2016 - 2017 Football Season Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Randy Borton

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
206ecf03413d3fff592321b910dcdc6f.png

master predictor over here

Gembo

The Showoff
Reaction score
Only three league games and the cup final until a perfect, unbeaten domestic record. Also, we smashed the billy boys 5-1, and we're close to regaining the record for highest points margin between first and second place in any league. Now they just need to make sure they don't fuck up in the last few games. Come on Celtic.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Congrats to Chelsea on the title.

Spurs solidified second place today with a 2-1 win over Man United in the last ever game at the lane, which will be demolished to make room for our new stadium. This means we went undefeated at the lane for its entire last season. That's a big fucking achievement.

Watched the farewell ceremony and it was great seeing all the old players show up to say farewell with the current team and fans. Ginola is still a complete legend.

irish_stu

Jobber
Reaction score
Congrats to Chelsea on the title.

Spurs solidified second place today with a 2-1 win over Man United in the last ever game at the lane, which will be demolished to make room for our new stadium. This means we went undefeated at the lane for its entire last season. That's a big fucking achievement.

Watched the farewell ceremony and it was great seeing all the old players show up to say farewell with the current team and fans. Ginola is still a complete legend.

Spurs put up a great run to push Chelsea but they are going to struggle next year judging by the previous performances at Wembley.

Stopspot

Reaction score
Spurs put up a great run to push Chelsea but they are going to struggle next year judging by the previous performances at Wembley.
I don't worry too much. Wembley's pitch has the same dimensions as the King Power and the K-com. And we saw how those last two matches there went.

The more Spurs play at Wembley, the better it will get. Will there be a adaptation period? Probably. But Poch says they will start training on Wembley in early July so I'm not too worried.

Mike Thunder

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Raúl Jiménez scored a goal in the portuguese cup final today and celebrated...
3e20184e5cc4d50bf5872edadfb064ccd0cf0138bf2b1a04ec53feda7fef097f.jpg

with a Sin Cara mask lol

Stopspot

Reaction score
Il Bimbo de Oro, played his last ever career game today. Finishing off a fantastic 24 year career in pro football, playing for AS Roma for his entire pro career and youth career. I'm honestly a bit misty eyed. Totti was my childhood favorite player, I got my first pack of football cards as a 7 year old and the first player I got out of the pack was Totti. And I've always kept track of him since, even if I've never had a big interest in Italian football I've always kept track of how Totti and his Roma were doing.

Farewell Capitano eterno