A Punk or Kofi Heel Turn?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

CT Styles

In the semifinals it appears that Kofi Kingston and CM Punk, the World Tag Team Champions have a chance of facing off in the final. Do you think this will happen and have one turn on the other for the title? I think we might see it happen just to freshen one of them up and have them feud, it would be a great feud and there would definitely be some entertaining matches come out of it. I'm all for it, do you think it will happen? and do you like the idea of it.

Thoughts/Opinions?

The Shua

Reaction score
I don't know. I think it's a little too obvious to have either of them turn heel during the match. Personally, I think it will happen at the PPV. Have Punk face Regal for the IC title. He'll come to the ring with Kofi. Regal will cheat to win, and Punk will turn on Kofi post-match because Kofi didn't save him.

seX-Power

I don't really see the necessity in doing this. If Punk was to turn heel then he would most likely still get cheers as Kofi isn't that over on his own. A Kofi heel turn would be pointless. It's an interesting idea, but not needed. These two need to stay as tag champions to lose the burden of being a throwaway team.

Evil Austin

I think that Kofi should win the tournament get the title and turn heel, because sure it would be great to see CM Punk as a heel for once but Kofi would need it to get him into the Main Event scene later on and CM Punk has already been in the Main Event and doesn't really need a heel turn as much as Kofi does imo/

So between them two, I would have to say Kofi needs the heel turn.

Soulpower

If someone turns heel, it will be Punk. Simply because I can't see Kofi as a heel. He might be one of those rare guys that ends up being a face all throughout his career.

CenaMark54

If someone turns heel, it will be Punk. Simply because I can't see Kofi as a heel. He might be one of those rare guys that ends up being a face all throughout his career.

Agreed. Punk has proven to be an effective heel in the past. I'm not sure Kofi has ever worked as a heel at any level. Everything about Kofi screams face. If you take away his current moveset, which is a face moveset, he is done for. Kofi would just be another guy. His high energy approach is what differentiates him from others.

MikeRaw

Kofi will not turn heel. If he ever does, it won't e now. They would wait until he is more poven.
Punk however has been a heel before, and can pull it off fromw hat I hear. But his gimmick would allow him to be heel, and a good one.
So I definately see it happening. It could either happen on Raw, or they could have the finals at the ppv. But either way, he'll turn IMO.

1chiban

Reaction score
It won't see a heel turn, just some teases and hopefully a very decent match.

noumenon

I don't see either of them turning heel just yet...or either of them getting the IC title for that matter. The way it's looking right now is that we'll see Rey/Regal in the finals. But anyway both Kofi and Punk need to stay face for now...at least while they have the tag titles. When they eventually hand the titles back over to priceless I think we could potentially see a Punk heel turn. To be honest though, neither of them need it right now, they're perfectly fresh just the way they are. CM Punk was pretty much robbed of his main event spot out of fuckin nowhere... I'm shocked we didn't see a lengthy Punk/Orton feud. IMO it would have been worlds more entertaining than Orton/Tits.

chessarmy

No. I think WWE will play it off like they usually do in these situations, World Tag Team Champions wrestling each other but their is a mutual respect between the two wrestlers. I wouldn't want to see Kofi as a heel anyway

This could be a great time to turn Punk heel though, but I doubt it will happen

NinoBrown

Reaction score
Kofi, heel? No way! Like Soulpower said he'll be one of the rare ones that stays face for his career. When I watched Punk in the indys, he was heel. On and off watching him, he's always been heel and been great at it. I'll actually start watching RAW on a regular if Punk goes heel against a big face.

Enigma22

Reaction score
ya i dont think kofi could play a heel at all cause hes all energy. maybe punk could turn heel cause he can just use the "im better then all of you" cause of his straight edge shit but i dont think its time for that quite yet. hes a big merchandise guy so i dont think hes gonna be heel for at least a while. i think regal is gonna be champ for a few months at least anyways. theres no good reason to get it off him. he said he wanted to retire as the ic champion and i think when he loses it he will retire. that could be at wrestlemania or maybe a little after...

JTG

Reaction score
It would be great to see CM Punk as a heel, but I don’t see him turning heel yet. I’ll start watching RAW again if Punk goes heel against Stone Cold Steve Austin by attacking him. This leads to Punk and Austin going at it at WrestleMania. Punk defeats Austin via Anaconda Vice, which steals the show in Austin’s hometown.

Airfixx

LOL.... If we're adding Punk to SCSA's list of WM opponents.... He'd best arrive early.... He'll be having a loooong, busy night!

Re: Punk/Kofi split....

Don't see anything else waiting for them post-split... Assuming Punk would be the one to turn Heel, such a turn isn't about to re-catapult him back into the ME scene; well... certainly not ahead of Orton & Y2J.

They'd be better off sticking close to the Orton/Priceless storyline and continuing to get the rub from that... At least they could POTENTIALLY get a bit of PPV time.

I say keep Punk face, at least until JBL's decsent down the card is all but complete.

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
Punk should have been heel since he walked into WWE. He is an amazing heel, which is something that the WWE needs right now.