Another "Attitude Era" Star Returning to the ring soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Uh, who said he's returning into the ring and he's already been contracted to WWE since Rumble.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
The Informer said in 2012. It is still 2011 so we don't know who it is. Plus Nash hasn't returned to the ring. It could be Nash but we will have to wait four months to find out.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Nash power bombed CM Punk. Ergo he returned to the ring...
So yeah.
Informers can be wrong all the time, over projecting and shit.

PegasusKid

Reaction score
Yeah looks ike Nash mih be making his way back to fued with Punk but I still wouldnt be suprised if a few others start turning up for another run. I see Fole becoming involved in the Cena Rock Fued at some point erhaps revealing to be GM, which by the way needs to end now! Not that he has had any injection in a while.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The odd thing about it being Nash though is does he count as being part of the Attitude era as he was wrestling for WCW at that time? Sure it means he was wrestling around that time, but I took this to mean someone who was in WWF and actually part of the Attitude movement.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
See. You guys are haters.
First off, when have you known WWE to stick to a time table? Even if they did with the return of Nash it does not mean he will not wrestle in the ring until 2012 (Punk-Nash @ Wrestlemania? EC?)

Also I believe WCW's history is part of WWE's now, and even if he (Nash) left WWE at the start of the attitude era WCW was a huge factor in "pushing" WWE to their limit in terms of story lines and whatnot.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
You know I reckon it is Foley. Why? Read on...

Mick Foley recently announced a UK Stand Up Comedy Tour. The date the tour starts is on the 9th of November. The WWE UK tour has its tapings on the 7th & 8th of November. Coincidence? I think not. I asked about a Foley return on the page for his tour as the dates tie in, their comment was "We couldn't possibly comment".

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Nash power bombed CM Punk. Ergo he returned to the ring...
So yeah.
Informers can be wrong all the time, over projecting and shit.

Just double checked and it is still 2011. Too early to be calling it as Nash.

You know I reckon it is Foley. Why? Read on...

Mick Foley recently announced a UK Stand Up Comedy Tour. The date the tour starts is on the 9th of November. The WWE UK tour has its tapings on the 7th & 8th of November. Coincidence? I think not. I asked about a Foley return on the page for his tour as the dates tie in, their comment was "We couldn't possibly comment".

I think that those dates show that Foley won't be at those dates. Why would WWE bring him back and then let him go the next day to do the comedy tours? If he would return I expect that he would return after he has fulfilled all outside committments.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think it is Foley too, I just think it would be such a big deal, and he could really help to get some of the young talent over, and the timing does seem right for a comeback.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Remember Foley's last WWE contract Troy? He had limited matches and I'm sure he would be allowed to do his own stuff, espescially if it helps promote WWE.

TheZig

Reaction score
Who knows maybe it does indicate to Nash or Foley but there are other possibilities. Take Steve Austin for example, Theres been talks of him vs Punk at Wrestlemania. I think everyones forgetting one crucial name...Chris Jericho, We have been wondered when he would return and i believe hes buisy touring with his band Fozzy till late this year.

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
Yeah it is 2011 but we are half way through the 8th month. So we have 2.5 more months to go. You think WWE would really rush a match between Nash and Punk? They could prolong it for all we know, hell Trips could start another faction with Nash. Just because Nash is on TV does not mean they HAVE to go immediately into a physical confrontation.

Troy if you read my follow up post you would see I made this point. I also made the point that WWE rarely follows their time tables, or even the importance of timing. Come on I cannot be the only guy who thought it was too sudden for Punk to return after a week... You also did not get the irony of it. The informer just said RETURN to the ring. Nash was in the ring so yeah attitude era guy is back. In the ring.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
1. If Nash is back in WWE for good, then I don't want to see him wrestle, a feud with Punk would be a big let down for the hottest name in wrestling right now.

2. Can't see it being Jericho as that wouldn't be that much of a shock because fans know that Y2J is still under contract and will return at some point. Austin is possible, but he has been on TV this year, and I expect whoever it is to be someone who has not been there for awhile, which is why Foley fits the bill. Also I expect Punk to face HHH at Mania not Austin.