Anti-police-riots tear through London

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Defiant One

Reaction score
Im withholding judgment cuz the last time I was exited bout a TNA PPV we got lockdown but with that being said it doesnt look damn good, and if they find a way to screw up this card then idk

bighustle233

Reaction score
i think the outcry of a lot of tna fans and wwe putting out a more wrestling based product lately is influencing tna to make a less gimmicky ppv. all of these matches look very solid on paper and i like the addition of the x division four way that features tiger mask vs senshi vs jerry lynn vs alex shelley. that match will indeed steal the show.

what i'm more interested in is the whole NWA situation and how that's gonna affect the titles in TNA. the clock is tickin and the NWA wants their titles back after Sacrifice

Reaction score
Nice poster! You can't go wrong with "Captain Charisma" Christian Cage and "Big Poppa Pump" Scott Steiner on the front. Looking to be a pretty good PPV so far.

haha, with scott steiner on the front you can definitely go wrong, but im hoping for this ppv to be good. the title match shoudl be great, CC and Kurt Angle both always put on a good show.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
the card looks great, there's also less gimmick matches, which actually is better. the fatal 4 way will probably be match of the night.

xtremebadass

my predictions...

NWA champion Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle vs. Sting -Cage

NWA Tag Team champions Team 3D vs. LAX vs. Tomko & Scott Steiner -3D

TNA X-Division champion Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt -Dutt

Chris Harris vs. James Storm - Texas Death Match -Harris

Christopher Daniels vs. Rhino -Daniels

Jeff Jarrett vs. Robert Roode -Roode

Voodoo Kin Mafia vs. Christy Hemme's team of Damaja & Basham -D and B

AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe -? Does it really matter?

Jerry Lynn vs Senshi vs Shelley vs Tiger Mask -Shelley

Truth

Reaction score
Truths glorious predictions and why...

NWA champion Christian Cage vs. Kurt Angle vs. Sting -Cage
Sting and Angle will go on to fued with eachother after this and it'd be Blue if it was for the belt, a more personal fued is much better. Cage will retain and go on to fued with Joe or Styles.

NWA Tag Team champions Team 3D vs. LAX vs. Tomko & Scott Steiner - 3D
They just won the belts, there not gonna drop them now, especially since LAX is out of the question since they just had them forever, and Tomko and Steiner will definetly have some issues and will not win.

TNA X-Division champion Chris Sabin vs. Jay Lethal vs. Sonjay Dutt - Machismo
He's doin great right now, better then Sabin or Dutt and would lighten up the X division. Goes on to fued with Dutt.

Chris Harris vs. James Storm - Texas Death Match - Harris
Definetly

Christopher Daniels vs. Rhino - Daniels
Is this even a question? I'm 100% sure he will win

Jeff Jarrett vs. Robert Roode - Roode
He'll cheat somehow to do it, but he will win, part of Jarrets point on screen now is to put people over.

Voodoo Kin Mafia vs. Christy Hemme's team of Damaja & Basham - Bashams
VKM sucks, the Bashams are debuting and need to look strong in there debut match

AJ Styles vs. Samoa Joe - Joe
Winner fueds with Cage, winner will be the more ready and capable Joe

Jerry Lynn vs Senshi vs Shelley vs Tiger Mask -Shelley
I'm gonna have to take Shelley here, Tiger Mask definetly wont since hes not even under contract, Senshi might win, but Lynn wont.​

Truth

Reaction score
So heres my review on Sacrifice....

NWA-TNA Title Match
Solid match, should have been longer, more intense, better wrestling, it just looked like it was thrown together at the last second and was definetly not the best match of the night. Wasnt a fan of the finish either but as long as its vacated and thrown up in the king of the mountain match I'm fine.

X Division Title Match
Didnt see it, was lookin for a stream when this went on, but Sabin winning is gay

Tag Title Match
Good match, Steiner impressed me, Tomko didnt like usuall. Good but predictable, although Rick Steiner coming back caught me off gaurd, doubt he'll be any good in the ring, lets hope the Steiners dont get a tag title match...they will

Death Match
Favorite match of the night. They did a great job and sacrificed the hell out of themselves especially Storm whos face was completely crimson. It really sold the fued and its where the two work best if not in a tag match and thats with no rules.

