2017-2018 football season thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
You guys have gone unbeaten since you unloaded the Ox. Ironically Liverpool have yet to play a convincing game since buying the Ox.

Pressure is getting to the bespectacled psychopath at Anfield.
Made me laugh someone on a arsenal forum said we should of added walcot as part of the deal for the extra 5 mil :bray:
Nothing against the ox but I really did not see any end product in him and was gobsmacked they went for him, think they got him partly because of the English quota thing. He was actually starting games for us.

Same old problems with liverpool defence and holding their nerve. Hopefully they can continue it for my sides sake in getting top 4.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Made me laugh someone on a arsenal forum said we should of added walcot as part of the deal for the extra 5 mil :bray:
Nothing against the ox but I really did not see any end product in him and was gobsmacked they went for him, think they got him partly because of the English quota thing. He was actually starting games for us.

Same old problems with liverpool defence and holding their nerve. Hopefully they can continue it for my sides sake in getting top 4.
Ox is the picture perfect highlight reel player. Does enough small things to look good. But watch him for 90 minutes and you clearly see a guy who has been taught fuck all about playing to his strengths

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Thank god the international break is over, let's do the proper stuff! Congrats to panama for reaching the world cup for the first time. USA not getting their is a surprise, no Chile as well.

Randy Borton

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Thank god the international break is over, let's do the proper stuff! Congrats to panama for reaching the world cup for the first time. USA not getting their is a surprise, no Chile as well.

Surprisingly Holland didn't make it as well, which is a shame, they're quite interesting to watch.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Surprisingly Holland didn't make it as well, which is a shame, they're quite interesting to watch.
Yeah forgot about them, I suppose they do not have the quality of players they have been blessed with before apart from Robben. I cannot really name their squad in all honesty, which says a lot about dutch footie at the moment

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah forgot about them, I suppose they do not have the quality of players they have been blessed with before apart from Robben. I cannot really name their squad in all honesty, which says a lot about dutch footie at the moment
Dutch football is chaos. Still produces quality young talent, but completely unable to do something with them these days. Most of them make too big moves too soon (Memphis, Janssen, Blind etc). Their FA is a circus as well with a revolving door of managers.

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Dutch football is chaos. Still produces quality young talent, but completely unable to do something with them these days. Most of them make too big moves too soon (Memphis, Janssen, Blind etc). Their FA is a circus as well with a revolving door of managers.
Yeah someone on talksport was saying the same thing about them moving too soon compared to previous dutch talent. Money talks I guess especially when you go premier league.
football is different now, every one wants to be in top league with a top club without really hone their craft. top clubs in theses leagues will not give you time to do this as you be dropped and their is too much riding on it.

I find the fact usa not qualifying a bigger story, how much of a back step it that for them when they really are trying to make football over there a bigger deal.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah someone on talksport was saying the same thing about them moving too soon compared to previous dutch talent. Money talks I guess especially when you go premier league.
football is different now, every one wants to be in top league with a top club without really hone their craft. top clubs in theses leagues will not give you time to do this as you be dropped and their is too much riding on it.

I find the fact usa not qualifying a bigger story, how much of a back step it that for them when they really are trying to make football over there a bigger deal.
Jadon Sancho was the start of young English players moving outside of the UK for game time IMO. Him leaving City for Dortmund so he gets first team football was the cork popping out of the bottle. Can definitely see more young English players swallowing their pride and looking outside of the UK to "make it".

Pop Tatari

Christian vieri
Reaction score
Jadon Sancho was the start of young English players moving outside of the UK for game time IMO. Him leaving City for Dortmund so he gets first team football was the cork popping out of the bottle. Can definitely see more young English players swallowing their pride and looking outside of the UK to "make it".
Yeah it will happen, some team I forget the name of recently closed their academy. This was a league one side i think. Mangers have such short shelf lives they cannot risk playing the kids especially the top ones as there is a over obsession of getting cl places as it is all about money now. CL is more important then winning trophies. It is a shame as it is risking the chances of the national side but whatever clubs, the league do not care as they have a very marketable product and don't want to hinder that.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Yeah it will happen, some team I forget the name of recently closed their academy. This was a league one side i think. Mangers have such short shelf lives they cannot risk playing the kids especially the top ones as there is a over obsession of getting cl places as it is all about money now. CL is more important then winning trophies. It is a shame as it is risking the chances of the national side but whatever clubs, the league do not care as they have a very marketable product and don't want to hinder that.
Huddersfield closed theirs.

Kinda understandable from a geographical perspective. Smack dab between Leeds, Wolves, the Manchester clubs and the Liverpool clubs not that far off either. All with quality academies. Huddersfield probably barely got any kids in.

Stopspot

Reaction score
@Stopspot Pep playing mind games with your team?
Well he tried. Poch buried him in the most gentlemanny way possible and now we have a bunch of gotten to City fans.

Delicious.

Not so delicious is the anti-semitism
DMC2cJSWAAAYLm-.jpg

Last edited:

Stopspot

Reaction score
Spurs are currently up 1-0 at the Bernabeou and I am a bundle of nerves.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Spurs are currently up 1-0 at the Bernabeou and I am a bundle of nerves.
This ended up going 1-1. So proud of my Spurs. We went to one of football's stronghold and took a point by playing maturely and smartly. If European football did not know of Tottenham before this they do now.