NXT American Pitbulls Not Offered Contracts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
On a roster with guys like Orton, Batista, Sheamus, Rey, Show, Cena, Wyatt, and the like ... He's definition of average drone like. Bourne

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Stay or not, the guy looked like an instant star and became one. That cannot be said about any indy darling, I believe some like Elgin, and Lethal for example have a place in WWE, but those are typically comedy roles for Lethal, or a midcard powerhouse for Elgin ala Hugh Morris.
Yeah but how many Brock Lesnar's are out there? All my point is there isn't just instant stars growing on trees and not something you can just simply tell somebody to go find me a guy who is going to be a main eventer. Just a lot of factors go into it and more times than not the guys who become stars become one because of a circumstance that opened the door for them to be one. It's just something that has to happen naturally.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Yeah but how many Brock Lesnar's are out there? All my point is there isn't just instant stars growing on trees and not something you can just simply tell somebody to go find me a guy who is going to be a main eventer. Just a lot of factors go into it and more times than not the guys who become stars become one because of a circumstance that opened the door for them to be one. It's just something that has to happen naturally.

Don't get me wrong, I understand the point you are trying to make. There will always be exceptions to everything, Brock just happened to be a guy you could look at and see the potential in the business, it could even be argued that his leaving and winding up in UFC was the better career choice long term for his wrestling career.

Only point I was trying to make was here is a homegrown WWE guy, who instantly had that "it" factor from his debut. While the entirety of indy wrestling fails to have even 1 person that could be called an instant star, just guys that could help fill out a roster.

Reactions: SAIYANS

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Generic and try hard? I can tell you've never seen Davey work.

As I said before I have seen his work. He looks like generic, create a wrestler B and his moveset is just him busting out as many big moves as possible to get a pop. That doesnt make a great wrestler. And he's another Indy guy that wrestle's like he's 7'0, that doesn't work when you're in the ring with someone who is actually 7'0.

Reactions: SAIYANS

CliqueClacks

Reaction score
As I said before I have seen his work. He looks like generic, create a wrestler B and his moveset is just him busting out as many big moves as possible to get a pop. That doesnt make a great wrestler. And he's another Indy guy that wrestle's like he's 7'0, that doesn't work when you're in the ring with someone who is actually 7'0.
Show me a 7'0 guy that wrestles like Davey, I'd love to see it.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
A 7'er doesn't need to "work" a spotfest. The sign of the best wrestlers is a small, effective moveset, the amount of spots he uses in a single match could carry a year long feud in WWE.

CliqueClacks

Reaction score
A 7'er doesn't need to "work" a spotfest. The sign of the best wrestlers is a small, effective moveset, the amount of spots he uses in a single match could carry a year long feud in WWE.
If you watched his match on the last NXT (I think?) you can see for yourself that it wasn't a 'spotfest', he would obviously tone down his set and work more of a WWE style. He has experience, he has skill, why not sign him? Instead they're wasting two spots on guys that won't be able to do it as good as Eddie & Davey.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
If you watched his match on the last NXT (I think?) you can see for yourself that it wasn't a 'spotfest', he would obviously tone down his set and work more of a WWE style. He has experience, he has skill, why not sign him? Instead they're wasting two spots on guys that won't be able to do it as good as Eddie & Davey.

I watch NXT religiously, and ROH too for that matter. Edwards & Richards jobbed out to the 2nd tier tag team champions. Going by that logic Brooklyn Brawler should have been a major star.

Taz is one of my favorite wrestlers, but notice how I didn't jump all over Deezy for his statement? Because I understand it as truth, and atleast Taz had girth to his advantage, and doesn't look like Gollum from Lord of the Rings. The "littlest bigman" gimmick does not work in WWE. At best he would be a curtain jerker jobbing out to Ryder ffs.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Why sign him? What does his experience amount to? He's never worked a huge main wwe televised production in hd. He's not proven he can travel on a wwe schedule. He's known to have locker room problems and they've been treating NXT like an actual school with classes, teachers, instructors, and all.

Why pay them a sizable downside when you got guys like Nevilla and Graves with better looks, younger, cheaper, and who can work a wwe style without backstage problems?

You've presented no business argument other than they are skilled. So what? This is the real world, guys are skilled out there every day looking for 9-5 office jobs but that doesn't mean they should just be brought in, or even brought in and not start at the bottom of the ladder.

