ACW Disscussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Andy

Reaction score
Let me just put this in simple terms.

If a new member wants to join the fed and he views roleplayers writing about rape, sacrilege, torture, using racial slurs, or extremely foul language, do you think he'll want to join, especially if he takes offense to any of those subjects?

By putting a cap on the content and language, the fed can become much more expansive.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
That's what I was eventually going to get at. I got a little hot headed, I apologize. PY, you have to see it from that stand point at least. I'm not really singling you out per say, but you are right here. :p

I'd like to see this place grow, and eventually see more roleplayer's coming in. What if one of them have taken offence to what you may have said in an RP?

Also damn! We have had quite the audience reading this shit. Look below the quickly reply thing, and look at all the people who aren't in the fed that have read this stuff. :Eddie:

PY.

Reaction score
Thing is, in six years I haven't ran into a problem with the general curse words or smurf.

I really don't overuse em anyway, and I could stop using them in all.. But I choose not to.

Another thing, there's plenty of extremely Christian people out there.. What happens if a character is straight demonic and insults other religions because that's there character?

All in all, I don't think there should be limitations on what to RP unless it shits like legit racial slurs (er, the spanish one, etc).

I don't know, maybe it's because I just don't take shit to heart. I just don't find roleplays offensive at all, but thats just me.

PY.

Reaction score
Example real quick.. For the Christian thing I was talking about:

Dude's character a straight devil worshipper. His entire promo is him talking to a large crucifix, and then burns it.. Would that be to far, even if it's the character?

To me, it just adds emotion and a wow factor.. Like, damn.. This dude really just went there?

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Thing is, in six years I haven't ran into a problem with the general curse words or smurf.

I really don't overuse em anyway, and I could stop using them in all.. But I choose not to.

Another thing, there's plenty of extremely Christian people out there.. What happens if a character is straight demonic and insults other religions because that's there character?

All in all, I don't think there should be limitations on what to RP unless it shits like legit racial slurs (er, the spanish one, etc).

I don't know, maybe it's because I just don't take shit to heart. I just don't find roleplays offensive at all, but thats just me.

Yes, I'm about to reference PWA here.

I had a completely Christian character, he was my main at the time. It was some of my best shit in a long time, and there was another character doing something similar to what you suggested, the feud didn't last long, as I believe there may have been complaints.

Religion is never a smart thing to insult in an e-fed, the fed with die so fast from all the arguing. I'm not saying this because I've seen it happen, I'm just saying, based on most wars being waged over some Religious shit. I'm also Catholic, and I don't mind that kind of stuff, as long as it's not way over the top. If you had George Carlin quotes in it, I'd love you. :)

Andy

Reaction score
With the suggested caps, such over-the-top characters wouldn't even exist within the context of the fed.

PY.

Reaction score
Off topic, but why can't I edit posts? It says it's editing then posts another damn post?

I see what you mean though. I really don't mind if cursing and slang was ruled to kept on the low not overly excessive. Not hard to adapt really, I was just overeating before.

Thing is though, there's times curse words kinda need to be used.. Like 'FUCK YOU!' is more affective then 'SCREW YOU!' Bitch is more affective then butthead, etc.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
With the suggested caps, such over-the-top characters wouldn't even exist within the context of the fed.

I almost see that as a challenge. A challenge I think I could take just to prove it could work :p

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
Depends on the context of how it's being written I guess. If it flows well, it's not a huge deal, but if it looks random. Than YYYYYYY?! :p

PY.

Reaction score
This little debate just gave me an idea.. Posting a suggestion in a new thread.

Bye!~

The_King

Reaction score
Regarding the staff ignoring suggestions, we're currently looking to reboot the rules again (the last one's are still far too vague), and we're discussing issues such as content filters, rating systems, etc (all things that I've worked with in prior e-feds as RRS said). Personally, I'm for extreme language/situations to a point. If it's over the top or in poor taste (which imo, PY's was no where near that), then I'd be for intervening. With that being said, I'll make sure that the staff discusses what content is TOO far and what is acceptable. We value any suggestions. I can't say that all suggestions will be followed, but if you bring it to me, I can at least say that I'll toss it out there, could get shot down or could get accepted. So, if you have a suggestion, feel free to send me a message or post here with it, so that I can bring it up.

With that being said haha, can we please stop the ridiculous back and forth arguments? They accomplish nothing and just cast an unnecessary bad light on the efed.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Wow just wow.

First off, I the rules are being undergone once again. I suggested this because well the rules just don't seem like rules to me it seems like a very polite letter suggesting what not to do. The new rules will be a list of things allowed not allowed and the like it'll be a numbered list easy to read and understand so that issues aren't a problem. There are also always exceptions to rules and if you don't agree with one of these new rules when posted PM a member of staff.

To Rated R and Andy, I'll agree that in the past some of your ideas have been shot down, perhaps even just because they came from you or the way the were presented. I recommend PMing me your future ideas as I have no history with either of you, it just makes it simpler. Another alternative is to carbon copy all of staff when PMing an Idea. I actually believe some of your ideas have recently been implemented, there are larger caps on this ppv which I believe was originally Andy's idea?

In regards of Slim. Slim is no longer in creative. A choice he made so there is no longer a reason to say "well Slim wouldn't" that was Slim. The King and Myself are different so we may like something that Slim may have shot down, we also may not.

PY. if you rape someone in RP, John McHenry may call the cops. Just saying it's stupid in the storyline of the fed if my guy heard that your guy was raping or had recently raped someone he'd turn you in. So please make sure it makes sense. If he's raped someone in the past and done time thats completely different.