Are you rooting for the Rock or John Cena @ Wrestlemania 28?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Vivido

Reaction score
I started watching wrestling in 97, because of Rocky and friends.

So The Rock, but really I just want something good to come out of this, ideally a Cena Heel turn.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Would be kinda pissed if this ended in a draw but I would understand it. Cena doesn't need a W but he would benefit from it. Rock doesn't need a W and really wouldn't benefit from it. Going for Cena here.

Deuce

Reaction score
Rocky, Rock wins, he wins and then he leaves, Cena wins, Cena gets alot of respect and probably a push back into a title scene again, and that is what I DON'T want to see happen..

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
I am going with the Rock. Cena's argument that Johnson abandoned WWE for Hollywood is just a case of sour grapes. If JC could have actually acted, he would have done the same thing. The "abandoned" argument gives Cena something to attack him about, but it isn't the Rock's fault that Cena wasn't able to carry a movie. I don't fault the Rock for doing what he did because, in the end, all glory is fleeting.

Cena did an ok job in Fred: The Movie, though. :)

Last edited:

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I'm rooting for bad weather in Miami. Just like at Wrestlemania 24 in Orlando... kill the lights right in the middle of it.

That would seriously make me the happiest wrestling fan in the world. I would need to seek medical attention for my bleeding throat after laughing so hard.

WMD

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker2
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
I will support The Rock during his promos, however The Rock isn't an active wrestler, he doesn't need the win. Just like Rocky didn't need Hogan.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
Well if rumors are true about The Rock also competing at Summerlsam and next years Wrestlemania, I can see The Rock winning and fighting Cena again at Summerslam and then a 3rd match at next years Wrestlemania. Would I like to see at? No.

I will be rooting for Cena though as I have never really found The Rock entertaining in other than a campy way. I agree with the sentiments about how Cena is here week after week while The Rock isn't. Also I feel The Rock draws more simply because he draws in the casual fans. A bunch of old attitude fans are fickle and believe wrestling sucks now because there is no Rock, HBK, HHH, Undertaker, Stone Cold etc. which is mostly the WWE's fault for not really bringing in many new stars. I think because there are no recognizable names to the casual fan, they automatically assume it sucks. Also Raw might not give off the vibe that it doesn't suck. Everyone seems to be at fault here. Sometimes WWE puts on great matches on TV like Punk/Bryan but normally it's squash matches and promos with maybe 2 decent matches in between. The casual fan probably tunes in on the latter days and if they do hear Punk/Bryan is the main event, they don't know who they are and therefore change the channel.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The Rock 100% as he is without a doubt my favourite of all time and I thoroughly despise Cena.

I have absolutely no doubt in my mind that Rock would put over or pass the torch onto Cena but whether or not they will actually go this direction i'm not entirely sure. Given the nature of the feud and how it was Cena's illwill and disapproval of The Rock leaving for Hollywood that started all of this, I feel as though the story should culminate with Rock shutting up his naysayers and him earning Cena's respect (not that he should have to) as still being The Great One.

With it being infront of his home crowd, would The Rock really want to job and dissapoint the vast majority in attendance and watching? I doubt it. If it was anywhere else other than Miami, i'd give the edge to Cena winning but on this occassion i'm going to give it to The Rock.

Regardless, I think whoever wins the match it doesn't really do anything for them. Rock winning should shut Cena up but he's not going to be around again till whatever PPV so it kinda feels like a wasted win. Cena's already the undisputed top guy currently active and a win over The Rock isn't going to elevate him to another level or anything. Sure it might look good on his resume of going over The Rock but he doesn't need it for credibility purposes or whatever. Also, it could even increase the amount of hate and boos Cena gets throughout the arenas by going over some as popular The Rock too.

In my fantasy land, they do a deal similar to Rock/Hogan at Mania with Rock winning and then Cena offering his hand to be shook which Rock obliges with and then does the routine of raising his arms and such. Next night on RAW in a promo between the two, Rock puts over Cena to try and win him back some fans he's lost over the years.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Well this kind of throws a wrench into things cause it's been reported that The Rock has been casted to play Hercules in the upcoming Hercules movie and another movie. So we'll see how long he really stays around. I love the Rock and he's always been my favorite hands down but we'll see how he balances both acting and the WWE.