5 Things you would like to see in WWE in 2008

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Ed_cena

Reaction score
1.-the return of rvd.
2.-the return of big show.
3.-the return of sandman and sabu in ecw.
4.-john cena winning the wwe title another time.
5.-cm punk winning the world title
6.-fire big daddy v and chuck palumbo
7.-signed christian cage,aj styles and lax.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
What I want to see as a one-time promo is Stone Cold and Sandman doing something together. Destroying some tag team, screaming at them, and then chugging beers. :D

MC Rae

Reaction score
Good thread by the way.

1. Make ECW more like... well ECW. Throw in extreme matches and have a bunch of high-flyers in there. Maybe put the cruiserweight title in ECW, make it a cool alternative to SmackDown! and RAW. If not, scrap the whole show.

2. Stables/factions. Give RAW a faction please. NWO, DX those factions made compulsive viewing back in the day, as did Evolution to referr to a more recent example. It's a great way to create and push wrestlers too. (A la Randy Orton and Batista) and make it a super-heel faction.

3. Turn John Cena heel when he returns. He makes a much, much better heel.

4. Work on the actual matches in WWE. Concentrate on making each brand damn good wrestling shows. Make longer, more entertaining matches.

5. Cut out the kids stuff and make the shows less slick than what they are. RAW is hardly RAW anymore, give it some damn attitude, none of this Hornswoggle bollocks anymore please, I'm sick of things like that making RAW a kiddie-type show.

It's been mentioned numerous times above, but BURCHILL without the pirate gimmick. Use him like the FWA did

I fully agree. Burchill is an excellent talent and was fantastic in FWA, it was embarrassing seeing him as a pirate when he finally got to WWE.

kingovkings

Reaction score
Good thread by the way.
Work on the actual matches in WWE. Concentrate on making each brand damn good wrestling shows. Make longer, more entertaining matches.
yup i agree id love them to go back to longer good wrestling matches, plus have more exteme matches on ECW using chairs tables ect

tnafan454

Reaction score
#1 have cena go back to his original heel status where he beat the hell out of ppl and not thoose fakes blows we always see

#2 Get rey away from the world title he should stay in the cruiserweight division where he is needed

#3 change how battle royals are done it's always faked injury come in at the end and win really annoying

#4 make ECW extreme atleast one extreme rules match each show would work this new one is junk to the original

#5 stop jobbing kane he deserves a push or to be realesed stop playing the monster gimmick and jobbing him every night

#6 An acual random draft not computer where it can be rigged (like the last draft) but pickng names out of a container by hand (where it doesn't look as rigged)

Airfixx

*Revitalise the IC belt by stripping it from Jeff Hardy for not defending it enough, then have a one-night tournament to crown a new champ... Really make them earn the gold!

*MVP as WHC (whilst not dropping the US belt unless it's to Matt H @ WM24) but not before the second part of the year... Summerslam maybe?

*Taker winning the WHC title from Edge after an epic ME at WM24 then "retiring" that night in some supernatural/ritualistic fashion (a la his loss to Yokazuna @ RR94). We really don't need to see his career in decline.

*Bring back the King Of The Ring PPV (with no less than a three match path to the title ON THE NIGHT). If WWE's future ME'ers situ is that bleak, this could really be the answer..... Hitman, Owen, SCSA, HHH, Edge, Angle, Brock.....

*Unify the tag belts and sort the tag scene out (whilst resisting the easy option of pairing up already-over singles wrestlers - i.e. like Jeff & HBK - to bolster the competition.). Some proper teams with chemistry and a decent amount of tandem offence P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!

*No DX reformation or other nostalgia tactics aimed at replicating the Attitude era.

*The return of Kurt Angle (although I doubt we'll ever get the awesome & highly comedic olympic hero character again).

*At the very LEAST 1hrs actual wrestling content on Raw each week.

I think the later part of 07 has been pretty sweet; there's some good fueds bubbling and some big names to slot in as and when they return from injury... I really hope WWE can keep this momentum building up until 'Mania... If they can and WM delivers the goods too we could be in for a damn good '08.

