Alberto Del Rio heading to ROH

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
As AAA champion, he is going to be the most international champion in the history of the promotion. He is starting with ROH for several shows in January. ROH was supposed to announce it on the PPV, but a video he was supposed to cut to air that night never arrived. He’s also supposed to start with Lucha Underground, although at press time had not signed a contract with the promotion. Bellator also approached him on 12/8, after they lost out on getting C.M. Punk.

Meltzer.

This is big. Even if it is only part time.
If they can get Del Rio in when guys like Styles are in Japan that would be swell.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Oh snap, i'll watch RoH for ADR.
alberto-del-o.gif

Reactions: Prince Bálor

Stopspot

Reaction score
To clarify: ADR is at least as of this moment not signed to be full time with ROH. But rather he will be a traveling representative for AAA down in Mexico (where he is the main champion). The current schedule seems to be him doing a couple of shows with ROH, then a few with Lucha Underground and so forth.

So we should be getting ADR on a AJ Styles type schedule, where he shows up for maybe a month, then off to Mexico or another show, then back.

Which is fantastic if they can work it around AJ's schedule, so when they have AJ in Japan they have ADR and vice versa.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
To clarify: ADR is at least as of this moment not signed to be full time with ROH. But rather he will be a traveling representative for AAA down in Mexico (where he is the main champion). The current schedule seems to be him doing a couple of shows with ROH, then a few with Lucha Underground and so forth.

So we should be getting ADR on a AJ Styles type schedule, where he shows up for maybe a month, then off to Mexico or another show, then back.

Which is fantastic if they can work it around AJ's schedule, so when they have AJ in Japan they have ADR and vice versa.

Even though he won't be signed to be full time with either ROH or LUG, it's still cool, nonetheless.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Pretty pumped for this, totally didn't expect ROH to be the promotion to sign him whatever the deal may be.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Pretty pumped for this, totally didn't expect ROH to be the promotion to sign him whatever the deal may be.

Stopspot

Reaction score
e7d64c02a08fc619946429537c1e7a8e.jpg

ROH just keeps pumping out excellent graphics.