Are you rooting for the Rock or John Cena @ Wrestlemania 28?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ATKOOL

Reaction score
I'd like to hear support to your argument as to why you are rooting for one or the other. I've seen a lot of crazy things on youtube that I don't understand in the comment section of some of the Rock's videos. So I ask why are you rooting for one or the other?

I am rooting for John Cena. Not because John in any way one of my favorite wrestlers. Rock and Stone Cold are my favorites all-time. I think it is best for the business to have John Cena come out on top. Not because I like Cena more than the Rock or that I dislike the Rock. It is because I realize Rock isn't going to be here for all 52 shows of Raw like Cena will be. That is why I want Cena to win. I don't want him to job to the Rock so he can go off and do more movies til next years Mania. I am rooting for the guy who is going to be on WWE programming week in and week out. That is why I'm rooting for John Cena.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Can just discuss this in their mania match thread.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Opening this back because there was some good debate about this going in the shoutbox.

Once it's run it's course i'll merge into the Mania match thread but for now I think it'll be good to leave it seperate.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Cena is a combined 12 time world champ in the WWE. He's at the point in his career where he's hidden away in bullshit feuds and match Zach Ryder Kane. It's said but at this point the best thing for him to do is go away.

Now we've been discussing in shoutbox who should win.

Thing is neither man needs to. Cena is so over as I said he's basically hidden away. The Rock he's so over he left. Neither of them have anything to prove to anyone in WWE.

The best result for this match is a Draw. Why?

A draw is the best way to get people to want to see this match again which means more money and money is all that this feud is for.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Going Cena all the way here, mainly due to the purpose he's always in WWE 24/7 365 days a year and busts his ass doing what he loves. He is the face of WWE and really why should a big name wrestler return after 7 years just to beat someone who is there week in, week out?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Going Cena all the way here, mainly due to the purpose he's always in WWE 24/7 365 days a year and busts his ass doing what he loves. He is the face of WWE and really why should a big name wrestler return after 7 years just to beat someone who is there week in, week out?

If that were the case then Cena should win every match he's in.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
The Rock

It won't do anything for John Cena really and doesn't need this passing of the torch if you think about it, he's done enough already and he is super over also worth over $100mil to the company in a year alone and it won't assist him that much. It'd probably make him worse if he is to go over Rock clean in Rockys hometown of Miami. The only way I can see him winning if he is to turn heel but what are the chances of that?

But then if The Rock wins, it won't do anything for him either because he won't be returning as an active superstar and is over enough by getting put over by guys like Austin and Hogan years ago. He's been proven to be a major main eventer. Idk what WWE are going to do so I'm going with my favorite out of them which is The Rock, this will be an interesting feud.

Rocky revolutionized the business when he was an active wrestler and is one of the greatest of all time, he doesn't need to appear every week like Cena does because he already done it over 10 years ago and done it better than Cena, was a hard worker and he literally changed how the WWE is today and was (and still is) a major draw. Rock didn't come back to the WWE for the money, no no, he was successful enough in Hollywood and movies that he didn't need to come back. He came back because he loves the wrestling business and loves entertaining the fans. He grew up around wrestling, do the names such as Soulman Rocky Johnson and High Chief Peter Mavia ring a bell?

The Rock is better than John Cena. WWE wouldnt be where it was without him or guys like Steve Austin -- Cena can't compare to those type of guys. Rocky made WrestleMania 27 and WrestleMania 28 a success and at WM27 he was only the guest host. WM27 was the biggest drawing Mania EVER - Why? Because of The Rock. He draws better than Cena ever will and the buyrates prove it, the fan reaction proves it and the big rating boost whenever he appears on RAW proves it.

SIMPLY PUT: The Rock is better than John Cena. On the mic, in the ring, drawing power, as an actor and as an athlete.

Last edited:

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I don't care so much about who wins as much as I hope this will all be worth it.

rcoot93

Reaction score
Cena is a combined 12 time world champ in the WWE. He's at the point in his career where he's hidden away in bullshit feuds and match Zach Ryder Kane. It's said but at this point the best thing for him to do is go away.

Now we've been discussing in shoutbox who should win.

Thing is neither man needs to. Cena is so over as I said he's basically hidden away. The Rock he's so over he left. Neither of them have anything to prove to anyone in WWE.

The best result for this match is a Draw. Why?

A draw is the best way to get people to want to see this match again which means more money and money is all that this feud is for.

Totally agree it is hard to argue either way as it's Rock home town and he is a big draw but he isn't staying full time
And Cena is mega over and the win wont do anything for him or the rock, as a result a draw is the only thing which would keep both guys reputations and maby a rematch down the line

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I'm rooting for The Rock, because I mark for him and I dont give a shit whats good for the company.

Echo

Reaction score
I'm rooting for Cena. This is because Cena has worked his ass off every single day to get where it is today and I don't think it would be fair for Rock just to come in for a few matches, Beat Cena and then take off like he probably will.

TheOneKnownAsFetter

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Honestly I could see a draw happening to continuing the feud. This was suppose to be billed as the greatest Wrestlemania match since Rock/Hogan. So why blow your wad in one match? Have this one go to a draw then throughout the next few months build this feud for what its worth and continuing making money off it.