Anyone else...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
I don't see what's so "OMG THIS IS FUCKIN AWFUL, I WANT TO VOMIT" bad about this. It is nowhere near as bad as last year. There is no Hornswoggle, Orton-Cena or DX squashing. We have a young, fresh champ. Bourne is being pushed. The Nexus group is being pushed and people are being impatient on how slow and repetitious this storyline is becoming. Imagine how cool Barrett's return can be incorporated or how cool a Danielson swerve can be. They are just bidding time. The Miz is slowly being put over. The mid card is pretty solid. There have been good matches on a weekly basis. It appears to be a decent transition period right now. Orton is being built up nice and the younger guys are getting their shine on. I can't agree with all this seemingly unwarranted hate. Show some patience and it's just incredible how people bitched so much about what has happening last summer and NONE of that is happening now, but they are still bitching.

Reaction score
I don't see what's so "OMG THIS IS FUCKIN AWFUL, I WANT TO VOMIT" bad about this. It is nowhere near as bad as last year. There is no Hornswoggle, Orton-Cena or DX squashing. We have a young, fresh champ. Bourne is being pushed. The Nexus group is being pushed and people are being impatient on how slow and repetitious this storyline is becoming. Imagine how cool Barrett's return can be incorporated or how cool a Danielson swerve can be. They are just bidding time. The Miz is slowly being put over. The mid card is pretty solid. There have been good matches on a weekly basis. It appears to be a decent transition period right now. Orton is being built up nice and the younger guys are getting their shine on. I can't agree with all this seemingly unwarranted hate. Show some patience and it's just incredible how people bitched so much about what has happening last summer and NONE of that is happening now, but they are still bitching.

...god...

Reaction score
So weird how this like both happened to us at the same time, rob <3. I 100% agree. This is the longest I've went with missing/not watching WWE programming in like YEARS, possibly since I started watching again in the Evolution days. That, or when Triple H left the first time in 06 :/. I'll prob start more again when he comes back.

...god...

Reaction score
So weird how this like both happened to us at the same time, rob <3. I 100% agree. This is the longest I've went with missing/not watching WWE programming in like YEARS, possibly since I started watching again in the Evolution days. That, or when Triple H left the first time in 06 :/. I'll prob start more again when he comes back.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The PG-Rating has a dulling effect on all of the major storylines going on right now - but they're still good. Having a bit of blood or letting the attacks get "out of control" would boost the spots, for sure. Having the diva's be a bit lewd could really increase their appeal to the fans. I think being edgy would actually help most of the Superstars really sell everything, get into it a bit more.

Besides, Linda is being pushed now as "former" whatever whatever with the WWE, so I really don't understand why today's product would be a burden to her if she's got no involvement.

I don't care though, it's better than it has been, I see no need to complain. I'll turn the channel for some spots and matches, but I like this Nexus angle a lot, so I'm sticking with it.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
The PG-Rating has a dulling effect on all of the major storylines going on right now - but they're still good. Having a bit of blood or letting the attacks get "out of control" would boost the spots, for sure. Having the diva's be a bit lewd could really increase their appeal to the fans. I think being edgy would actually help most of the Superstars really sell everything, get into it a bit more.

Besides, Linda is being pushed now as "former" whatever whatever with the WWE, so I really don't understand why today's product would be a burden to her if she's got no involvement.

I don't care though, it's better than it has been, I see no need to complain. I'll turn the channel for some spots and matches, but I like this Nexus angle a lot, so I'm sticking with it.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
But isn't your post just pointlessly complaining on the internet about other people pointlessly complaining on the internet then?

I don't see anything wrong with expressing opinions on a wrestling forum about the current state of wrestling.

You can express an opinion but I'd like to think that most of us would like to express a correct opinion. There are plenty of great PG movies, tv shows etcetera out there as is and there is no reason to think that the WWE's product can't shine as well.

