A.W. RELEASED!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Don't care for the guy, but just sayin:

625690_395075417212529_2139512301_n.jpg

[/thread]

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Abe just posted that on twitter himself, lol. I get him being pissed he def should but thought he'd be done ranting on twitter about it by now.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Abe just posted that on twitter himself, lol. I get him being pissed he def should but thought he'd be done ranting on twitter about it by now.

There's burning bridges...and then there's AW ranting on Twitter lol. Ain't no way he'll get a job with WWE again.

Tapout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
evanbourne
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
There's burning bridges...and then there's AW ranting on Twitter lol. Ain't no way he'll get a job with WWE again.

They would never use him right anyways. I think another company would appreciate him a lot more.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
They would never use him right anyways. I think another company would appreciate him a lot more.

I'm sure you're implying TNA, but as much as they've misused talent over the past few years, I don't think we can trust them yet despite how good they've been lately. There will always be guys that people say WWE and TNA misuse just for the simple fact that there's only so much TV time and not everyone can get some.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Guess he's just like fuck it at this point. People have spoke bad about WWE and been brought back so it's not impossible but I don't see it happening at this rate nor do I think he wants to anyways if this is how it's gonna be.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
I never cared for AW but I feel for the guy. Its pretty hypocritical to let it slide for a week then just release him. They let him use the mic two more times and even made a clean remark last Monday night. Then you just release him, thats really disappointing. I hope he becomes a stand up comedian and gets some buzz because he has potential or he could go to TNA and form something with Park, Park, and Park.

The positive news is that Black Cena and Titus garbage O'Neill will hopefully go away.

Reaction score
Lol @ that outrage that someone got fired for making a rape joke on TV. It's funny that this is even a debatable point. Sometimes you can get away with it. But someone somewhere is bound to get pissed off. When you're working for a company where the boss' wife is running for office, where they want to get TV deals, market to kids, get marketing deals, plus have shareholders to appease, guess what? Making racist comments or rape jokes might mean someone gets fired.

I think that should be pretty damn obvious to anyone working there. Anyone that doesn't get it is too stupid to stay employed. I think most are smart enough to know the risks and shouldn't cry when they get burned.

Boo fucking hoo. Got fired for rape joke. Mean company won't let me mock china man!

So unfair. Lol.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Lol @ that outrage that someone got fired for making a rape joke on TV. It's funny that this is even a debatable point. Sometimes you can get away with it. But someone somewhere is bound to get pissed off. When you're working for a company where the boss' wife is running for office, where they want to get TV deals, market to kids, get marketing deals, plus have shareholders to appease, guess what? Making racist comments or rape jokes might mean someone gets fired.

I think that should be pretty damn obvious to anyone working there. Anyone that doesn't get it is too stupid to stay employed. I think most are smart enough to know the risks and shouldn't cry when they get burned.

Boo fucking hoo. Got fired for rape joke. Mean company won't let me mock china man!

So unfair. Lol.

Well you know, when the boss himself makes a joke about a man who is loved by the fans' Bell's Palsy as a face, a heel who's mic'd up and supposed to generate heat during a match (because the Piss Time Playaz sure as hell couldn't do that for themselves) would think he'd have some leeway. I would at least.

EDIT: Not as funny as the Vince one, but this is floating around Twitter as well:

Az_kLM4CMAIxuS-.jpg

Last edited:

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Shouldn't be fired what he did was in bad taste but fireable? nah Also why the wait to fire him? I'd say he was probably reprimanded and then his attitude lead to him being fired.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
roh is a great fit for him they obivously love managers heck some wrestlers even have multiple managers bennett(2)ciampa(4)

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Bit weak to release him for that one comment, you are always going to get things like that with live television. Surprised that he is burning the bridge back to WWE though with his rants after the release. Can't hurt to leave the door open to a future return. Bit disappointing that one of the few managers has been released but hopefully WWE actually replace him with another manager because Primetime Players need that mouthpiece.

Reaction score
Well you know, when the boss himself makes a joke about a man who is loved by the fans' Bell's Palsy as a face, a heel who's mic'd up and supposed to generate heat during a match (because the Piss Time Playaz sure as hell couldn't do that for themselves) would think he'd have some leeway. I would at least.

"But the boss gets to do it," is never an excuse. The boss can get away with things because he signs the checks. If the boss decides nobody else gets to do it for any reason, that's how it is.

Beyond all that though, I really think if someone was really that talented, they'd find themselves working for the WWE again. I suspect of AW was really that good, or showed the WWE something that made them think he has real promise, he'd have been suspended. Or worse case scenario, given a release with the understanding that they can come back to work a few months later when the heat is gone and forgotten. The WWE is pretty big on giving people second, third and fourth chances provided they think they can get something out of a talent.

AW's response to the release suggests there's more going on that made them decide he's not someone they can work with. He's not so talented that he needs to start invoking the names of the Rock or Stone Cold.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The "But the boss gets to do it" excuse is valid here though as the purpose of trying to tone stuff down is to attempt to protect the companies image for Linda's campaign so Vince doing that isn't gonna help and will make the public look at him as a hypocrite esp since there was no purpose for him to do it. It applies to the boss more than anybody really in this particular case since he is who they will look at first to see how the company is represented.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
The "But the boss gets to do it" excuse is valid here though as the purpose of trying to tone stuff down is to attempt to protect the companies image for Linda's campaign so Vince doing that isn't gonna help and will make the public look at him as a hypocrite esp since there was no purpose for him to do it. It applies to the boss more than anybody really in this particular case since he is who they will look at first to see how the company is represented.

Especially when the boss is also the candidate's husband as well.