2017-2018 football season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
My friends... IT'S TIME!

The beautiful game is back. The big leagues are kicking off and we're set for 10 months of fun, agony, passion and joy.

Enjoy

Reactions: LoneStar305

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Been though every emotion watching that game:fact: we got the win but damn still same old arsenal when it comes to defence and leadership, despite some very good attacking play.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Been though every emotion watching that game:fact: we got the win but damn still same old arsenal when it comes to defence and leadership, despite some very good attacking play.
Seems like Liverpool copied your playbook

Stopspot

Reaction score
Nice to have 3 points on the tally for Tottenham. Newcastle came in hot out of the gate but it petered out further into the first half, and once Shelvey got a straight red for being Jonjo Shelvey the end result was inevitable.

Shout out to Kyle Walker-Peters who not only got his PL debut, but MOTM as well. Big day for the boy.

Seems like Kane's August curse is holding so far. Giving the other strikers a sporting chance.

Next up, Chelsea. Bring it on!

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Nice to have 3 points on the tally for Tottenham. Newcastle came in hot out of the gate but it petered out further into the first half, and once Shelvey got a straight red for being Jonjo Shelvey the end result was inevitable.

Shout out to Kyle Walker-Peters who not only got his PL debut, but MOTM as well. Big day for the boy.

Seems like Kane's August curse is holding so far. Giving the other strikers a sporting chance.

Next up, Chelsea. Bring it on!

Might even beat chelsea,they cannot win at Wembley as well.

Stopspot

Reaction score

Spurs breaks their transfer silence by breaking the bank for a new center back.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
Been a bit hit and miss for Celtic so far, good to see Paddy Roberts back for another season. The 1-1 draw with St Johnstone was a nail biter, and I can't help but feel like we were missing something. Hopefully Roberts will fill that void and we can get back to looking like the invincibles again. Tough group in the champions league too, will be a real struggle to even finish third

Stopspot

Reaction score
Thread revival.

Spurs beat Huddersfield 0-4 at the John Smith stadium today. Topping off a nice week with a third straight win in a week (West Ham 2-3, APOEL Nicosa 0-3 and now 0-4 vs Huddersfield).
Harry Kane tops off September by scoring 13 in all competitions. And Moussa Sissoko and Ben Davies also got on the score sheet. This was Sissoko's first goal for Spurs and it tops off a series of solid appearances for Sissoko. Who has pulled himself together following a bad first season to become a solid rotation/squad player.

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
We're still unbeaten, that's 58 now, funny how we hit 55 before Rangers....:emoji_stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Thread revival.

Spurs beat Huddersfield 0-4 at the John Smith stadium today. Topping off a nice week with a third straight win in a week (West Ham 2-3, APOEL Nicosa 0-3 and now 0-4 vs Huddersfield).
Harry Kane tops off September by scoring 13 in all competitions. And Moussa Sissoko and Ben Davies also got on the score sheet. This was Sissoko's first goal for Spurs and it tops off a series of solid appearances for Sissoko. Who has pulled himself together following a bad first season to become a solid rotation/squad player.
Good team goal finished off nicely by Davis. Man city still the team to beat despite how they got where they are, the actual quality of their game is a joy to watch. Clean sheet for my boys. Only saw the highlights so hard to pick out any real player to have a really good game. Pleased with how the new signings have settled in especially Kolasinac, we have needed someone with his power and strength and all round command. absolute beast. on a freebie as well.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Good team goal finished off nicely by Davis. Man city still the team to beat despite how they got where they are, the actual quality of their game is a joy to watch. Clean sheet for my boys. Only saw the highlights so hard to pick out any real player to have a really good game. Pleased with how the new signings have settled in especially Kolasinac, we have needed someone with his power and strength and all round command. absolute beast. on a freebie as well.
You guys have gone unbeaten since you unloaded the Ox. Ironically Liverpool have yet to play a convincing game since buying the Ox.

Pressure is getting to the bespectacled psychopath at Anfield.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Harry Winks has been promoted from the England youth team to the full on national team following Phil Jones and Fabian Delph withdrawing.

Hup young Harry! The Pochettino production line for the England team is getting downright silly.