3 matches to convert a non-fan?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
When my ex asked me why I was a wrestling fan (I would always watch it when I was alone or when she was busy so that I didn't impose it on her, and she got curious), I told her I would show her two of my favourite matches featuring stars I didn't know when I first watched them so that she would have a similar experience.
  • Austin Aries vs. Jack Evans vs. Low Ki vs. Zema Ion (Destination X 2011)
  • Steel Asylum (Hard Justice 2009)
She never got into it but she legitimately enjoyed the matches. Rumbles can be fun for most people who don't watch wrestling I think.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Scrolling through this thread and have yet to see any women's matches listed.

1. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley (NXT Takeover: Brooklyn)
This should be on anyone's list of best women's matches, but it might just be top 10, maybe even top 5 all time for me regardless of gender. Just so good from a storytelling perspective leading up to it and even during the match. The wrestling was excellent too. This should have been the main event of the PPV to be honest.

2. Lita vs. Trish Stratus (Raw - December 6, 2004)
If I recall, this might have been the first women's match to main event Raw. And for good reason. It wasn't overly long, but it was booked tremendously.

3. Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong
Speaking of tremendous booking, I know this isn't really one match in particular, but Kim and Kong's entire rivalry from 2007-08 was great. There were at least 3-4 matches that were all superb. I'd argue their series of matches was the catalyst in women's wrestling being taken more seriously.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Scrolling through this thread and have yet to see any women's matches listed.

1. Sasha Banks vs. Bayley (NXT Takeover: Brooklyn)
This should be on anyone's list of best women's matches, but it might just be top 10, maybe even top 5 all time for me regardless of gender. Just so good from a storytelling perspective leading up to it and even during the match. The wrestling was excellent too. This should have been the main event of the PPV to be honest.

2. Lita vs. Trish Stratus (Raw - December 6, 2004)
If I recall, this might have been the first women's match to main event Raw. And for good reason. It wasn't overly long, but it was booked tremendously.

3. Gail Kim vs. Awesome Kong
Speaking of tremendous booking, I know this isn't really one match in particular, but Kim and Kong's entire rivalry from 2007-08 was great. There were at least 3-4 matches that were all superb. I'd argue their series of matches was the catalyst in women's wrestling being taken more seriously.
I mentioned Sasha Bailey and Britt Rosa unsanctioned I thought :cozy

TOP GUY TIME

Goodbye!
Reaction score
1) Royal Rumble 2010

2) Bryan vs Orton vs Batista

3) TLC II

JohnMena

Reaction score
I'd show them John Cena v Shawn Michaels raw 2007, royal rumble 1994 and the wrestlemania 10 ladder match Shawn Michaels v Razor Ramon.