2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
what difference does the site make?

Drafts go differently on different sites. When doing mocks on CBSSports you have to grab Vereen in the third while he waits for you in the 5th on ESPN.

Also here's your 'LOL" for the Roddy White news. He's locked in until 37, hooray!

Snowman1

Reaction score
In other legal news, possible Cowboys starting LB Rolando McClain sentenced to 18 days in jail for disorderly conduct and resisting arrest. More time than Aldon, what a world we live in.

• Haha
Reactions: Vice

Snowman1

Reaction score
It's time to discuss what really matters with the Rice suspension.

Hey Pottsy: With your ridiculous league drafting already, what are you going to do with Pierce now that you have him? The obvious answer is "wait for someone to cut someone like Ryan Mathews and snatch him up" but assuming your league isn't Blue for a moment, is he even worth holding on to?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Drafts go differently on different sites. When doing mocks on CBSSports you have to grab Vereen in the third while he waits for you in the 5th on ESPN.

Also here's your 'LOL" for the Roddy White news. He's locked in until 37, hooray!
Mock drafts don't really matter since the only thing that matters on the actually draft are the owners playing in that league.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Well I see why they still wanna keep Tyrod around... http://www.baltimoreravens.com/vide..._Bomb_TD/c739f570-a191-4eb8-b7cd-c7cb6c1dbfed

Don't like following camp because of this, for every beautiful TD rainbow there's a CB getting burned (Chykie, come on you're more athletic than this!)

Just to get our hopes up at the spot, what do you know about the guy he's probably competing with, Asa Jackson? Website said he's matured quite a bit since the end of last season and hopes to stop getting suspended and earn at least some playing time...
Just read today that Chykie had another tough day, Jackson however, showed a lot of athleticism and made plays. Maybe this competition will be tighter than I thought.
By the way, the more Madden ratings that are released, the more I realize that Baltimore doesn't really have any elite players. Disappointing really.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Just read today that Chykie had another tough day, Jackson however, showed a lot of athleticism and made plays. Maybe this competition will be tighter than I thought.
By the way, the more Madden ratings that are released, the more I realize that Baltimore doesn't really have any elite players. Disappointing really.

Yeah man, just as you were doing that I was over at PFF really noticing the same thing. I mean, looking up and down the roster the lack of Pro Bowl caliber talent is alarming, but didn't realize it was THAT low. They only have 9 of our players (not counting special teams) as being above average (Yanda, Dumevil, Webb, Pitta, Monroe, Suggs, Ngata, Torrey, Steve Smith) and even that may be a little high. Jimmy Smith is massively underrated, #1 WR's really had a tough time against Baltimore last year and nobody knows it.

I'm really pulling for Asa to pan out over there. Could be a good story of a guy who couldn't get his act together for so long making the most of this opportunity with Brown struggling so much. Saw we signed Will Hill, is that relevant at all? Lol.

Hate being that guy, but saw one article which said we should bring back Ed Reed as a mentor/locker room guy for dirt cheap, but that won't happen so why discuss it?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Do you have the league created yet @Dolph'sZiggler? Might as well get all the teams signed up starting soon.

btw @Snowman I got a buddy on the Ravens, he's an undrafted FA they signed this year, doubt u heard of him yet though; last name's Olatoye; 6'1 DB.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
634f75846f6c1fc57dee48ee5c879ad3.jpg

Great picture of Johnny rolling up a $20.. :p What for? Himself or his buddies.. or both :)

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
At a time when the Johnny Manziel story should start to focus almost solely on football, some members of the Browns organization have turned it into another examination of his off-field life.

Mary Kay Cabot of the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote a story, citing anonymous Browns sources, saying the team is "alarmed" by his actions since the draft. Manziel has been seen at various parties this offseason. The story said the team was worried enough about a photo of Manziel apparently rolling up a $20 bill that coach Mike Pettine told Cabot that he called the rookie quarterback, while the coach was on vacation in Hawaii, to get answers.

The Plain Dealer pointed out that tight-rolled bills are often used for drug use, although there was no evidence in the photo that's what Manziel was doing, Pettine reached out to ask him about it. According to the story, Pettine said he planned to address it again with Manziel face-to-face when he reported for camp with the other rookies on Wednesday.

It isn't just the one photo, either. The Browns sources who talked to Cabot said the team was promised by Manziel before the draft that he would tone down his partying, and the Browns have been "stunned by his non-stop antics" since they took him.

This is a big story for a few reasons. Cabot is one of the best and most respected voices on the Browns beat, so there's little doubt to the legitimacy of what she wrote. Also, take into account the timing and purpose of the story. The Browns knew the talk of Manziel's actions off the field would take a back seat to his quarterback competition with Brian Hoyer once training camp started. The Browns could have easily been quiet about their off-field satisfaction and let the narrative change to Manziel's progress as a player. The sources speaking to Cabot had to know how her story would play out, and they're likely aware that it would put the spotlight back on Manziel's partying on the day the Browns report to camp, when the media attention is high.

Instead of protecting their young quarterback, some sources within the Browns set out to do the opposite. It has been less than three months since the Browns took Manziel with the 22nd overall pick, and some within the organization are already taking a combative stance with the former Heisman winner.

And, there was a troubling football aspect to the story too. The story said Manziel "regressed in practice after the first week of organized team activities," and the team thinks he wasn't dedicated enough to learning the playbook because he was flying around the country and partying. The story said he has already lost ground in the quarterback competition before camp starts.

Manziel has tremendous talent, which is why the Browns took him in the first place. His partying became a big story at Texas A&M, and he still was one of the greatest quarterbacks in college football history his two seasons there. All of this might blow over because Manziel gets his chance in the preseason and dominates on the field.

But as Browns camp starts, the team's dissatisfaction with their rookie quarterback is in the spotlight. It seems like a message is being sent.

Source

Manziel fucking up his chances already... young, dumb, and full of cum. :facepalm1:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Indy Back-up RB Vick Ballard has torn his ACL.
Does this make Trent Richardson anymore valuable? personally I think yes, but I don't think by much :)

Snowman1

Reaction score
Think it guarantees Ahmad Bradshaw is worth a grab as a fantasy sleeper lol.
Shame, the kid looked pretty solid 2 years ago and hasn't been healthy since.

*does a quick Google* Deji Oyatole out of North Carolina A & T? I haven't heard word one about him, but will keep my eyes out for any info. As you can tell there's a pretty good shot (by UFA standards) he could get a serious look in camp. :)

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Think it guarantees Ahmad Bradshaw is worth a grab as a fantasy sleeper lol.
Shame, the kid looked pretty solid 2 years ago and hasn't been healthy since.

*does a quick Google* Deji Oyatole out of North Carolina A & T? I haven't heard word one about him, but will keep my eyes out for any info. As you can tell there's a pretty good shot (by UFA standards) he could get a serious look in camp. :)
Yup, he started off his 1st two years at University of Colorado and then went to NC A&T. He's got great reach and vertical jump. If he impresses in camp he could very well sneak on as one of the final CBs. In addition to being pretty damn athletic he's pretty damn smart to; could play out to their liking, he's got experience at a lot of CB spots as well as free safety.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
btw @Snowman I got a buddy on the Ravens, he's an undrafted FA they signed this year, doubt u heard of him yet though; last name's Olatoye; 6'1 DB.
Deji Olatoye? Heard he was doing pretty well in OTAs. Haven't heard much during training camp, but he earned praise for his size and athleticism. Drew some comparisons to Jimmy Smith as well

Status
Not open for further replies.