Kip vs Bashams
Whatever

X Division Fourway
Solid Match, Lynn winning surprised me but as long as I get a Shelley vs Lynn vs Machismo vs Sabin Ultimate X match soon I'm happy. Tiger Mask had a good showing, hell they all did, shouldve been longer though thats about it.

Joe vs ANgle
Good match, wasnt as good as there others though and a bit too short. Joe didnt apply submissions like he did in there classic matches which really took away from the match, plus there wasnt any high impact moves for the most part.

Daniels vs Rhino
2nd best match of the night I think, maybe since Daniels is my favorite in TNA. Great unique moveset, him and Rhino really put on a show, I loved every second of it.
Overall good PPV, nothing tremendous about the show besides the Death Match imo, the main event should have been better and so should Joe vs Styles, that would have made the pPV great. 8.8/10 total.

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
The riot that tore through parts of north London's deprived Tottenham neighborhood has cast a pall over Britain's capital, echoing an earlier era of racial unrest, while spreading malaise through a city preparing to host the Olympic Games.

Eight officers were hospitalized after a peaceful protest against the shooting death of a young man degenerated into a Saturday night rampage, with rioters torching a double-decker bus, destroying patrol cars and trashing a shopping mall.

Looters descended on the area around midnight, setting buildings alight, and piling stolen goods into cars and shopping carts. Sirens could be heard across the capital as authorities rushed reinforcements to the scene.

"This is just a glimpse into the abyss," former Metropolitan Police Commander John O'Connor told Sky News television Sunday. "Someone's pulled the clock back and you can look and see what's beneath the surface. And what with the Olympic Games coming up, this doesn't bode very well for London."

As residents of Tottenham and nearby Wood Green picked through the wreckage Sunday, O'Connor said the disturbance had echoes of Tottenham's 1985 Broadwater Farm riot, a deadly disturbance that led to the savage stabbing of a police officer and the wounding of nearly 60 others -- brutally underscoring tensions between London's police and the capital's black community.

That riot was among one of the most violent in the country's history. It too was sparked by the death of a local resident after an encounter with the police.

Journalist and Tottenham resident Rizwana Hamid, who covered the 1985 riots, said Saturday night's violence was reminiscent of the earlier eruption in Tottenham, an ethnically mixed area which is home to one of London's largest black communities.

"The climate has changed, but very little of the issues have gone away," she told the BBC. She cited desperation, poverty and what she said was a lack of communication from police about the circumstances under which the man -- 29-year-old Mark Duggan -- was gunned down.

British media said that an officer involved in the shooting had a bullet lodged in his radio, suggesting a gunfight, but other details were scarce. Britain's police watchdog is investigating.

The Metropolitan Police, colloquially known as Scotland Yard, has struggled for years to cope with a 1999 inquiry into the death of a black British teenager that concluded that the force was "institutionally racist." In 2003, the Black Police Association even went as far as to call on ethnic minorities not to join Scotland Yard, saying discrimination was rife.

Although the force has made strides in its relationships with black communities, tensions linger.

Saturday's protest set off peacefully from Broadwater Farm, but got ugly as between 300 and 500 people gathered around Tottenham's police station.

Some protesters filled bottles with gasoline to throw at police lines, others confronted officers with makeshift weapons -- including baseball bats and bars -- and attempted to storm the station.

Within hours, police in riot gear and on horseback were clashing with hundreds of rioters, fires were raging out of control, and looters combed the area. One video posted to the Guardian
newspaper's website showed looting being carried out at daybreak several hours later, with people even lining up to steal from one store.

The devastated area smoldered Sunday -- some streets littered with bricks and lined with overturned scorched trash cans. Two police helicopters hovered over the burnt-out buildings as residents inspected the damage and firefighters doused the last of the flames.

Local lawmaker David Lammy, speaking to residents from behind police tape, angrily denied that the Saturday night riot hinted at a return to the previous unrest.

"We don't want 25 years of community and trust destroyed because of mindless nonsense," Lammy said.

He was heckled by a man who yelled: "When are we going get justice? We need justice, man! Let's talk about justice!"