Alberto Del Rio: Expectations

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
What are your expectations of Alberto Del Rio? I don't know much about him, only that he and his father have both wrestled for CMLL. I haven't seen any footage of him in action.

I can hardly understand the guy, but I'm hoping he brings some talent to the WWE and produces some memorable feuds. I can't say I'm excited for his character because it looks like a typical "vanilla" heel with no real depth, but who knows? Maybe he'll develop a real character quickly.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I know his vignettes are boring as fuck

Reaction score
Yeah his vignettes do tend to put me to sleep as well. I hope for him to be better than Eric Escobar, which isn't setting the bar very high.

straight_edge76

Reaction score
All I know is that his vignettes take up wayy to much time.

I am however somewhat interested in his debut, he seems to be a mexican wrestler, that isn't your typical mexican wrestler (luchador) but other than that I have no idea what to expect.

He also should be a heel, I cannot see any way that he could be face.

Airfixx

Reaction score
^^^How can he NOT be a heel? ...He's been telling us for weeks that he's superior to you or I in every bleedin' way.

I'm not expecting this guy to light up our screens in explosiove fashion.... Just another stab at cultural/racial diversity by WWE to put more emphasis on the portrayal of a WORLD Wrestling Entertainment company.

...But yeah; got Escobar's spot much? :roll:

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
I could actually see him as a face since he's always talking about honor and respect in his vignettes

Reaction score
I can tell right off the bat that Del Rio is already going to be better than Escobar. Just giving him vingettes already gives us a feel for his character. The problem with Escobar is that he could never get over. The fans probably already hate Del Rio. I expect him to be a decent upper midcarder.

Reaction score
Should be interesting to see how he fits amongst the other heels; Kane, McIntyre, Swagger, Punk and Ziggler. Plenty of good heels on Smackdown but not enough good top faces.

CMS

Reaction score
Love him already. His vignetess indeed tend to go a little long but I already have a sweet spot in my cockles for Del Rio

nation

Reaction score
Shouldn't he be "Brazilian"?

Reaction score
Caras/Del Rio is a very good worker. At the house show last Sunday here he worked a very nice match with Chavo Guerrero. Despite adapting to the WWE style and obviously working more toned down as a heel, he's actually settled right in and still works a way that is different enough to take notice. Plus his mannerisms when he wrestles are great, getting him heaps of heat. The guy is good enough to run with the ball if given it, so now it's just up to WWE to give him the chance.

Montana

Reaction score
Caras/Del Rio is a very good worker. At the house show last Sunday here he worked a very nice match with Chavo Guerrero. Despite adapting to the WWE style and obviously working more toned down as a heel, he's actually settled right in and still works a way that is different enough to take notice. Plus his mannerisms when he wrestles are great, getting him heaps of heat. The guy is good enough to run with the ball if given it, so now it's just up to WWE to give him the chance.

Good thread, and yeah i heard he's pretty good in the ring.

As far as expectations, i can't recall the last time the WWE has built someone up the way they've done with him. So he's got high expectations, but idk how well his character will transfer over. SD already has a good amount of heels, so i think it could take a while for him to fit in.

CMS

Reaction score
I think R-Truth was the last one to get such a build up, and it has turned up just fine for him. Smackdown does seem to have too many heels though

Lady Redfield

Itchy tasty
Reaction score
I can't stand his fucking promos, they are so goddamn boring and gay. Never seen him wrestle so I hope he isn't as lame in the ring as he is in his horrible promos.

Reaction score
I just noticed this on the 8-6 Smackdown but the guy is sooooooooo reading from cue cards. Maybe I didn't noticed this before because I didn't totally pay attention to his promos but its incredibly obvious now. Ha!