Alberto Del Rio heading to ROH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
We are also getting ADR vs ACH (meh)
and ADR vs Strong :fap:

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Didn't want to create another thread, so I guess I'll just put it here.

- As noted, Alberto "El Patron" Del Rio made his Ring of Honor debut at their TV tapings this past weekend in Nashville, Tennessee. ROH officials were said to be thrilled with their dealings with Del Rio. Del Rio was described as beyond easy to deal with and was very excited to be working for ROH.

Source: http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news...ction-to-alberto-del-rio-ring-of-honor-debut/

Can't wait to see these episodes featuring ADR!

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
We are also getting ADR vs ACH (meh)
and ADR vs Strong :fap:
Not an ACH fan?

I wasn't much of an ADR fan in WWE, but I think ROH fits him better, thus I'm sure I'll enjoy him a lot more (plus ROH is just overall better than WWE at all except production anyway so that's expected for anyone).

Reactions: Prince Bálor

TMBS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
VVR7eLH
Favorite Wrestler
williamregal
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
LH0JziR
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
kane
I'm really glad Del Rio is happy to be in RoH. I'm sure for most guys getting dropped from the big leagues after your forefathers were legends is horrible. I hope he can have a very fun and financially safe time on the indies.

And I hope he gets paid enough to change his ADR trunks soon...

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm really glad Del Rio is happy to be in RoH. I'm sure for most guys getting dropped from the big leagues after your forefathers were legends is horrible. I hope he can have a very fun and financially safe time on the indies.

And I hope he gets paid enough to change his ADR trunks soon...
B-b-but wasn't he rich? The cars? I'm confused

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
He made his debut at the tapings this past weekend in Nashville and the backstage reaction from other employees was good, they said he was really easy to work with and seemed genuinely excited to be working with the promotion.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Didn't wanna create another thread, since it's related to El Patrón, so...

What'd ya think of his in-ring debut in ROH?

If you haven't watched it, make sure ya do!

- I loved it, honestly. I think it was a great match against Daniels. Both guys got to shine.

Pumped to see his matches against ACH and Roddy, and against Lethal and Jay Briscoe, eventually.

Last edited:

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score

- I loved it, honestly. I think it was a great match against Daniels. Both guys got to shine.

Pumped to see his matches against ACH and Roddy, and against Lethal and Jay Briscoe, eventually.
Was just looking for this match, thank you for posting.

ADR and Daniels were both near the top of my favorites list a couple years back. Should be a great match

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score

I thought the match was pretty damn neat, two experienced wrestlers working hard to make each other look great, the Fallen Angel did an amazing job in putting over Alberto in his ROH debut, some of the bumps he took, let me tell you something man, a 43 year old guy shouldn’t be taking those, I fucking cringed when Alberto shoved him twice into the guardrails, that was insanely painful I guess. What I loved about the match the most was the pacing and rhythm, they really stepped up and worked balls-to-walls style full of clever counters, natural intensity and good selling, the layout was very back-and-forth cruiserweight style, and they nailed it.

Great match, and the ideal scenario for a rematch would be Daniels winning the top strap and defending it against Patron, but this is the fucking ROH we’re talking about. Oh, and their obnoxious crowds are still the worst, and so are Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino. Fuck you, Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino, fuck you.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I thought the match was pretty damn neat, two experienced wrestlers working hard to make each other look great, the Fallen Angel did an amazing job in putting over Alberto in his ROH debut, some of the bumps he took, let me tell you something man, a 43 year old guy shouldn’t be taking those, I fucking cringed when Alberto shoved him twice into the guardrails, that was insanely painful I guess. What I loved about the match the most was the pacing and rhythm, they really stepped up and worked balls-to-walls style full of clever counters, natural intensity and good selling, the layout was very back-and-forth cruiserweight style, and they nailed it.

Great match, and the ideal scenario for a rematch would be Daniels winning the top strap and defending it against Patron, but this is the fucking ROH we’re talking about. Oh, and their obnoxious crowds are still the worst, and so are Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino. Fuck you, Kevin Kelly and Steve Corino, fuck you.

Agreed.

But, I really didn't have a problem with the crowd and with KK and Corino, honestly.

Bort

WALKEN'
Reaction score
But, I really didn't have a problem with the crowd and with KK and Corino, honestly.
ROH crowds are the worst, fake badasses and morbidly obese neckbeards all over the venue, not to mention 30 different obnoxious chants per match and "witty" quips.

Kelly and Corino, ugh... I hope they both fall into a bottomless pit.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Why they took Nigel of commentary is beyond me.
Hell, Bring back Prazak or call Dr. Keith.