Anyone else...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I think we're over-saturated with pay-per-views. I understand they make a whole lot of money, and of course if they can make money they should do it.

Sometimes I just long for the day when you had to wait 2-3 months for a pay-per-view. The build-up and anticipation got really intense for that stuff 15 years ago.

Reaction score
Sometimes I just long for the day when you had to wait 2-3 months for a pay-per-view. The build-up and anticipation got really intense for that stuff 15 years ago.

I miss those days too, but the general wrestling audience is made of half wits with minute attention spans and they'd be complaining that a program is taking to long to come to fruition, as is the case now. There's no patience amongst fans and the E understands this and turns a pretty penny off that fact.

Reaction score

I miss those days too, but the general wrestling audience is made of half wits with minute attention spans and they'd be complaining that a program is taking to long to come to fruition, as is the case now. There's no patience amongst fans and the E understands this and turns a pretty penny off that fact.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The only thing I even watch out for is the NXT Invasion. I don't care about the World title picture or anything else because they're boring to me. I just don't like the World title picture, don't wanna see an Edge title reign or a Cena title reign, Orton is good but not good enough to make me watch every week. Saw Sheamus facing Mark Henry this past week, they're treating him like a mid carder again. I only SD! for the occasional match, I guess that's why I became a fan of Swagger. He was interesting to me and was doing a great job (IMO).

I'm not turning my back on the NXT Invasion just yet, everything takes time and I'm waiting it out, something big is about to happen. Whether the GM will be revealed or if a star will make a return *cough* HHH *cough*.

NinoBrown

Reaction score
The only thing I even watch out for is the NXT Invasion. I don't care about the World title picture or anything else because they're boring to me. I just don't like the World title picture, don't wanna see an Edge title reign or a Cena title reign, Orton is good but not good enough to make me watch every week. Saw Sheamus facing Mark Henry this past week, they're treating him like a mid carder again. I only SD! for the occasional match, I guess that's why I became a fan of Swagger. He was interesting to me and was doing a great job (IMO).

I'm not turning my back on the NXT Invasion just yet, everything takes time and I'm waiting it out, something big is about to happen. Whether the GM will be revealed or if a star will make a return *cough* HHH *cough*.

The Gamegirl

Reaction score
I agree with all of you that it is getting to the point of being unwatchable. The only interesting thing going right now is the NXT invasion. I like that they are pushing new talent also, but I still do not care for the new direction, gimmick ppv's, and the PG rating.

The Gamegirl

Reaction score
I agree with all of you that it is getting to the point of being unwatchable. The only interesting thing going right now is the NXT invasion. I like that they are pushing new talent also, but I still do not care for the new direction, gimmick ppv's, and the PG rating.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
The PG shit is pretty bad. The product has become overly corny and childish over the past 2 years. This is something I still dont understand to this day because pro wrestling is guys beating eachothers ass. The whole product revolves around violence, and yet..they want to make it a family friendly show. I mean its just completley illogical. Wrestling had always had this stigma attached to it which makes it out to be something that is bad ass and cool to watch and is something that parents shouldnt let their kids watch. Constant usage of profanity, controversial storylines, and sick bloody spots/matches is what helped attract a global audience and its what brought in the huge boom of fans in the late 90's/early 00's. Alot of these fans still love the product today and I think its because they got hooked to it a longgg time ago and they just cant stop following it no matter how corny and childish it gets. And I believe that is where more than half of the audience that the WWE has is coming from today. The other percentage is the little kids whos parents arent still under the impression that 'Teh WWF is wayy too immoral for my child to watch!' You know, the ones who have plenty of money and buy their kids all the live event tickets and orange Cena shirts and Kofi Kingston actionfigures they want...but still
Im just trying to say that I feel a bigger portion of the WWE audience would currently rather it go back to the old days. Not in every aspect, but in most, especally the violent/explicit factor. Not everything the WWE is doing right now is bad. The best thing going for them right now is their current youth rush that is coming in. They have some serious talent on their hands and it is showing some serious promise for the future. But can you imagine the talent that they have on the roster now but in a more TV 14 + aspect? That would be some quality programming and it would have a much bigger audience, I believe, than the constant 3.2s that Raw has been getting for the past 4 years now.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
The PG shit is pretty bad. The product has become overly corny and childish over the past 2 years. This is something I still dont understand to this day because pro wrestling is guys beating eachothers ass. The whole product revolves around violence, and yet..they want to make it a family friendly show. I mean its just completley illogical. Wrestling had always had this stigma attached to it which makes it out to be something that is bad ass and cool to watch and is something that parents shouldnt let their kids watch. Constant usage of profanity, controversial storylines, and sick bloody spots/matches is what helped attract a global audience and its what brought in the huge boom of fans in the late 90's/early 00's. Alot of these fans still love the product today and I think its because they got hooked to it a longgg time ago and they just cant stop following it no matter how corny and childish it gets. And I believe that is where more than half of the audience that the WWE has is coming from today. The other percentage is the little kids whos parents arent still under the impression that 'Teh WWF is wayy too immoral for my child to watch!' You know, the ones who have plenty of money and buy their kids all the live event tickets and orange Cena shirts and Kofi Kingston actionfigures they want...but still
Im just trying to say that I feel a bigger portion of the WWE audience would currently rather it go back to the old days. Not in every aspect, but in most, especally the violent/explicit factor. Not everything the WWE is doing right now is bad. The best thing going for them right now is their current youth rush that is coming in. They have some serious talent on their hands and it is showing some serious promise for the future. But can you imagine the talent that they have on the roster now but in a more TV 14 + aspect? That would be some quality programming and it would have a much bigger audience, I believe, than the constant 3.2s that Raw has been getting for the past 4 years now.

Castiel

Reaction score
I could care less if they were PG or 18+ or whatever! I like wrestling, I'm not gonna complain pointlessly on the internet, I'm just really sick of hearing "PG is bullshit!" who cares, get past it. You dont like PG then do what that guy up there did and stop watching. Thats up to you, just no more complaining please.

Castiel

Reaction score
I could care less if they were PG or 18+ or whatever! I like wrestling, I'm not gonna complain pointlessly on the internet, I'm just really sick of hearing "PG is bullshit!" who cares, get past it. You dont like PG then do what that guy up there did and stop watching. Thats up to you, just no more complaining please.

Reaction score

But isn't your post just pointlessly complaining on the internet about other people pointlessly complaining on the internet then?

I don't see anything wrong with expressing opinions on a wrestling forum about the current state of wrestling.

Reaction score

But isn't your post just pointlessly complaining on the internet about other people pointlessly complaining on the internet then?

I don't see anything wrong with expressing opinions on a wrestling forum about the current state of wrestling.

Axis

Reaction score
The PG rating is irrelevant. 2002 - 2003 Raw wasn't PG and it was just as awful as it was in 2009. It's about a lack of creativity. Smackdown usually has one or two solid matches a week, so I see no reason not to watch it. NXT as well.

Axis

Reaction score
The PG rating is irrelevant. 2002 - 2003 Raw wasn't PG and it was just as awful as it was in 2009. It's about a lack of creativity. Smackdown usually has one or two solid matches a week, so I see no reason not to watch it. NXT as well.