2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
It's crazy because his statements earlier in the year about seeking help and such seemed pretty genuine IMO.
but yes those two places or is there a rule against living the year off overseas?
He isn't allowed to be around the Jags at all and I don't think they can involve themselves with him... he could spend his year off on Mars if he wanted.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Bleacher Report: "The smartest person I know associated with professional football, a former high-ranking team executive, theorized the Rice punishment was soft because it provides cover for a potentially light suspension of Jim Irsay. If the suspension of Rice was severe, the theory goes, and Irsay's, by comparison, isn't, the league would be accused of protecting ownership."

WHAT KIND OF BULLSHIT RATIONALIZING IS THAT? "Oh, well we don't want to be accused of protecting ownership" How about you don't want to be accused of protecting domestic violence you stupid fucks?

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Hey Dravice, in today's Slightly Relevant Ravens News, Aaron Ross tore his Achilles and is expected to miss the whole season.
This really sucks. Despite what the media says, he was a fan favorite to win the #3 spot. Now it seems like Chykie Brown is a shoe-in, since the other guy we picked up, Dominique Franks, failed the conditioning test.

Snowman1

Reaction score
This really sucks. Despite what the media says, he was a fan favorite to win the #3 spot. Now it seems like Chykie Brown is a shoe-in, since the other guy we picked up, Dominique Franks, failed the conditioning test.

Well I see why they still wanna keep Tyrod around... http://www.baltimoreravens.com/vide..._Bomb_TD/c739f570-a191-4eb8-b7cd-c7cb6c1dbfed

Don't like following camp because of this, for every beautiful TD rainbow there's a CB getting burned (Chykie, come on you're more athletic than this!)

Just to get our hopes up at the spot, what do you know about the guy he's probably competing with, Asa Jackson? Website said he's matured quite a bit since the end of last season and hopes to stop getting suspended and earn at least some playing time...

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Beast Mode holding out for a contract reshuffling, not attending Training camp, Seahawks currently saying they aren't going to renegotiate

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Not sure if mentioned but Roddy White got a FOUR YEAR THIRTY MILLION dollar extension lol

lol

lol

lol

also, I'll be opening up my SERIOUS IN DEPTH fantasy research today. Drafts are barely a month out, I feel behind. Think I'll start by trying to determine the run/pass ratio I expect for each team + the pace teams play at.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Colin Cowherd made a good point yesterday. He was saying that it seems a little ridiculous to him that NFL players testing positive for Marijuana are being suspended longer than Ray Rice was for knocking out his fiance, especially considering there are teams in states where dope is legal.

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Colin Cowherd made a good point yesterday. He was saying that it seems a little ridiculous to him that NFL players testing positive for Marijuana are being suspended longer than Ray Rice was for knocking out his fiance, especially considering there are teams in states where dope is legal.
Cowherd is far from the only person raising this point.

Domestic violence is a much bigger issue than guys smoking some reefer, we all understand it but Goodell is gonna Goodell. He is a piece of shit, what else would we expect.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Cowherd is far from the only person raising this point.

Domestic violence is a much bigger issue than guys smoking some reefer, we all understand it but Goodell is gonna Goodell. He is a piece of shit, what else would we expect.
I caught his radio show yesterday. Hadn't heard anyone else raise the issue.

Snowman1

Reaction score
The one argument with any kind of validity I've seen is that the marijuana users will get off with fines and community service while Rice and Hardy will face rough punishment from the legal system, kinda like how I thought the punishment onto Penn State was too harsh (which is why I'm not on football forums anymore, I posted that and everyone thought I was a child molester, stupid fucking people)

That's a bullshit argument. Anyone else wanna bet Rice gets about as much jail time as Aldon Smith?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Not sure if mentioned but Roddy White got a FOUR YEAR THIRTY MILLION dollar extension lol

lol

lol

lol

also, I'll be opening up my SERIOUS IN DEPTH fantasy research today. Drafts are barely a month out, I feel behind. Think I'll start by trying to determine the run/pass ratio I expect for each team + the pace teams play at.

It's a little more difficult to do research when we don't know what site we're playing on yet. Did you already decide on Yahoo?

Status
Not open for further replies.