NXT American Pitbulls Not Offered Contracts

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CliqueClacks

Reaction score
You are like the worst type of wrestling fan there is jfc. LMAO. Just because a guy isn't 'HUGE' doesn't mean he can't work. I can tell that you probably typed in 'Top 100 moves of Davey Richards" and formed your half-assed opinion. If you've watched Davey over his entire career you can see how far he's come and how much he's grown up. There was a time, when yes, you're right, he shouldn't be in WWE and there was a time he wasn't a leader in the locker room and didn't carry himself in a way he should. But since around early 2012, he's grown up a lot and was even on the verge of retiring. Since then he's became a leader, improved his in-ring style even more. Not everyone is the same cookie cutter WWE superstar. Davey is definitely not generic, there's not a person in the World that even comes close to him. The indy style is a lot different from WWE, but saying Davey couldn't adjust and work a WWE style is just stupid. You're talking about the best professional wrestler on the planet today not being able to work lighter than he already does? Get the hell out of here, if anything he'd be even better, having to do less. There's a reason a topic was made about Davey, there's a reason reports came out about him, it's because he is the man. And indy talent will always be better than homegrown talent. Davey would come in with about a decade of in ring experience and know how to work a crowd, which is a big problem a lot of the younger NXT guys have. You might not like him, and you don't have to, because you're right, yes he is small, but he's better than what ever they have now. If he wasn't a big deal you wouldn't be talking about him. This was probably the first time WWE had gotten me excited, when the Pitbulls debuted on NXT and to be let down like this reminds me exactly why I have no faith at all in the current product.

Believe it or not, I'm a much bigger Eddie Edwards fan and that sucks much worse for me. While Davey was in his 'asshole' stage of his career, Eddie was the biggest professional in the World and if anyone deserves to be rewarded for his work, it's Eddie. He's not quite as good in-ring as Davey but no slouch himself. Edwards isn't even that small anyways so that's why I kinda think the report not be 100% accurate, they probably didn't like Davey's size and Eddie was just kind of an innocent bystander.

You wonder why the product is so dry nowadays, it's because the guys with talent are way off of the boss's radar. It's even more true for Wrestlemania season. Instead of signing and building these guys up, they like to start and stop guys who they already have. Start them in the Summer, and then stop them to bring back old stars for this time of the year. Eddie & Davey might be better off in the indies anyways. Chances are they wouldn't be used correctly if they did sign with WWE and at least in the indies they have some competition, unlike WWE, who is in desperate need for tag teams, but you know, why sign a great tag team?

Reactions: Dale

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
For fuck's sake, he complimented Bryan and Generico

Reactions: SAIYANS

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Nothing shocking here, the true story is how they handle this. If they go on like it never happened, and avoid social media slandering of how they were treated there could always be the opportunity for another chance. Or, they do the exact opposite and spend the rest of their careers in Japan or Mexico where maybe 5% of the wrestling world is aware of you.

WWE has been doing a great job of hiring smaller talent of late, its just not their fault that only a handful of guys are capable of making the transition.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
No real loss. WWE already has plenty of guys very similar to Eddie and Davey. At most they would have been jobbers, height does really come into it with casual fans. If you're going to be facing Brock, Taker, Batista. etc. being 5'9 but acting like you're 7'0 just doesn't work. And the less guys WWE have just doing a Punk and just making themselves look good the better.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Haven't really watched them so don't know much about them but I pretty much always hear bad things about Davey Richards for years now lol. As far as trying to find a guy who can main event mania that just isn't something you can just look at someone and suddenly assume it is going to happen regardless of what they look like. I'm pretty sure if you would have asked people back in the day if Austin was going to be one of the biggest superstars of all time they would have thought you were crazy so you just never know.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I think you can see something. Love him or hate him, management saw Jindrak and thought he fit Evolution out of Jindraks own mouth while Hunter said I want Batista in that role. I don't think its out the realm @PHX to see a certain presence an athlete can have. It is not the end all and can't predict if you will headline Mania, but a few people have an it factor that can be seen in glimpses early on. They lacked the it to make trips say oh boy let me pay them, much like how AJ Styles isn't having wwe knock down his door, but Hunter has shown he can pick a star before

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
You are like the worst type of wrestling fan there is jfc. LMAO. Just because a guy isn't 'HUGE' doesn't mean he can't work. I can tell that you probably typed in 'Top 100 moves of Davey Richards" and formed your half-assed opinion. If you've watched Davey over his entire career you can see how far he's come and how much he's grown up. There was a time, when yes, you're right, he shouldn't be in WWE and there was a time he wasn't a leader in the locker room and didn't carry himself in a way he should. But since around early 2012, he's grown up a lot and was even on the verge of retiring. Since then he's became a leader, improved his in-ring style even more. Not everyone is the same cookie cutter WWE superstar. Davey is definitely not generic, there's not a person in the World that even comes close to him. The indy style is a lot different from WWE, but saying Davey couldn't adjust and work a WWE style is just stupid. You're talking about the best professional wrestler on the planet today not being able to work lighter than he already does? Get the hell out of here, if anything he'd be even better, having to do less. There's a reason a topic was made about Davey, there's a reason reports came out about him, it's because he is the man. And indy talent will always be better than homegrown talent. Davey would come in with about a decade of in ring experience and know how to work a crowd, which is a big problem a lot of the younger NXT guys have. You might not like him, and you don't have to, because you're right, yes he is small, but he's better than what ever they have now. If he wasn't a big deal you wouldn't be talking about him. This was probably the first time WWE had gotten me excited, when the Pitbulls debuted on NXT and to be let down like this reminds me exactly why I have no faith at all in the current product.

