Anyone Else Feeling Old?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
I have been watching the AE era stuff I missed as I stopped watching around 1997-1999. I missed all of the Ruthless Aggresison era.

Its has been 20 years since Austins 3:16 promo
19 Years for the Montreal Screwjob
I am coming up to Jerichos debut in 1999 in the WWF. I remember his WCW Greenburg thing.
The Brood is starting to break up, Edge and Christian have since retired from in ring.
John Cena is not around and is more or less a part timer now.
Undertaker looks young.
The Rock had hair.
Kanes not erm as chunky, looks cooler as well.
Triple H was not a total tool.
Goldberg was on RAW last week, some of the last Wrestling I watched was around the fingerpoke of Doom WCW era.
Quite a few wrestlers are now dead (Test, Chyna, Owen etc).

AE has the edge with storylines and star power and great moments. Overall its fairly eh.To many swerves and run ins.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
wAjEdMB
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
05chlfC
Favorite Wrestler
chrishero2
I'm 20, so no.

Star67

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm only 19 so i'm not feeling too old yet but it does feel like I started watching wrestling an eternity ago despite it only being 10 or so years.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat hey...I basically stopped watching after Kane took
his mask off (The First time) and only picked up watching it again from
the Royal Rumble & Wrestlemania this year.

So much time has passed...and I have to admit the quality of wrestling
is so much better...especially the Women...but...the Attitude Era just
seemed to have more "larger than life" characters. Austin, Rock, HHH,
Mankind, Angle, Taker, Kane Version 1.0...I just remember watching
RAW and every show seemed like a Pay Per View in itself.

Well...enough about the old days...The WWE has a new group of stars
now and most of them have far superior in-ring skills. Hopefully the WWE
can string some good story lines together and add a little variety to their
booking in the next few months.

We as fans need to stay positive and look forward to the future.

Oh...and for the record...I'm 34 and I recently had a toe amputated...
so I do feel kind of old.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
@Just Kevin, @Senhor Perfect (is that old fart even still around here?), and @Wacokid27 maybe.... just because they're old. :D

Possibly @Jacob Fox, but his studliness hides his old age well. ;)

Why did I get tagged in this thread?

I'm only 39 years and 10 months old lol

I remember watching RAW every Monday night and Smackdown every Thursday night during the Attitude Era... it was the era of the worst ideas and best ideas ever both coming together to form the best era in wrestling history.

• Haha
Reactions: GrammarNazi82

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Why did I get tagged in this thread?

I'm only 39 years and 10 months old lol

I remember watching RAW every Monday night and Smackdown every Thursday night during the Attitude Era... it was the era of the worst ideas and best ideas ever both coming together to form the best era in wrestling history.

You know around here if you're 30+ then you're old! lol

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The other night I heard that here in 'merica, people entering their freshman year of high school right now will be learning about 9/11 as this ancient happening that happened before they were born...

Zardnaar

The Showoff
Reaction score
Do any of you 20 somethings have the WWE network and watch any of the older wrestling even ones rated as 5 stars or the infamous matches like Mankind+Undertakers 1998 hell in a cell?

I was 12 when Undertaker debuted. Do the younger fans like him/don't get his gimmick?

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
@Just Kevin, @Senhor Perfect (is that old fart even still around here?), and @Wacokid27 maybe.... just because they're old. :D

Possibly @Jacob Fox, but his studliness hides his old age well. ;)

Thank you :D

It's ironic because I think I am the oldest person who regularly posts on the forum, but no, I don't feel old at all. I am actually a bit obsessed with not feeling old or looking old, which is why I work out so much, eat well and take in TONS of antioxidants.

But I don't let myself feel old. I mean, I was a teenager when Saturday Night's Main Event was the big WWF show... hell, to me WWF still sounds better and more natural than WWE. I was a fan of Ric Flair in his prime. And I started watching wrestling because of Hulk Hogan's Rock N Wrestling show.

Now I am watching the World Series and when I see guys like Addison Russell, who looks like he is 12, or Kris Bryant being 23 and the main guy on the team and likely the NL MVP... it makes me feel like maybe I could have done more with my life but it doesn't really make me feel old.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
I was 24 when 9/11 took place... okay.. I'm old.
Yea, because I was in my 6th grade math class when it happened I had to be 12 or 13 years old I'm 27 now.........Time flies!

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Do any of you 20 somethings have the WWE network and watch any of the older wrestling even ones rated as 5 stars or the infamous matches like Mankind+Undertakers 1998 hell in a cell?

I was 12 when Undertaker debuted. Do the younger fans like him/don't get his gimmick?
I'm 27 I watched the entire attitude era.... obviously I'm sure u guys can see Taker is my favorite wrestler.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
Yea, because I was in my 6th grade math class when it happened I had to be 12 or 13 years old I'm 27 now.........Time flies!

I was driving to work and my radio wasn't working so I had no idea. I went into the office and went to my cubical. Everyone on my floor were gathered around a cube on the far side of the office so I figured they were having a meeting. I sat down, signed into my computer and a girl named Kelly peeked her head up over my cubical and said, "OMG did you hear what happened? A plane hit the World Trade Center and the Pentagon!"

I honestly though she was playing a joke.

I was 26 at the time. But honestly, I don't feel old even though it was 15 years ago.