2016 NFL Regular Season Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
David Johnson possible torn meniscus
If I'm the coaching the Cardinals and I'm playing for nothing David Johnson doesn't even dress for this game.. I was so shocked to see him even carry the ball. Why would you not just let Andre Ellington and Kerwynn Williams work the load and see what you're going into the offseason with RB wise.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Lots of open HC jobs this year, and I'm sure there will be at least a couple more.

Arians - 49ers/Rams HC
Jim Schwartz - Bills HC
Tom Coughlin - Denver or Jacksonville HC
Mike McCoy - Jacksonville/LA Rams HC or back to Coordinator somewhere.
Chip Kelly - Holding a sign asking for spare change off of a random highway exit with his bum ass.

• Haha
Reactions: Snowman1

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Arians - 49ers/Rams HC
Jim Schwartz - Bills HC
Tom Coughlin - Denver or Jacksonville HC
Mike McCoy - Jacksonville/LA Rams HC or back to Coordinator somewhere.
Chip Kelly - Holding a sign asking for spare change off of a random highway exit with his bum ass.

It's looking like the Saints will release Payton from his contract and he'll head to the Rams.. I think Coughlin will be in Jax.. Vance Joseph will be a HC somewhere next year. I highly doubt Arians goes anywhere.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm also thinking, now that Miami has a solid HC.. if they lose Vance Joseph to a HC position elsewhere then they could possibly hire Schwartz to replace him as their new DC.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'm just hoping Lions OC Jim Bob Cooter gets a chance as a HC. For all the obvious reasons.

Looking real forward to what Connor Cook will do in the playoffs. Know he was the target for Dallas in the draft and they "settled" for Prescott. Can't wait to see what this'll look like in hindsight, in Wedgie we trust!

Snowman1

Reaction score
I'm also thinking, now that Miami has a solid HC.. if they lose Vance Joseph to a HC position elsewhere then they could possibly hire Schwartz to replace him as their new DC.

Kevin you had one hell of a season, man. I'm proud of you! Even got more rushing yards than USC legend Reggie Bush. Damn!

Reggie Bush: Game Logs at NFL.com

• Haha
Reactions: Just Kevin

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score

Schwartz is only leaving Philly if he gets a HC offer.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Devin Hester signed with Seattle, he will try and contribute through the playoffs.

Looks like a 90% or better chance that Vance Joseph will be hired as the new Broncos HC once the Dolphins' season ends.

Snowman1

Reaction score
...I've never seen a bunch of openings like this. In a year full of parity, it really feels like many of these coaching openings really... yeah. :urm:

-Clearly the best opening is in Denver. There's few enough holes on the roster that one single draft can do a lot of good, and there's already a quality coaching staff in place that if you can try to stay out of the way, you can still get remarkable results as an HC.
Paxton Lynch scares me, but with some OL upgrades and RB depth you can still field quite the offense with Siemian...

-I'm still putting Jacksonville second. A guy like Tom Coughlin is exactly what the doctor ordered down here, this team clearly has a poisonous culture and has spent much of the year doing way too many dumb things. I'd want some sort of personel control away from David Caldwell and being saddled with Blake Bortles is a big issue, but Brock Osweiler just won this division.

-San Diego three just for Philip Rivers and Joey Bosa. And Melvin Gordon and many other quality role-players. But good luck winning THAT division. On top of that, will anyone ever be healthy over there? What's the deal with Mike McCoy having 20 dudes on IR every year

-I suppose you can look at Buffalo as a place where the future is shining brightly. With Brady leaving soon the division could be up for grabs. There are some really strong building blocks for this roster, but the ownership here is an absolute disaster and Doug Whaley is still there for some reason.

-Oddly enough... San Francisco is not last. As horrible as being saddled with Jed York is, who will hire the wrong GM and has shown no patience for coaches to stick in a from the ground up rebuilding job and you're basically being hired just to be fired in 2 years. But you are starting from scratch, which is better than...

-The LA Rams. Who have Todd Gurley, a quality DL and are very short on draft picks thanks to your new bust QB, and still have Les Snead in charge for some reason. Maybe the 49ers aren't the worst franchise in sports?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Kyle Shanahan, Anthony Lynn. Josh McDaniels and Jim Schwartz are big Coordinator names being tossed around in many interview discussions for teams with vacancies. Kyle Shanahan most interested in the Denver HC vacancy, his father had coached there several years prior.

Redskins interested in WR Kenny Britt.. I'd say that's the end of DeSean Jackson.. Kenny Britt is WAY cheaper and can act as a deep threat, maybe Redskins can work on rebuilding getting team friendly deals like this.

Connor Cook getting his first NFL start.. in the playoffs.. he can't do any worse than his opponent I imagine.. Brock Osweiler. Hopefully Connor got in the work with Amari & Crabtree and company and can get them past a mediocre opponent in the first round.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hey you know what shouldn't happen in a playoff game? A rookie QB who has yet to start or play in longer than one half throwing the ball 45 times in a game.. Connor Cook doesn't get the blame for that loss.. bad coaching there. That was a very winnable game.

Dolphins... Sorry Kev, Steelers getting their revenge.. Steelers looking like a legit SB contender again if they keep playing like this.. god please don't let them or the Cowboys win.. they have the most smug fans out here in Ohio and I don't know if I could stand a whole year of trash talk.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Goooo Pack Ghooooooooooo! Wish Danny was here so I could shit talk his Giants team.

Everyone here is invited to the bandwagon, Pack taking this SB bby.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Where'd that Jaguars fan go? THEY WILL ALWAYS BE THE JAGURAS

Coughlin as VP
Marrone as HC
Caldwell extended

THE AMOUNT OF STUPIDITY HERE IS MINDBLOWING