2016 - 2017 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Hopefully it is a hard reboot for them. Even if they don't go up immediately it will allow them to hit the reset button and start over.

Gav back in the championship

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Honestly see Sunderland going down again next season Defoe pickford and kone will be gone and their chairman seems reluctant to invest

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
Glad Sunderland have went down they always seemed to somehow take points off Liverpool. It will feel quite weird with them not around anymore

Stopspot

Reaction score
Can't complain about yesterday's results outside of Chelsea winning. But my spurs played a great derby game against Arsenal and won rather comfortably. the Manchester teams drawing was also nice.

TheAceOne

The Artiste
Reaction score
Drawing against Swansea was disappointing, but we're still in the race for top four, and in the semis of the Europa League, so all is not lost. We're still battling. It's not over until it's over.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I couldn't watch the game, but I am so glad we beat Atletico.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Grrr. Frustrating game last night. Fair to West Hame for parking the buss and scoring when given the chance. Felt like Spurs were not fully focused.

Season's not dead yet (well, it is but still a few games to play). Can't call this season a failure since it will be our second straight top 3 finish, and we are doing so with pretty limited resources financially compared to all the big spender clubs. In the league we are over performing, but we should have gotten a domestic cup this year. That's were we have "failed" this year. As someone on a Chelsea forum (of all places) said, "Spurs is Englands Atletico Madrid, only not as far along in the process".

There are clubs with much bigger pockets than us who have had worse seasons this year.

Future is still lillywhite.

Wardi_12

The Artiste
Reaction score
Grrr. Frustrating game last night. Fair to West Hame for parking the buss and scoring when given the chance. Felt like Spurs were not fully focused.

Season's not dead yet (well, it is but still a few games to play). Can't call this season a failure since it will be our second straight top 3 finish, and we are doing so with pretty limited resources financially compared to all the big spender clubs. In the league we are over performing, but we should have gotten a domestic cup this year. That's were we have "failed" this year. As someone on a Chelsea forum (of all places) said, "Spurs is Englands Atletico Madrid, only not as far along in the process".

There are clubs with much bigger pockets than us who have had worse seasons this year.

Future is still lillywhite.
No one in the top 7 has failed this season, everyone has had great seasons and there is still everything to play for in terms of champions league places. There are also many managers such as Klopp, Conte, Mourinho and Guardiola who are only in their first full season which gets me excited for next season

Stopspot

Reaction score
No one in the top 7 has failed this season, everyone has had great seasons and there is still everything to play for in terms of champions league places. There are also many managers such as Klopp, Conte, Mourinho and Guardiola who are only in their first full season which gets me excited for next season
That is true. They've had good seasons but failed based off expectations, not results (maybe United considering how much money they spent and who they brought in to train straight up lost).

Spurs have a young squad so I hope they've learned from their mistakes in the cups, strengthen the squad a little and keep on trucking next year. We have a new stadium coming, CL play for the second straight year and a real fun squad. Been a great season all in all. All that's lacking is the silverware