Another "Attitude Era" Star Returning to the ring soon?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
– Following a several year hiatus, “The Informer†is once again featured in WWE Magazine. Though the monthly column largely consisted of made-up stories, it would at times correctly predict future storylines. The feature is now branded as “WWE gossip†and appears to be a mashup of kayfabe and legitimate backstage tales. Highlights from the October 2011 edition are as follows:

* “Would a certain A-list Hollywood celeb please stop calling our offices in hopes of landing a Raw guest-star slot? You had your chance already, pal!â€

* “I hear a top-level, WWE Hall of Fame-bound Superstar suggested that Natalya use the double sharpshooter at 2010′s WWE TLC.â€

* “During a recent photo shoot, a Superstar demanded that the makeup artist stop touching up the Divas and focus her attention on him!â€

* “A source tells us that The Rock isn’t the only Attitude Era Superstar planning to step in the ring in 2012. Hint: There’s an “E†in his name.â€

Who do you guys think this could be? My opinion, it's Mick FolEy.....but I could be wrong. Thoughts?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think it's inevitable that at some point someone will return that was in the attitude era. How many names have an E in them. Hell isn't Kane out on injury. Nothing to fuss over imo

Purple PuNk

Reaction score
StonE StEvE Austin,
Paul HEyman,
Shawn MichaEls,
KEvin Nash,
Chris JEricho...

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
The odd thing is didn't The Informer turn out to be Vince Russio? If so how strange that WWE would be something back which was linked to someone who now works for a different promotion.

Anyway I can see Foley returing in the near future, so it would not suprise me if this turned out to be him.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
I think the most likely ones are Jericho, Foley, and Nash. Nash could do a story with someone. Foley could always be used. Theres nothing he can't be used as. And Jericho is being sorely missed in the ring right now.

Honestly? I hope it's Jericho. But with him being more "active" then any of the other, I can see it being Foley to add more to the Shock factor. I think Foley will tie into the Rock/Cena story. Rock and Sock anyone?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Nash could also go to any role. Nash Ziggler win, toss vickie

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
They have missed the boat with Nash, should have taken adventege of the reaction he got at the rumble and booked him in a match with Big Show at Mania 27, can't see him returning again now.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Why they could easily introduce him at the next Rumble he'd most likely have the same reaction since nobody has seen him. Think he'd do ok reaction but personally if this rumor ever pans out I still think people will be disappointed in who it is.

Also how is Stone Cold coming back all that great wasn't he just on two months ago? Think we'd see a diminished reaction if it's him.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
That would be something but I don't see that happening for anything other than a Wrestlemania and this Wrestlemania has the Rock so it's overkill

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Since they mention returning to the ring I would say Jericho is the best option. Someone like Kane I wouldn't consider since he was only wrestling a month ago and this makes it sounds like the person is returning from a long break. Foley would be the next best option. Stone Cold wrestling Punk at WM28 would be awesome but I doubt it will happen so I don't think it will be Stone Cold.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Since they mention returning to the ring I would say Jericho is the best option. Someone like Kane I wouldn't consider since he was only wrestling a month ago and this makes it sounds like the person is returning from a long break. Foley would be the next best option. Stone Cold wrestling Punk at WM28 would be awesome but I doubt it will happen so I don't think it will be Stone Cold.

Yeah but that was the shit the informer used to pull to claim that he was correct.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Fair enough, I have never heard about this Informer before so I assumed that it wouldn't be screwy like that. I was hoping it would actually hint at something bigger.