mere part of it, what would YOU have done with all your booking/creative wisdom?

Long story short, I would have Orton win back Cena's contract only to have Cena turn on him upon his return for something nice and unpredictable.

This is sports entertainment... They are over and provide entertainment value. Who should be WWE tag champs then?

A team with credibility and maybe that actually provides wrestling value to the division. Like the Hart Dynasty was. Now if Santino and Kozlov were built up nicely before they won the belts it would be better but they haven't thus the credibility factor and that fact that they're just a comical team which doesn't do their credibility as a team any favors but yes like you said they provide entertainment and they're over which is why it would have been nice to at least build them up first.

I didn't enjoy it, but....

Yes?

I think you should... I am certainly not aware of any published rules on the matter.

Here is a guy billed at the "Big Red Machine" and the "Devil's favorite demon" and you have this guy running around playing a Blue cat and mouse game. Kane is a psychological master he shouldn't be running around every week like an idiot and failing every time to get back Bearer.

...Yes, when it became quite clear they didn't have as much to offer as initially thought by the office. Are you saying that those two should be HIGHER up the card?

Clearly they shouldn't be jobbing and much higher up in the card, nicely put in the midcard. It became quite clear they didn't have as much to offer? Now maybe these guys are main eventer material right now or potentially ever but they should not be jobbers. I don't need to explain why they shouldn't be jobbing. Again maybe they aren't the next breakout stars but they are solid midcard talent and in my opinion they do indeed have the talent to be big stars.

...The two most notable beig MVP & Kaval whom both left of their OWN accord.

Why do you think they left? Maybe because their talent wasn't properly being utilized and the E hasn't made any attempt for awhile to do anything with them? Yes, I do know both of them left on their own terms but again why do you think they left? Should they have waited? Maybe but definitely in the case of MVP who got severely screwed over they haven't attempted to do anything with them in sometime.

Rhodes is just about to embark on by far his biggest singles fued to date.

The last time I checked Rhodes was lost in the shuffle. Are they preparing Rhodes to feud with Mysterio? The last time I watched and from reading results it seemed as the plan was for them to feud in the future. Hopefully it happens and Mysterio puts Rhodes over.

Swagger has been getting good match time, putting on quality atches with Koif (IMO, to re-establish his ring-game a bit more so they can get a bit more serious with him).

I know what he is doing. Are they doing something with him? Obviously but he is still lost in the shuffle just being thrown randomly between Ziggler and Kingston. I'm sure soon he won't be lost in the shuffle but right now at the moment he is. This will change of course unless they job him out again but right now Swagger is kind of lost in the shuffle.

.....Then I guess your opionion is all but worthless.

(I wish I'd read the last part of your post first as I wouldn't have wasted my time replying to someone who's opinions are based on that of others and bunch of bullshit from the largely shit wrestling rumour mill.)

Again, I keep up with it by reading the results and it hasn't been that long since I last watched and I'll catch some matches here and there sometimes.

Beer

Reaction score
Nation, your arguments are terrible, Cena was rehired by Barrett in exchange for a Chairs match at TLC.

Your idea of turning Cena heel against Orton was terrible; turning a megaface and huge merchandise seller into a heel is the daftest things I've heard on this site for a while.

Kane running around after Bearer fits in PERFECTLY with Kane's backstory; he was reliant on Bearer when Paul pulled him from the fire. Bearer is his everything and has been since he first joined the WWE.

...god...

Reaction score
Btw, the security guards thing was explained by Cena. Nexus attacked the security guards the first night they were created, so they didn't care about Cena fucking with them. Also, Punk's new addition to the angle is playing on how Cena's big speech of being "fired" was a complete lie.

nation

Reaction score
Nation, your arguments are terrible, Cena was rehired by Barrett in exchange for a Chairs match at TLC.

Your idea of turning Cena heel against Orton was terrible; turning a megaface and huge merchandise seller into a heel is the daftest things I've heard on this site for a while.

Kane running around after Bearer fits in PERFECTLY with Kane's backstory; he was reliant on Bearer when Paul pulled him from the fire. Bearer is his everything and has been since he first joined the WWE.

