2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Eh, Marcell Dareus is a fuck up, we'll be fine without him I think. Especially since I keep hearing the Bills WR's are amazing at camp so far, Sammy especially.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Saints should be good.

Broncos are the only logical pick in the AFc. anyone picking another team at this point is just trying to w different

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I figured all the "other" AFC picks were just Peyton haters.

You're absolutely correct, though.

In the NFC, I can buy the Saints as contenders if their D is as much improved as they say it is and they can get home field. Otherwise on paper it's just the SF/Seattle show again.

guess you can't count out Rodgers but still

EDIT: The only other team I could imagine doing it is Pittsburgh of all teams, just as the "random 9-7 team to New York Giants their way to the SB"

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Don't count them Eagles out just yet; DeSean Jackson is a big loss, but the thing about Philly is they've triumphed over many great players lost.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
my NFC contenders: Seattle, New Orleans, GB, SF and ARIZONA as the dark horse

SEA has to be the favorite.
NO is my #2 team on paper. If they can get HFA throughout watch out
SF seems like they may have missed their window. idk
GB has underachieved 3 years in a row since super bowling. Healthy Rodgers with a run game w lacy? sign me up

AZ as the dark horse. Possibly the most balanced team in the league? We know they'll be able to sling it w Arians coaching and a great WR duo w Fitz and Floyd. They want to make Andre Ellington a full time back, last years YPC leader. They solidified the OL with a rock solid tackle in Veldheer plus they get 2013 R1 pick LG Jonathan Cooper back who missed his entire rookie season due to injury. Palmer's line should be much more consistent than last season.

Defense? Wanna talk defense? Arizona's is nasty like every NFC Best defense. The D Line is an idealistic 3 man front for a 34 defense as Campbell, Dockett and NT Dan Williams are all perfect fits in their respective positions. They will certainly miss Daryl Washington's production (fucking idiot) but the LBs won't need to be spectacular, the powerful trio up front will demand the bulk of the offenses attention. Veterans like John Abraham and Mstt Schaughnessy aren't world beating pass rushers but AZ does a solid job of generating a pass rush as a unit. Oh and the biggest strength of the squad? the best secondary in NFL. I said it Seattle, come at me.

Patty Pete and Cro = nasty. add in Honey Badger and I can't wait to watch this defense more in 2014.

Snowman1

Reaction score
*claps and laughs in glee* Classic D'Z NFL post, that's lovely.

I can't disagree at all with that dark horse pick, bro, but don't rule out the other NFC West team, either. With a little good luck and Slingin' Sammy B and the O-Line (specifically Long and Saffold) being heatlhy, that Rams roster is something GM's dream of and opponents run in fear of.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I've seen quite a bit of hype for STL recently Ashley. I'm liking what they are doing but they still seem like a kid at the adult's table in the best division in football IMO.

No doubt Stacy is a beast and if they let him be the focal point of the offense it will help Sam out immensely, but I still question their o line and WR options. I hear Britt looks good, but he isn't my idea of a reliable #1 option. That front 4 is one of the best in the league though, defense will be tough. Secondary is still a moderate concern.

plus too many QB questions. Can Sam ever stay healthy? and even so he has never really shown me much for a consistent stretch of the season.

STL could probably contend in the "race to 9 wins" NFC Least, but out west is where the big boys play. look at the adjective. play.

Snowman1

Reaction score
I've seen quite a bit of hype for STL recently Ashley. I'm liking what they are doing but they still seem like a kid at the adult's table in the best division in football IMO.

No doubt Stacy is a beast and if they let him be the focal point of the offense it will help Sam out immensely, but I still question their o line and WR options. I hear Britt looks good, but he isn't my idea of a reliable #1 option. That front 4 is one of the best in the league though, defense will be tough. Secondary is still a moderate concern.

plus too many QB questions. Can Sam ever stay healthy? and even so he has never really shown me much for a consistent stretch of the season.

STL could probably contend in the "race to 9 wins" NFC Least, but out west is where the big boys play. look at the adjective. play.

Of the Titans games I did see with Kenny Britt, rarely have I seen an offense change so much with one receiver being in and out of the lineup more than him. The offense was "secretly explosive" with Britt and pretty punchless without him. Dude made all the difference in the world and if he can stay healthy/out of jail.

That's the biggest issue with St. Louis (besides just "there's been hype around them for the last few years and it's never panned out" and "Is Sam Bradford really any good, it's been like 5 years and we still don't know" ), too many "If he stays healthy" questions. Kenny Britt. Sam Bradford. Saffold. Jake Long. IF they are healthy, Long-Robinson-Wells-Saffold-Barksdale is a SICK offensive line, and run-heavy ass Fisher is going to LOVE a Zac Stacy-Tre Mason committee + don't sleep on Cunningham. There's just so much to get hyped about, the front seven you already discussed but Janoris Jenkins is a great corner but they need players to step up around him. It'll be a nice situation for the young secondary with Quinn/Long/Donald destroying the pocket every week.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Britt is the most inconsistent player I've ever seen. I've never remembered a player who can go for 250 receiving one week and you won't even notice him on the field the next

again, if you go into a season betting on Britt as your X factor you are going to have a bad time

Status
Not open for further replies.