A.W. RELEASED!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Well I have not heard the comment so I can't really say if they are right to sack him. Still unless it was horrible I think he should have been given another chance.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Well I have not heard the comment so I can't really say if they are right to sack him. Still unless it was horrible I think he should have been given another chance.

"Titus O'Neil is like Kobe Bryant at a hotel in Colorado. He's unstoppable!" That was it right there, I thought it was pretty funny. I think Prime's got the right idea with AW's attitude being a problem. He was probably told to tone it down or whatever and got an attitude with management causing the release.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Wonder if his little shot he took at Rosa not being there on Smackdown on twitter a few days ago factored in just a little bit.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
WWE's reason for firing him:

"Unfortunately, Brian Jossie, playing the character of A.W. was terminated because he continued to exhibit poor judgment by making offensive and inappropriate comments on live television and on social media."

That's what a rep told TMZ

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
So I was right that comment about Rosa was apart of it.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Was talking about where's rosa #MIA which I guess they took as him taking a insensitive shot at her not being around due to that shit with her boyfriend.

Reaction score
The "But the boss gets to do it" excuse is valid here though as the purpose of trying to tone stuff down is to attempt to protect the companies image for Linda's campaign so Vince doing that isn't gonna help and will make the public look at him as a hypocrite esp since there was no purpose for him to do it. It applies to the boss more than anybody really in this particular case since he is who they will look at first to see how the company is represented.

"The boss gets to do it" is never ever an excuse. Double standards surely exist. But people better get this shit straight if they ever expect to keep a job. The guy that signs the checks operates by a completely different set of rules than those who work under him. This isn't even Big Johnny getting to do stuff that A.W. doesn't. It's the guy that owns and runs the company.

Regardless of whether the boss has a wife running for office, business deals he's protecting, whatever the case may be, it's his business to run as he sees fit. If he says screw it one night to PG and curses on the air, it's his company to risk the potential fall out. If the boss decides that he's not going to stand for any of his employees following suit, that's his right as the guy that owns and runs the company.

It's like a ten year old that thinks he gets to do what he sees his mom and dad doing. He doesn't. Neither does AW. Until he's the one that owns and runs the promotion, he operates by any rules the boss sees fit, fair or not. His throwing a tantrum about it, and frankly a Kobe joke in 2012 is pretty dated and unfunny, indicates he needs to grow the fuck up.

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I love the hell out of AW and my first reaction was that termination is a little extreme and WWE's reasoning is a little weak. But looking at his Twitter comments from around the same time and his behaviour afterwards, this was probably going to happen sooner or later. AW is the kind of guy that can only really work when you take him out of the box and let him go all out. He's good, but he doesn't even seem to want to alter his act and tone it down even for a PG show.

I'll be one of the first to defend comedy usually, but AW should've been prepared for the consequences he must have known were coming for inserting a rape joke onto a PG show. The comedy defense is not a get out of jail free card to say whatever you want and get away with it. Even the best joke in the world will flop if told to the wrong audience.

That said, I'd love to hear WWE come out and define what their talent can/cannot say/do.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I get what you're saying and usually that would make a lot of sense but it doesn't in this case where if the mindset we need to keep it clean for Linda the husband of the woman in politics has the biggest impact out of anyone on her campaign. If that is their mindset why would it be smart for the boss and husband of the woman in politics to totally be a hypocrite? So people can not only say he did this is totally bad taste that doesn't make the company look good but he's also being a hypocrite which is like blood to a shark in politics to be able to point out blatant hypocrisy.

Yes it's his company and he can do whatever he want but it all starts with him on the companies image. Everybody in the company can follow the guidelines but if the guy who is making the guidelines doesn't follow them it fucks it all up and makes it pointless and defeats the whole purpose which I think is the point you're missing here. This isn't a little kid complaining he can't do what his parent is doing this is like a guest speaker on telling kids don't do drugs and how bad they are and is smoking crack right in front of them.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Let me just say this ... Wwe can call up Byron Saxton and let him manage the PTP since he and AW were part of he same stables and have the same personalities as managers. You can just let him say he bought the company

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
I'd be totally down for that

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
A.W actually said that is who should replace him on twitter yesterday so that would actually make a lot of sense esp if that was the explanation.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I didn't even like them with AW, I just liked some of the things he would say, but it was still Titus stumbling around in the ring, not knowing what he was doing half the time. They didn't deserve the push in the first place. I know WWE doesn't exactly have depth in the division right now, but they are definitely at the bottom of it talent-wise. Hawkins/Reks & Kidd/Gabriel would do much better actually getting TV time, or even the Usos even though I'm not a fan of them.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Lulz, lot of fake outrage for a guy nobody cared about.

He was low on the totem pole and expendable. WWE needs more guys like this, a guy you can "punish" and make it look like you are being pro-active in this anti bully shit or hire a guy to fire after failing a wellness test.