Believe it or not, I'm a much bigger Eddie Edwards fan and that sucks much worse for me. While Davey was in his 'asshole' stage of his career, Eddie was the biggest professional in the World and if anyone deserves to be rewarded for his work, it's Eddie. He's not quite as good in-ring as Davey but no slouch himself. Edwards isn't even that small anyways so that's why I kinda think the report not be 100% accurate, they probably didn't like Davey's size and Eddie was just kind of an innocent bystander.

You wonder why the product is so dry nowadays, it's because the guys with talent are way off of the boss's radar. It's even more true for Wrestlemania season. Instead of signing and building these guys up, they like to start and stop guys who they already have. Start them in the Summer, and then stop them to bring back old stars for this time of the year. Eddie & Davey might be better off in the indies anyways. Chances are they wouldn't be used correctly if they did sign with WWE and at least in the indies they have some competition, unlike WWE, who is in desperate need for tag teams, but you know, why sign a great tag team?

So Davey would come in and automatically be more over than Cena, Taker, Batista, Brock, Punk and Bryan combined?

I've seen a bit of his work, and he's not that special, he's not unique. Looks like everybody else. More benefit in singing a Swagger or Ziggler than a Davey Richards. Those guys can do it all, unless Davey went out and bought a personality from someone he cant work a mic to save his life.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I just don't think it is something you can just pin point and find it just happens. It's like that in sports too when a guy seems to have all the tools to be a star player but doesn't pan out. Never said you couldn't find promise in certain guys just don't think you can scout a guy and just because he fits a mold that he will work out for what you want him to be.

CliqueClacks

Reaction score
So Davey would come in and automatically be more over than Cena, Taker, Batista, Brock, Punk and Bryan combined?
When did I say that? I never said he'd come in and automatically be more over than anybody. I'm saying he's a tremendous talent that's one of a kind and deserves to have the spotlight for how hard he and Eddie have worked.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
I just don't think it is something you can just pin point and find it just happens. It's like that in sports too when a guy seems to have all the tools to be a star player but doesn't pan out. Never said you couldn't find promise in certain guys just don't think you can scout a guy and just because he fits a mold that he will work out for what you want him to be.

I don't know, could look at Brock and see that he was everything the business ever wanted. Even a hotshot push worked for him.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
You said he's the best worker in the world, that implies his ass better damn well get and be over,

AJ Styles is uber Richards and wwe isn't knocking down that door because in the real world, you pay for what guys are worth. Richards isn't worth a locker room headache if you ever heard what's been said about him. He's never proven to be a draw. He works illogical matches with big spot after big spot like he's part of a wrestling society x taping. If they aren't knocking down AJs door despite him being on national tv in some format for basically a decade because they know his shelf life is short, he won't draw, and they can get a guy like Neville or Graves to do the same work for money that is way less

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I don't know, could look at Brock and see that he was everything the business ever wanted. Even a hotshot push worked for him.
Like I said in my other post never said a guy couldn't show promise as being a main eventer but still can't assume he just going to be a main eventer just based on that. For every Brock Lesnar you'll have about 20 Mark Jindark's. Plus despite Brock becoming a main eventer for them he did end up leaving them hanging just a few years and that aspect of being dedicated is just as much if not more important than your looks and talent.

Last edited:

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
When did I say that? I never said he'd come in and automatically be more over than anybody. I'm saying he's a tremendous talent that's one of a kind and deserves to have the spotlight for how hard he and Eddie have worked.

Saying he's one of a kind, the greatest of all time, can work a crowd better than any NXT talent, he better get insanely over the second he appears on WWETV to back that up.

He's generic and try hard.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Like I said in my other post never said a guy couldn't show promise as being a main eventer but still can't assume he just going to be a main eventer just based on that. For every Brock Lesnar you'll have about 20 Mark Jindark's. Plus despite Brock becoming a main eventer for them he did end up leaving them hanging just a few years and that aspect of being dedicated is just as much if not more important than your looks and talent.

Stay or not, the guy looked like an instant star and became one. That cannot be said about any indy darling, I believe some like Elgin, and Lethal for example have a place in WWE, but those are typically comedy roles for Lethal, or a midcard powerhouse for Elgin ala Hugh Morris.

CliqueClacks

Reaction score
Saying he's one of a kind, the greatest of all time, can work a crowd better than any NXT talent, he better get insanely over the second he appears on WWETV to back that up.

He's generic and try hard.
Generic and try hard? I can tell you've never seen Davey work.