AJ Styles is phenomenally skilled, but his ass may as well read unemployed. You don't see njpw, aaa, or cmll offering the guy big guaranteed money. You don't see wwe trying to sign him, hot shot him to a main roster, let him headline some NXT shows in Orlando, or saying we will match what TNA was giving you. You know why? At the end of the day the asset of AJ Styles isn't drawing viewers, he's not putting asses in seats, he's not getting money out of wallets, not cutting amazing promos, doesn't have a great body, and they don't want to ego check him possibly from years of being a guppy in a pond .... Now take that logic and apply it to Richards but add in the fact he's worse than AJ and less notable to boot as is his partner.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Jerry the. King Lawler

Gimmick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Feel sorry for them, as I think they're good wrestlers despite what people say. When you have people like Justin Gabriel on the roster I don't see how you couldn't have any space for these two. Even if you don't use them often they could still come in handy for certain situations, especially the tag team division, which doesn't normally consist of huge guys anyway.

Also, is Eddie Edwards really that small? I thought it was around 5'11 or 6 ft.

Reactions: CliqueClacks

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just got done recently with this match so thought i'd chime in on it. Personally I thought they did fine and looked like they would be a nice addition to the NXT roster. I've heard about them alot on the internet but never actually seem them wrestle outside of a few gif spots and the opinion seems to be that you either love them or hate them and there's no middle ground really. I just don't see what a years deal could have harmed, maybe they win the brass over and adapt nicely to the WWE style and they can be an asset to the tag division on the main roster being a smaller, faster paced team.

Reactions: Tapout

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Feel sorry for them, as I think they're good wrestlers despite what people say. When you have people like Justin Gabriel on the roster I don't see how you couldn't have any space for these two. Even if you don't use them often they could still come in handy for certain situations, especially the tag team division, which doesn't normally consist of huge guys anyway.

Also, is Eddie Edwards really that small? I thought it was around 5'11 or 6 ft.

He's 6 feet, which in any normal world, or sane persons mind is an average or even tall size for a guy but in WWE that is WAY too small for some demented reason. Even though Cena is only 6'1. I don't get the fascination with big people. Size doesn't equal talent. They would have been a great addition to the NXT tag division and the main roster Tag Division. It just seems to be able to make it big in WWE you need to be at least 6'5 or weigh like 300 pounds. Oh, and if you were ever big in the Indies, good luck getting WWE to push you. Seems to be some sort of hatred towards anyone of an indy background.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If WWE hated indy guys they wouldn't hire them in the first place......think ffs. Cena started out in a tiny Socal indy fed. The only demented thing is smarky fans who think WWE buries indy wrestlers, if they wanted to bury them they wouldn't sign them to 6 figure contracts, and put them on TV.

Size doesnt equal talent., yeah that's right, but neither is chop/kickfest, followed by the fish out of water and every Dean Malenko chainwrestling spot every indy wrestler does. That doesn't make a guyu talented.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
He's 6 feet, which in any normal world, or sane persons mind is an average or even tall size for a guy but in WWE that is WAY too small for some demented reason. Even though Cena is only 6'1. I don't get the fascination with big people. Size doesn't equal talent. They would have been a great addition to the NXT tag division and the main roster Tag Division. It just seems to be able to make it big in WWE you need to be at least 6'5 or weigh like 300 pounds. Oh, and if you were ever big in the Indies, good luck getting WWE to push you. Seems to be some sort of hatred towards anyone of an indy background.

Its not that size=talent. Its that in the wrestling world size has always mattered, theseguys need to come off larger than life. Some average size guy doesn't draw in as many casual fans as some monster that looks like he could push start an oil tanker. Its always been that way, people complain about little guys not being given a chance but more often than not its the big guys that are treated like stars by the audience. A guy like Punk for all his cult like fanbase and talent has never been a true superstar, spiking ratings everytime he's on TV. Yet the Cena and Batista's do. And at the same time being small and on the indys does not equal talent either. So many of those guys think doing as many huge spots as possible and throwing legit kicks at each other equals talent.

Its the same as combat sports, or a by product of wrestling drawing on boxings fanbase decades ago. HW fighters are what get people talking, because theres more chance of a knockout. That translates over to wrestling, size draws, simple as that.

And what hatred are you talking about? Punk got a 400+ day reign, Bryan got to be the Authorities foil. If the WWE hated indy talents they would never sign them. Just because they passed up the Pitbulls, doesn't mean they pass up all indy talents.