AEW Dynamite April 3rd, 2024: A Battle of Wills

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
This was my issue too. Of course Billy was gonna get his heat back. This is basic booking as was said, and the DQ makes sense too, but it went too long and it looked like Billy was killing Jay lmao
the killing part doesn't bother me because Billy doesn't actually suck and is built like a brick shit house. was just a very sports entertainy match and I think Jay as usual is just a great actor (I also dont think he's a cool or tough heel).

I have zero issue with people disliking it though, that's kosher. I just don't like the idea of ppl calling him buried or wasted when he got beat up in chapter 3 and there's still 2 chapters to go.

I am also happy to have the "I wish he was doing something else" convo, but that's not what a lot of the noise is and as I said above earlier today, it's like people are just ignoring the story just because their fave lost and isn't booked like a murder machine. which he never was in NJPW either, he lost all the fucking time.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
I have no doubt they might reach out now, but I don’t think they say that if not for the interview. Between those lines, Adam and Dax, it was very much a pro-AEW night following that interview. Again, none of that bothers me. Always speak up for your company.

As for following through, I hope they do. Elite would get monster heat with him there.

Although, it would kill his scapegoat moniker lol
I'll sig bet you he shows up Dynasty, for fun, if you want

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
the killing part doesn't bother me because Billy doesn't actually suck and is built like a brick shit house. was just a very sports entertainy match and I think Jay as usual is just a great actor (I also dont think he's a cool or tough heel).

I have zero issue with people disliking it though, that's kosher. I just don't like the idea of ppl calling him buried or wasted when he got beat up in chapter 3 and there's still 2 chapters to go.

I am also happy to have the "I wish he was doing something else" convo, but that's not what a lot of the noise is and as I said above earlier today, it's like people are just ignoring the story just because their fave lost and isn't booked like a murder machine. which he never was in NJPW either, he lost all the fucking time.
You know me, I’m doing my best to hang in there and see the vision through, but I do feel like Job being tested. I wanna see something great with him.

I will say I do like the vignettes he had been making lately, but it seems like that was visa issues.

I don’t feel Jay is buried, though. I assume he’s gonna win the trios titles. I don’t think Jay is gonna have a bad career in AEW. My fear is more that I don’t think Tony sees him at the level I would want for him. I think he’s settling into a solid midcard heel role.

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
You know me, I’m doing my best to hang in there and see the vision through, but I do feel like Job being tested. I wanna see something great with him.

I will say I do like the vignettes he had been making lately, but it seems like that was visa issues.

I don’t feel Jay is buried, though. I assume he’s gonna win the trios titles. I don’t think Jay is gonna have a bad career in AEW. My fear is more that I don’t think Tony sees him at the level I would want for him. I think he’s settling into a solid midcard heel role.
Completely fair take, n I think w the influx of talent it certainly hasn't gotten easier to be in the main.

That being said I do see guys like mox n Danielson slowing down n that'll open things up. But ya, it might be a while. The ospreay n swerve popularity are the big road blocks atm. That said I think it's easy to heat up switch anytime they want n he will deliver

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Completely fair take, n I think w the influx of talent it certainly hasn't gotten easier to be in the main.

That being said I do see guys like mox n Danielson slowing down n that'll open things up. But ya, it might be a while. The ospreay n swerve popularity are the big road blocks atm. That said I think it's easy to heat up switch anytime they want n he will deliver
And I absolutely love that swerve is finally getting the shot that he deserves but the great thing about that is they just turned him babyface and he’s probably going to be one of the three top babies moving forward. And Ospreay presumably is gonna stay a baby and I assume MJF will also return as a baby. I actually think switch’s biggest roadblock right now to becoming the top heel is probably Samoa Joe so hopefully once Joe drops the title and I know I’m probably alone in this, he’ll slow down and step away, and then Jay can be heated up and slide right in there. Jay, Takeshita, Okada top heels of the future.

Reactions: Vegeta

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
And I absolutely love that swerve is finally getting the shot that he deserves but the great thing about that is they just turned him babyface and he’s probably going to be one of the three top babies moving forward. And Ospreay presumably is gonna stay a baby and I assume MJF will also return as a baby. I actually think switch’s biggest roadblock right now to becoming the top heel is probably Samoa Joe so hopefully once Joe drops the title and I know I’m probably alone in this, he’ll slow down and step away, and then Jay can be heated up and slide right in there. Jay, Takeshita, Okada top heels of the future.
i do like that top 3 of heels - can even add hanger as the 4th

Ospreay, Swerve, MJF can be your three young top guys - and all of them can switch alignment whenever

Reactions: Kross Rhodes

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Well this Week to Weekend I'm going to be watching loads of Wrestling let's start this right with Dynamite. Copeland to start off Dynamite wait a minute!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
I mean I'm loving Copeland's Promo to start off Dynamite but it doesn't stop the fact the Company needs to get in shape Management wise with TK. Copeland is trying to in some ways hide the problems and sweep them under the Rug but I get what he was saying though. Ospreay time baby!

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
How did Hobbs not get Concussed towards the end thee wow. Still Hobbs looked very good vs Ospreay in this one.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Archer thinks he's in New Japan that is not a Young Lion Lance you can't do that to Staff and Security.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Man Bryan and Ospreay were both in Dog Fights tonight good stuff once again with Bryan and Archer.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Lionheart Chris Jericho in 2024 is not over just make Y2J turn Heel already why are doing this at a Sloth like pace?

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Rocky and Hagler are legit on a Top 10 List for me for Boxers you clowns aren't even a percent on their levels stop the cap please.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Billy Gun dominates Jay White just to have a bs DQ Finish. Jay White deserves better with this nonsense.