2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

pottsy946

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
so as this thread is a big ass sprwaling thread now, i kinda what teams a lot of you guys like, but just wondering why you like them, guessing a lot of hometown/closest/lived there teams

but here's mine, Bears for sure, first starig watching the season before the bears won the superbowl, but i loved the attitude and then in the SB season it got more intense, the badass didnt give a fuck was great to me as a person just getting into football, since then always been a bears man, always loved good d, maybe why i played as a CB in the UK rather than a WR/RB

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Hey D'Z, we were discussing drafting PM round 1, so I just tried a 12-teamer with the 7th pick...

1st: Peyton Manning
2nd: Julio Jones, despite the injury concerns it's hard to not get sucked in and excited for Julio, he's such a beast.
3rd: DeSwag: So much good WR talent here. Jeffery, Cobb, Jackson, Welker... so much better than Frank Gore, Ryan Matthews, T-Rich lol
4th: Ben Tate: As an RB1 it sounds bad, but there's plenty of upside with the number of carries (even vs 9 man boxes)
5th: Shane Vereen: Was planning on just going WR here but this is my favorite value in the draft, couldn't pass it up.
6th: T.Y. Hilton: Someone stole CP this time, dammit. He seems like a bigger name than his fantasy production justifies, though. Torrey and Michael Floyd were the next two, so this was the right call
7th: Jordan Cameron, damn, 2 browns? Shit. He should get 1,000,000 targets
Rounds 8-11, Random running backs with upside (Khiry Robinson, Joique Bell, Danny Woodhead, Bernard Pierce) in hopes one of them pan out *pokes at Pierce*
12: Markus Wheaton in hopes he can be the next Mike Wallace
13: Another random RB in LeGarrette Blount
14: Kelvin Benjamin who I never even thought would be available
15: Vinatieri because I rolled a 4
16: Eagles D/ST to try to whore a like from Sharpy

In hindsight I should have drafted more random receivers for sure, but the whole thought of having Ben Tate as an RB1 scared me
you dirty whore, lol Eagles D available in the 16th? Well, hopefully that's true for our league.
Ben Tate is going to get benched for West at some point before mid season I will say.
Martavis Bryant is going to be worth more of a look than Wheaton IMO.
Benjamin at 14.. interesting, that would be a rookie player I would draft there for sure.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
so as this thread is a big ass sprwaling thread now, i kinda what teams a lot of you guys like, but just wondering why you like them, guessing a lot of hometown/closest/lived there teams

but here's mine, Bears for sure, first starig watching the season before the bears won the superbowl, but i loved the attitude and then in the SB season it got more intense, the badass didnt give a fuck was great to me as a person just getting into football, since then always been a bears man, always loved good d, maybe why i played as a CB in the UK rather than a WR/RB

I was born and my uncle gave me a Randall Cunningham Eagles onesie so I've always been raised as an Eagles fan, even here in Ohio.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
For the vast majority of people it's just their hometowns, but as a young 'un I ventured into a bar during a Colts/Titans game (back when PM was a Colt) and saw a big argument get started among the two sides to the point where it could have come to blows. So I just said "screw this" and picked my own team, and being fascinated by defensive football at the time the choice was pretty easily

you dirty whore, lol Eagles D available in the 16th? Well, hopefully that's true for our league.
Ben Tate is going to get benched for West at some point before mid season I will say.
Martavis Bryant is going to be worth more of a look than Wheaton IMO.
Benjamin at 14.. interesting, that would be a rookie player I would draft there for sure.

Hahaha you'd love that, wouldn't you? Shoot all our D/ST's were available then, and they're the main ones I'm considering drafting. Except the Giants. :tough:

The thing with the Tate pick was that my hands felt tied. In the 3rd someone nabbed CJ Spiller right before my pick :( and I didn't feel like spending a 3rd on Knowshon Moreno, then Reggie Bush and Ryan Matthews went early round 4 while another dude right in front of me grabbed 'Shon. The next options on the board were Trent Richardson, Ray Rice, Andre Ellington, and Chris Johnson, so I personally liked Tate the best of that bunch.

The best option is to just take an RB earlier and avoid this bullshit entirely.

(Wonder about the Detroit RB's? Word out of there is that Lombardi is going to run the Saints' offense, and we saw how that worked for Reggie Bush. We'll see.)

You're probably right with Wheaton vs Bryant, it's just too early to be mock drafting lol. Either way I'll be more than happy with whichever guy it is as a flier when we know more later on.

Looking back at the draft results, gambling a 6th round pick on Darren McFadden, Steven Jackson, Stevan Ridley, or David Wilson sounds like fun.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I usually wait til after week 1 & 2 of the pre-season to mock draft, IMO those are the games where the starters are going to be nabbing the most palying time.

Snowman1

Reaction score
^Can't blame you for a second, just doing these more for positional strategy and that sort of thing, not the players themselves.

If WWE wants me to order their network, they should include a picture of Dolph's's face when watching "the Top 100 players of 2014" and seeing Joe Flacco at #58. That would get a sub for sure.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
^Can't blame you for a second, just doing these more for positional strategy and that sort of thing, not the players themselves.

If WWE wants me to order their network, they should include a picture of Dolph's's face when watching "the Top 100 players of 2014" and seeing Joe Flacco at #58. That would get a sub for sure.
Djax was like what #63? fuck if I would've ever put Flacco over DJax based on last season.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Here's a little quick-take from the past few days in case you guys missed any of them.

-Marshawn Lynch reportedly considering retirement if contract negotiations stall.

-Giants' Beason goes down with a foot injury during practice. Had to be carted off the field, that's never a good sign.

-As expected, Brian Hoyer still holds the starting job over Johnny Football heading into mandatory training camp.

-Atlanta Falcons to be the featured team on HBO's "Hard Knocks".

-Colin Kaepernick avoids any charges following an incident occurring in Miami, involving Kap, 49ers WR Quinton Patton, and Seahawks WR Ricardo Lockette.

-Tyrann Mathieu admits to contemplating suicide following his arrest in 2012.
"Believe it or not, my cellmates were encouraging me, telling me I was a good football player; telling me I don't need to be thinking about this," Mathieu said. "That's probably why I really didn't do it, but there was an actual moment where I was thinking about [it], and I'll never forget that feeling."

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
432dc8d27ccec858c987eb238d3571f3.jpg

Browns CB Joe Haden bought his wife a brand new Bentley GT, shit's cleannnnnn ice on ice.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Yo @Snowman , you see the Ravens possibly scooping him up? Maybe talk him into a back loaded deal or low guaranteed money? Compared to the other CBs on the open market, Flowers is the best by miles. It'd be one hell of a cornerback trio.

Snowman1

Reaction score
You're the artist formerly known as Bomber, right?

It would be one hell of a tandem, but no, the best we can say on this one is "stranger things have happened in Balitmore"

If Mosley pans out as you say I'm gonna be so pumped to watch this D this year, Flowers or no Flowers.

Status
Not open for further replies.