Anyone Else Feeling Old?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I was driving to work and my radio wasn't working so I had no idea. I went into the office and went to my cubical. Everyone on my floor were gathered around a cube on the far side of the office so I figured they were having a meeting. I sat down, signed into my computer and a girl named Kelly peeked her head up over my cubical and said, "OMG did you hear what happened? A plane hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon!"

I honestly though she was playing a joke.

I was 26 at the time. But honestly, I don't feel old even though it was 15 years ago.

I'm in New Zealand and got to work and people were talking about it at 6:50am. I had not switched on the TV or heard the radio.

Beyond "America is under attack" we did not know much. I think the towers had come down by then. I think it was around midnight or 2am here when it happened.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I was driving to work and my radio wasn't working so I had no idea. I went into the office and went to my cubical. Everyone on my floor were gathered around a cube on the far side of the office so I figured they were having a meeting. I sat down, signed into my computer and a girl named Kelly peeked her head up over my cubical and said, "OMG did you hear what happened? A plane hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon!"

I was 26 at the time. But honestly, I don't feel old even though it was 15 years ago.

I'm in New Zealand and got to work and people were talking about it at 6:50am. I had not switched on the TV or heard the radio.

Beyond "America is under attack" we did not know much. I think the towers had come down by then. I think it was around midnight or 2am here when it happened.

LOL I remember we were all mad because our math teacher "Ms.Rutlin" (which i have to add she was an evil cold hearted bitter old lady! I hated her ) but anyway the school principal informed the entire school of what happened over the intercom and, to turn it on so we can see what's happening. Well old bitter Ms.Rutlin didn't care about it at all long story short she turned it on for about literally 25 seconds.....Next thing I know we're taking a f***ing math test while the rest of the school got to watch!
I was at the desk like:ffs:

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
I'm 24 and started watching WWF when I was 6 so t was right when the attitude era was kicking off. I love watching all the old episodes of Raw cuz I remember almost all the storylines so it really brings back the nostalgia feels

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm 26. I've had 5 injuries including surgeries. I workout, have 2 kids, full time job, and am training to try and get in WWE. So yes I feel old most of the time.

Reactions: The Phenom

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I'm 26. I've had 5 injuries including surgeries. I workout, have 2 kids, full time job, and am training to try and get in WWE. So yes I feel old most of the time.
Chase that dream Brother! You may have just inspired me!

Reactions: edge4ever

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Are you attending a school now or are you just getting your body and mind prepared first?

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
  • Haha

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
That's what's up bro I really wish you the best with that man!.....I want to try it so bad but I guess I'm doubting myself

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
You have 1 life man. Just do it.

Extremely true. I regret the fact that I never got into wrestling. At nearly 41 and a half, it wouldn't be the best idea. I am in very good shape and have been practicing karate for 9 years now... but wrestling is a completely different story. I do have the regret so it's cool to see you guys going for it.

I'll have to check you out if you're wrestling when I get back to Illinois.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Extremely true. I regret the fact that I never got into wrestling. At nearly 41 and a half, it wouldn't be the best idea. I am in very good shape and have been practicing karate for 9 years now... but wrestling is a completely different story. I do have the regret so it's cool to see you guys going for it.

I'll have to check you out if you're wrestling when I get back to Illinois.
Let me know when and get some tickets. It's fun but now I'm bruised like every other day lol

• Haha

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I'm 27. Watched some AE when it was the 90s, but I got far more into it in the later half of AE and most of the RA era. Stopped watching in 2005 sometime, and only returned the same week as WM31, 10 year hiatus.

I go back and watch old ppvs and shows all the time. Actually just watched bad blood 2003 today randomly. What a ppv.

I wasn't fortunate enough to watch any ppv as a kid. (OK 1. Wm2000 at a friends) but my parents never bought them for me, I don't blame them lol.

The late 90s and early-mid 2000s were amazing, like stated before they had larger than life characters. Intense action for every match on every week, not just ppv lol. Awesome storylines... crazy swerves. Omg everytime I think about it I miss those days and all of those fucking amazing characters. God damn I miss it. Even re watching old stuff doesn't fully do it. Omg I miss the intensity. They really need to take a look at the action from those days and bring it back in today's wwe. Non stop action.

WholeFN'Moe

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
I have been watching the AE era stuff I missed as I stopped watching around 1997-1999. I missed all of the Ruthless Aggresison era.

Its has been 20 years since Austins 3:16 promo
19 Years for the Montreal Screwjob
I am coming up to Jerichos debut in 1999 in the WWF. I remember his WCW Greenburg thing.
The Brood is starting to break up, Edge and Christian have since retired from in ring.
John Cena is not around and is more or less a part timer now.
Undertaker looks young.
The Rock had hair.
Kanes not erm as chunky, looks cooler as well.
Triple H was not a total tool.
Goldberg was on RAW last week, some of the last Wrestling I watched was around the fingerpoke of Doom WCW era.
Quite a few wrestlers are now dead (Test, Chyna, Owen etc).

AE has the edge with storylines and star power and great moments. Overall its fairly eh.To many swerves and run ins.

I'm right there with you man, I'm 30... started watching in 1992

It's like you wake up one day and your old... Like aliens kidnapped out and returned you 15 years later. It doesn't help that the good old days of wrestling are LONG gone and it will never be near as good ever again

CEOHaize

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm 30 but yes. Just the fact that Jericho has gotten so old makes me feel that way. I've literally watched his whole career