2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'd say there's like a 2% chance of him being a Raider, and even that could be a little high.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
0% chance. Why would he agree to come here? He knows how shitty Schaub is, and wants to be on a winner, not an all time bad loser.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I don't see why he is so down on Houston honestly. That defense is going to be nasty. They got rid of Schaub. Foster should be healthy. Things are looking up.

Snowman1

Reaction score
No offense, but with the deals you guys have been making and how desperate Allen and Wedgie have to be... maybe you'd be the crazy team to outright trade for the guy since for some reason you guys seem so down on your WR's. Don't see why. Maybe they haven't had a fair shake with your QB situation, but it's obvious there's talent there.

Still, I just don't think he'll get out of Houston unless he goes full Carson Palmer, which seems... uncharacteristic. And Houston could easily battle for a wild-card spot in that craptacular division

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
No offense, but with the deals you guys have been making and how desperate Allen and Wedgie have to be... maybe you'd be the crazy team to outright trade for the guy since for some reason you guys seem so down on your WR's. Don't see why. Maybe they haven't had a fair shake with your QB situation, but it's obvious there's talent there.

Still, I just don't think he'll get out of Houston unless he goes full Carson Palmer, which seems... uncharacteristic. And Houston could easily battle for a wild-card spot in that craptacular division
None taken because the deals we've been making are all essentially 1 year deals to get us to the salary floor. We aren't committed to any of these old men past next season.

What makes you say they are down on our WRs? They weren't down enough on them to sign DeSean.

Moore is inconsistent dog shit. Holmes has potential. Streeter is solid. Jones is the veteran.

Besides, who cares who is out there to catch passes when Schaub is throwing them?

Reggie won't trade a bunch of picks for Johnson, so we won't get Johnson.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
From what I heard on the sirius this morning it sounded like they wanted the trade partner to pay the dead money and a first round pick..

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Love it. I can't tell you how frustrating it was to see us whip the Pats in the AFC Title game and get my hopes up, just to turn on the TV and watch us get manhandles by Brady every drive last year. Drove me insane when all we needed was a win against Cincy, and we got burned on both sides of the ball. We need our defense to get back to where it was, because let's face it, it'll take at least another season for the offense to become what we all envision it being, despite getting better this year.

Who do you like at the FS spot? D.Stewart or T.Brooks?

Snowman1

Reaction score
Anyway, I'm actually expecting good thing from the offense this year. Nothing spectacular, but pretty good by Ravens' standards. Rice being suspended could be the best thing for this team, as I can't wait to see how Pierce does as a starter. His only excuse for his suckage last year was his injuries, so if he's healthy maybe he can step up.

The only things I know about the free safeties is that Brooks was one of the most athletic, ballhawking safeties in the draft, while Stewart got cut by the Rams. So based off that the choice is pretty obvious.

One thing that worries me is that the D got 37 sacks in the first 11 games, then 3 in the final 5.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Bernard Pierce won't be the "average" starter, I would imagine Bernard Scott and Justin Forsett will take some of the carries and if not, they drafted Taliaferro and that guy looks pretty solid.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Ravens CB Jimmy Smith arrested last night for disorderly conduct. This makes him the 5th Raven to be arrested this offseason

Status
Not open for further replies.