2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

martyjannetty39

The Artiste
Reaction score
I'll try out a mock with Peyton in round 1 if I can.

Also, does anyone else wonder what happened to Monte Kiffin? The defense regressed a lot at Tennessee, and it was horrific at USC and now in Dallas. Guess having a bunch of Hall of Famers help. :idk:

Oh, has this "Manziel partying in Vegas" story really been taking over ESPN? I hear about the stuff on local radio and immediately turn it off every time. Someone let me know how happy I should be for cancelling my cable.
Anything to do with Manziel will take over ESPN. That's how that network works. They talk football and basketball and that's it.....pathetic

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I'll try out a mock with Peyton in round 1 if I can.

Also, does anyone else wonder what happened to Monte Kiffin? The defense regressed a lot at Tennessee, and it was horrific at USC and now in Dallas. Guess having a bunch of Hall of Famers help. :idk:

Oh, has this "Manziel partying in Vegas" story really been taking over ESPN? I hear about the stuff on local radio and immediately turn it off every time. Someone let me know how happy I should be for cancelling my cable.
The league is dramatically different offensively from what it was 10-15 years ago. Monte Kiffin's defense is still largely the same. He hasn't adapted with the times.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
The league is dramatically different offensively from what it was 10-15 years ago. Monte Kiffin's defense is still largely the same. He hasn't adapted with the times.

Kinda wonder if he didn't suck all along, because with guys like Ronde Barber, John Lynch, Derrick Brooks, Warren Sapp... come on, you can't screw that loaded D up.

But to prove your point, against the more pro-style attacks of the then-SEC Monte's defense wasn't bad at all (worse than last year, but still pretty good) albeit with 2 1st rounders and a couple of All-SEC defenders who never made it to the NFL.. but then he went over to the modern Pac-12 and the current NFL and is getting destroyed with shitty talent. Probably just a combination fo the 2.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
i'm going to draft my entire fantasy team with packers players. So excited.:woo:

Snowman1

Reaction score
d623a967dab28d10baf1a84f26901e13.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Basically 3 full months and a week and change. Can't wait.
Fa sho..

DeSean Jackson had to sit out the rest of practice today after sustaining a hamstring injury on an overthrown ball by RG3 during offseason practice.. When talking about it later in the day he mentioned it was just tight and felt not too bad, not a big problem.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Things are pretty quiet at Raiders OTAs (which this time of year, is a good thing)

Khalil Mack is going to be starting SAM while Sio Moore, last year's strong sider backer, moves to the weak side to replace Kevin Burnett.

I'm excited for our defense this year. Matt Schaub led offense? Not so much.

Oh and I've also heard DJ Hayden looks like a player who could actually live up to his draft status this year. He apparently looks like a new man out there.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Amazing how much of a copycat league this is. So many 4=3 teams are dying for their own Von Miller with Khalil Mack, Anthony Barr, etc.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Nick Foles apparently made a beautiful TD pass to Riley Cooper on the run during yesterday's "practice"..
Mark Sanchez looked to be struggling but it's still very early in the offseason and the Jets certainly never ran anything like this offense while he was there. Matt Barkley supposedly looked pretty solid and definitely seemed serious about trying to win that backup job. 4th QB G.J Kinne (practice squad last year) had his moments as well and may have shown he has the strongest arm out of any of them.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Crazy to see a practice squad guy with the "strongest arm of any of them". Wow.

Cool to see Fitzgerald Toussaint in a Ravens uniform now, dude was so fun to watch at Michigan.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Back when I was a little kid I played fantasy football and just drafted whoever I knew. Now that I have a idea of whats going on in the NFL I cant wait for fantasy football.

When we drafted Kyle Van Noy I heard he was a stud, and watching highlights of him I'm amused. My only worry is his size. Not sure how he will take down the RB's in our division.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Giants officially release QB Josh Freeman and signed OT Rogers Gaines formerly a Chicago Bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.