HAPPY NEW YEAR YA'LL! ;o]

Wrestling Station

1- Batista going to Raw and get into a strong faction with HHH as heels or semi-heels.
2- Cena going to SD!
3- Tag titles going to the Hardyz
4- Killings join forces with burke and shelton at ECW in order to let shelton be the next ECW champ.
5- Stephane McMahon to be the SD! GM.

hbkfan!

Reaction score
1. hbk win a title(any title)
2. John cena to fend with JBL
3 hbk gets traded to smackdown
4. y2j vs kennedy
5bigshow comes back

MrKennedyMark

Reaction score
1. Edge/Taker @ WM 24
2. Hardy (Jeff) Win WWE Title (even if only for one month)
3. MVP In The Upper Card/Main Event Scene
4. Hardy (Matt) Win The US Title.
5. Another 1 Hour Iron Man Match

Dylanfsd

Reaction score
1) RVD be re-signed
2) Jeff be the wwe champ
3) Taker get the WHC again
4) Bring back sabu, and sandman :(
5) Make ecw a real show and not a development show.

Switchy

Reaction score
First of all why does everyone think ECW will be better with extreme rules, I'd rather see a nice good match between Punk and Morrison then watching them hit eachother with chairs for half an hour. Anyway... My list...

1) MVP to feud with Batista, I personally think this would be an awesome feud and it would also give something for 'Tista to do while Edge is feuding with 'Taker.

2) Bring RVD back. Atm ECW is basically all heels except CM Punk and with RVD returning it would add a fresh face to the mix and he could have a nice feud with Morrison too imo.

3) London and Kendrick back to SD!. They are doing absolutely nothing useful on Raw and on SD! they are way more usefull and their talent can be showcased more and I could see them having some great matches against The Miz and Morrison and/or the Edge Heads.

4) Paul Burchill. I don't care where he goes whether it's Raw, SD! or ECW I just want him on TV as a monster heel. I think his new gimmick could be good and WWE are taking far too long to put him onto one of the main rosters but I'm sure it'll be worth the wait.

5) Fire, Snitsky, Boogeyman, Jim Duggan and Funaki. No reason needed.

Reaction score
The place so nice they named it twice...new york,
Being a ECW fan I had to make it all about "the red headed step child of WWE" - CM Punk words

1. ECW becomes two hours
If they become two hours there will be no need for a brand talent exchange but more of a brand draft for more stars to be added to the roster

2. New signees come to ECW
With rumors of New Age Outlaws, Dudleys, Ron Killings and Bob Sapp (who will be on their Japan tour) all wanting to wrestle for WWE this is the perfect place to reclaim some spotlight on the show

3. 2008 Draft be better than last years because...Kennedy needs to be drafted to ECW
With Kennedy there he would become the new monster heel there and dominate the show. On RAW, with JBL, Jericho, Lashley & Cena coming back, there is damn near no way he can win the WWE title

4. Use the developmental wrestlers
WWE has some great known independent faces. Imagine... Cabana vs. Punk? (Battle of ChiTown) Burchill vs. Dreamer? Kingston vs. Burke? Sydal vs. Benjamin... all great matches

5. Add 1 more title
Since Vince had a conflict of bringing back another title and it being too many then use a current one such as the Cruiserweight title. This makes it easier to show off that division again so then RAW be the flagship, SD! for the storylines and ECW for the crusierweight divison.

and I must add a 6... fire Duggan... induct him into the Hall of Fame but damn i rather see Hall's drunk ass wrestle than Duggan high-off-of-life matches

razzle

Reaction score
A strong crusierweight or hardcore division.

aznality

Reaction score
Maybe not gonna happen, but HBK having a decent title reign.

Adampro123

Reaction score
1.Shelton Benjamin Winning a world title.
2.WWE pushing there tag teams.especially tag teams like londrick and yang.moore.
3.CM Punk becoming a perminit main eventer.
4.Push younger guys over the older guys. (kennedy,MVP,Burke,Benjamin,Kingston,Matt hardy,Punk,carlito,morison,thorn.)
5.Fire some of the big guys that can't wrestle worth a shit and all the guys that have no credibility. (Henry,BDV,Kahli,snitsky.) (Val,funaki,Richards,nunzio,hacksaw,highlanders.)