• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I'll be watching WCE/Coll... I'm keen on putting $20 on WCE but it might be a bit risky so I won't... I'll slap myself stupid if WCE wins especially given they're @ 4.50 to win.

Essendon to go over Carlton only to get flogged by Pies.

This is how I see the finals;

Collingwood v Essendon
Hawks v Swans

Coll v Geelong
WCE v Hawks/Swans

Geelong v WCE Grand Final

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
West Coast put up a good fight yesterday against Collingwood but fell short by 20 points after Cox was subbed off with a back spasm in the 3rd, West Coast didn't have Kerr either. Collingwood played shocking and got extremely lucky to move on. Unfortunately I don't see Collingwood in the Grand Final.

Sydney pulled off a great victory over St. Kilda and will be taking on Hawthorn while West Coast takes on winner of Essendon/Carlton today.

In other news, Scully is looking to sign with GWS today. Watching AFL Game Day and they've spotted Tom Scully at Tullamarine heading to Sydney.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
West Coast put in a good performance against Collingwood and I think that it is a promising start for them this finals series.

Sydney were great against St Kilda and I would have them as favourites against Hawthorn next week if Franklin doesn't play. I can't believe that Goodes is already playing his 300th game next week! He has flown to that milestone and he is in incredible form. How I wish that Goodes played for North Melbourne.

Carlton thrashed Essendon by over ten goals. It was close for a quarter and then Carlton put their foot down and it wasn't close after that. Carlton vs. West Coast next week should be a good game.

ants

Reaction score
Tickets open tomorrow to the general public, so me and a few other boys are going to try and snag a couple of seats for Friday night against the Hawks. Goodesy's 300th game, its coming along so quickly because he has rarely missed a game, even playing through injuries sometimes. I think its a credit to him and the medical staff at the Swans that has helped get his body so right week after week.

Saturday night was amazing, a great atmosphere and an even better result, we dominated from the outset, and despite Ray Chamberlains best intentions, he didnt affect the outcome of the match. If he seriously gets a finals match next weekend I will be amazed, you canot have an umpire like him who makes the game about himself umpiring in finals, he will cost a side one day.

Hawks v Swans- obviously im going for the swans which will lead to a match up against Collingwood who we havent beaten in years (my family barracks for Collingwood, i know all about it). No Buddy, no Roughy, who will kick the hawks goals? Nicky Smith has beaten Milne twice, Steve Johnson, and Banfield in the last four weeks and looks the likely match up for a seemingly underdone Cyril Rioli. Hopefully Mummy doesnt get cited by the Match Review panel for his attempt at a spoil.

Eagles v Blues- surely at Subi, the eagles would be good enough, only one team has won over there all year, and if you need a hint, they wear red and white. Eagles beat Blues in Melbourne so the history is with them, and no Kreuzer, and potentially no Gibbs should account for potentially no Cox. Will be a good game though

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Ray Chamberlain is the worst umpire in the AFL. I was shocked that he was given a finals match and if he is umpiring this week then the AFL are a joke. As you said he will cost a team a finals match and he needs to stay away from the AFL next year.

Hawks vs. Swans - I really think that Swans will win. Hawthorn will have Hale as the FF and Rioli will be running around there but besides that I can't think of who their main targets will be. Nick Smith is a great defender and I wish that North are able to find a quality defender like that in the upcoming draft. Really look forward to his battle against Rioli this weekend.

West Coast vs. Carlton - Definitely going with the Eagles here. At home they should be too strong for Carlton.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Ross Lyon rumored to head to Melbourne to coach them.

Wow... He's a shit coach, surely Melbourne could find someone better.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
[video=youtube;oFGGD_d9GnQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFGGD_d9GnQ&feature=aso[/video]

Check this video out, amazing.

Aniking

Reaction score
3 Grand Finals in the past 2 seasons is shit? Wow...

I really don't think Hawthorn will lose this one. As much as Sydney have played fantastic since they beat Geelong, Hawthorn have shown before that they can get the job done comfortably without Franklin and Roughead. Last time they didn't have either they still scored 23 goals, and this was against Essendon. Although Essendon got smashed this week, 23 goals against them is a much better than doing it against any of the bottom 8. Not saying that because they're my team, but anybody with sense would see that too.

Surely West Coast will beat Carlton over there. Eagles beat them by 36 at Etihad last time they met, so you'd think this would be a comfortable one for them.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
I just hate St. Kilda haha.

Well GWS looking to sign Joel MacDonald...

Geelong are bitching because Melbourne are getting 2 round 1 picks and Geelong only got one for Ablett leaving.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Hawthorn proved too good for Sydney and will now face Collingwood this week. Franklin played and kicked four goals! I was very surprised that Franklin played and in the end he was the difference.

West Coast vs. Carlton was a close game and it was one of the worst umpired games this season. Razor Ray again umpired and was terrible, surely he can't get a final next week.

Ross Lyon has gone to Fremantle as head coach. I don't understand the hate for Lyon over how this move was done. St Kilda have been in contract negotiations with him since April but didn't offer him a four year deal until the middle of last week. Lyon got a much better offer from Fremantle so he took it. Fremantle were the bad guys for dumping Mark Harvey like that. Five clubs have dumped their coach this year which must be close to a record.

Collingwood vs. Hawthorn is on Friday and Geelong vs. West Coast is on Saturday.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Backing West Coast here (I'm from Geelong and if you don't support them, you don't back Geelong).

Hawks over Collingwood hopefully here.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like the story of West Coast going from wooden spooners last year to premiers this year. I don't think that it would happen but that is what I want to see happen.

I expect to see a Collingwood vs. Geelong final.

By the way Brendan McCartney has been announced as Western Bulldogs new head coach.

Adelaide and St Kilda are the only teams now without a head coach. I expect Scott Burns to coach Adelaide. As for the Saints I have no idea what way they will go.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Sanderson coaching Adelaide, only St. Kilda left without a coach. Eade or Malthouse might head there I reckon.

Lots of footy talk this week, I'll post Thursday

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well it is a Collingwood vs. Geelong Grand Final. They were the best two teams this year so it worked out well in that respect.

In regards to the Hawthorn vs. Collingwood game I can't believe that Hawthorn lost. They were up by 17 points at three quarter time and in a low scoring game that should have been more than enough. Umpiring was great the first three quarters but the last quarter was siding towards Collingwood a bit too much, they got all the 50/50 decisions. Shame for Hawthorn as they were the better side for almost all of last night.

Today it was more clinical. Geelong were never in trouble and the only issue for them was Steve Johnson was injured in the third quarter and is doubtful for the Grand Final.

Really looking forward to next week as always. The Grand Final is always fantastic to watch and we get to see the two best teams this year fight it out. Next week I hope that Geelong beat Collingwood because Collingwood are incredibly lucky to be there. Geelong won in 07 and 09 and now they have a great chance to win again two years later.

ants

Reaction score
It's going to be a long week in Geelong I'll tell you that much. If I had a choice in the matter, the Addy would not be getting delivered to my house every morning. What makes matters worse is if they do win we won't stop hearing about it til the start of next season. COME ON PIES