50 years of WWE DVD

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
OK, checking this out and holy shit was the ending disheartening. They shifted straight from talking about the AE to cutting to bruno sammartino burying the AE and then the last 20 minutes is Steph Linda and Cena talking about how they go out of there way to be family friendly. Yea, we all know they do that but something about throwing it in my face for the last 20 minutes of a 50 year anniversary DVD just rubbed me the wrong way.

This company is no longer meant for us, the wrestling fans. I've known it for a while but this just confirms it tenfold. good guy WWE makes for a boring ass wrestling product

Reactions: Dat Kid1

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Watched it earlier this afternoon as well. And yeah, its a bit disheartening. "We're entertainment, entertainment with wrestling but mostly entertainment" was what I got from it.

Also your typical WWE docu, never touching on when the company wasn't on top except for the Monday night wars which couldn't be ignored. No mention of back in the 70's when they were ranked 3rd apparently.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I was expecting a 2nd half of the doc, instead of just matches. It would have been a great place to leave off if you added in the last decade instead of forgetting it ever happened.

After the first hour i was so happy to have seen the doc, after it ended i put the 2nd disc on and laughed, deciding I wouldn't pay for it after all.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
I also love how certain wrestlers have their total time WWE included while they were in WCW, as others did not.

the_hoff

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I've never been much of a fan of WWE dvds, unless they're about a superstar, like the CM Punk one, Triple H, etc. Is the DVD worth watching?

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
it literally came out of no where.
so much of it seemed random. they literally threw '50 years of WWE' together in the most bizarre bits and pieces. a truly shit doc after about the first 45 minutes

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I've never been much of a fan of WWE dvds, unless they're about a superstar, like the CM Punk one, Triple H, etc. Is the DVD worth watching?
first part is. once they get past Hogan you can forget it.

Kooldip

The Artiste
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
I liked the DVD but they did totally skip the past 10 years or so, it was strange considering how much depth they were showing prior. I really enjoyed the amount of detail they put in to the first bit showing how things were in the 70's, that was quite interesting and well done. 80's and 90's were fine, they touched on some things I wasn't expecting (92' trial and Owen) but they were welcome additions. They thankfully didn't go too long with the screwjob and explained more of what it did for the company opposed to the personal side of it.

Overall, I was pretty happy with it, they had an excellent cast of wrestlers and agents for the interview segments (candid Undertaker is the greatest thing ever) and I'd recommend it.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I liked the DVD but they did totally skip the past 10 years or so, it was strange considering how much depth they were showing prior. I really enjoyed the amount of detail they put in to the first bit showing how things were in the 70's, that was quite interesting and well done. 80's and 90's were fine, they touched on some things I wasn't expecting (92' trial and Owen) but they were welcome additions. They thankfully didn't go too long with the screwjob and explained more of what it did for the company opposed to the personal side of it.

Overall, I was pretty happy with it, they had an excellent cast of wrestlers and agents for the interview segments (candid Undertaker is the greatest thing ever) and I'd recommend it.
Yea the trial stuff was about the end of the good stuff. I was surprised at the inclusion of Owen but it wasn't anything i hadn't seen before so I wasn't too taken aback by it. the last half hour was utter dog shit

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
so much of it seemed random. they literally threw '50 years of WWE' together in the most bizarre bits and pieces. a truly shit doc after about the first 45 minutes
As far as that dvd is concerned, wrestlemania 3 happened and then all of a sudden the WCW wars started, then Hitman was the top seed but got screwed over, and after that HBK had a lot to live up to, In 2002 Cena and Orton both came up, and HHH has been COO since 2009. End of story.