Truth be told everyone's problem is with the writing of the show which is entirely reasonable but most of them would rather take a short cut to thinking and just say OMG PG IS BAAADDDD!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
But isn't your post just pointlessly complaining on the internet about other people pointlessly complaining on the internet then?

I don't see anything wrong with expressing opinions on a wrestling forum about the current state of wrestling.

You can express an opinion but I'd like to think that most of us would like to express a correct opinion. There are plenty of great PG movies, tv shows etcetera out there as is and there is no reason to think that the WWE's product can't shine as well.

Truth be told everyone's problem is with the writing of the show which is entirely reasonable but most of them would rather take a short cut to thinking and just say OMG PG IS BAAADDDD!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The PG rating is irrelevant. 2002 - 2003 Raw wasn't PG and it was just as awful as it was in 2009. It's about a lack of creativity. Smackdown usually has one or two solid matches a week, so I see no reason not to watch it. NXT as well.

Or what he said instead.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
The PG rating is irrelevant. 2002 - 2003 Raw wasn't PG and it was just as awful as it was in 2009. It's about a lack of creativity. Smackdown usually has one or two solid matches a week, so I see no reason not to watch it. NXT as well.

Or what he said instead.

Montana

Reaction score
Well....i've said the product has been going downhill for a while. 2006 was alright, but i'd say it started going down in 2004 and 2005 with ruthless aggression and the JBL reign. There were some good things in this time, but a lot of negatives too. I liked 2006 with Cena/Edge, ECW coming back. But 07,08,09,10 has basically been the same thing over and over.

With that being said, i think one big problem now that they've ran into, is that the belt don't mean ANYTHING!!! They've whored out the titles so bad, i could care less who've won/lost them. That is a KEY fundamental to wrestling. On top of that, there was gap in between era's and stars. You have all these young guys who want a push, and only a couple veterns to really give everyone the rub. No more Austin, Rock, Foley, Brock, Eddie, Beniot, Angle, and so on. The WWE lost like 10 main eventers in the course of 2 years there.

I don't think the product is over watchable, but they are getting very relaxed, and just going through the motions.

Montana

Reaction score
Well....i've said the product has been going downhill for a while. 2006 was alright, but i'd say it started going down in 2004 and 2005 with ruthless aggression and the JBL reign. There were some good things in this time, but a lot of negatives too. I liked 2006 with Cena/Edge, ECW coming back. But 07,08,09,10 has basically been the same thing over and over.

With that being said, i think one big problem now that they've ran into, is that the belt don't mean ANYTHING!!! They've whored out the titles so bad, i could care less who've won/lost them. That is a KEY fundamental to wrestling. On top of that, there was gap in between era's and stars. You have all these young guys who want a push, and only a couple veterns to really give everyone the rub. No more Austin, Rock, Foley, Brock, Eddie, Beniot, Angle, and so on. The WWE lost like 10 main eventers in the course of 2 years there.

I don't think the product is over watchable, but they are getting very relaxed, and just going through the motions.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Well for me, it's wrestling as a whole. I'm just not as interested as I once was. I honestly haven't watching WWE on tv in months (besides the 1st episode of SD with the new draftees). I've just been reading reports and if something seems good, I'll YouTube it. I still record TNA, but I don't watch it live anymore. I just watch the recording. And I like that a lot better than WWE. But I wouldn't put all the blame on the PG. Lack of creativeness is also to blame.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Well for me, it's wrestling as a whole. I'm just not as interested as I once was. I honestly haven't watching WWE on tv in months (besides the 1st episode of SD with the new draftees). I've just been reading reports and if something seems good, I'll YouTube it. I still record TNA, but I don't watch it live anymore. I just watch the recording. And I like that a lot better than WWE. But I wouldn't put all the blame on the PG. Lack of creativeness is also to blame.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
A huge part of the creativity that is missing is predictability. I think that once WWE stops thinking all of their fans are blueberries, they should shake things up. I shouldn't be able to predict an entire PPV.