While Cena is still obviously a huge face draw, Orton is the biggest and a Orton vs. Cena feud with Cena as a heel and Orton as the face this time means fucking money. That's a WrestleMania main event you want to have. Who cares if Cena turns heel? Orton is the top draw now. Cena doesn't need to stay a face because he's no longer the top face in the company and he will still make a ridiculous amount of merchandise sales as a heel. Kane is a psychological master for him to get owned every week by Edge is just Blue. Yes he is reliant on Bearer but he isn't Blue.....and every week he failed to get him. It was a terrible storyline and it made Kane look like shit.

Btw, the security guards thing was explained by Cena. Nexus attacked the security guards the first night they were created, so they didn't care about Cena fucking with them. Also, Punk's new addition to the angle is playing on how Cena's big speech of being "fired" was a complete lie.

If you're fired you obviously shouldn't be on company grounds. Barrett should have made the GM do something about it. That would be logical.

nation

Reaction score
Sorry, there is absolutely NOTHING to substantiate the argument of Orton being a draw.

You're saying Orton isn't the top draw? Like it or not he is and I do recall you saying how a Heel Cena vs. the tweener Orton we have now will make money.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
Orton isn't a draw in any way shape or form. Not ratings, buyrates, merchandise, house shows, not as a heel, face, tweener, announcer, GM, commissioner, VP of something-or-other, nothin'. Never has been. Santino makes more for the company than he does.

On a TNA note, I just saw The Pope in another horrible...HORRIBLE segment, and apparently is starting a Michael Vick gimmick. Their shows are getting better, but their lows are the worst of the worst, so it's hard to tell.

nation

Reaction score
Orton isn't a draw in any way shape or form. Not ratings, buyrates, merchandise, house shows, not as a heel, face, tweener, announcer, GM, commissioner, VP of something-or-other, nothin'. Never has been. Santino makes more for the company than he does.

On a TNA note, I just saw The Pope in another horrible...HORRIBLE segment, and apparently is starting a Michael Vick gimmick. Their shows are getting better, but their lows are the worst of the worst, so it's hard to tell.

lol like it or not Orton is the E's biggest draw at the moment. Ever notice how he gets the biggest pops?

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
He gets those pops based on the fact that he's on the top of the card and what he's doing is important relative to the show (then stop caring until he's about to hit with one of his cool finishing moves, which are actually over), unfortunately nobody cares enough about him enough to pay for anything in direct relation to him. They pay to see A. WWE B. Cena. And again, he sells no merch. So explain to me how Orton is WWE's biggest draw, when nobody can prove he makes any money for the company. :/

Reaction score
Yeah, arguing that Orton is WWE's biggest draw is pretty much Blue. He's a handy main eventer, but there's nothing to back him up a huge draw.

nation

Reaction score
He gets those pops based on the fact that he's on the top of the card and what he's doing is important relative to the show (then stop caring until he's about to hit with one of his cool finishing moves, which are actually over), unfortunately nobody cares enough about him enough to pay for anything in direct relation to him. They pay to see A. WWE B. Cena. And again, he sells no merch. So explain to me how Orton is WWE's biggest draw, when nobody can prove he makes any money for the company. :/

You have to be kidding. Look at all the Orton merchandise the E has been making since he became the "viper". A quick search on WWE shop shows half his crap on the front page. He has as much if not more merchandise then Cena being produced at the moment. So Orton gets bigger pops than Cena and half of his merchandise is on the front page of the stop, looks like Orton is a pretty huge draw to me. That whole roster thing for SD vs. RAW 2011 had Orton reach 1000 likes within like two weeks and it wasn't until like a month later that Cena had reached 1K. Who knows how many Orton has because it only goes up to 1K but he reached it easily the fastest. At least from when I looked at the site. So again it sounds like Orton is a massive draw.

Reaction score
But the things that really prove he's a draw, i.e the ratings, ticket sales and ppv buys are lagging. He might be popular, but no one on the roster outside of Cena, Rey and Taker are proven draws.

Reaction score
You're saying Orton isn't the top draw? Like it or not he is and I do recall you saying how a Heel Cena vs. the tweener Orton we have now will make money.

And it would. But heel Cena vs. Taker would draw so so much more money. And in the heel Cena vs. face Orton, Cena would easily be the draw in that instance as well and would be such a draw that the rub he gives Orton could in fact help make Orton a draw.