2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I'm surprised Philly, my main team, gave Cleveland the pick. Philly didn't draft too bad, they're going after a solid defense, which is fine, but we need more WRs, and although they got one in the second round or third round I believe, we need more than just Cooper and Maclin. Ertz and Celek aren't too bad, and Ertz is still green and young, whereas Celek is good and experienced, but they're not too fast. Going back to Cleveland though, they got Manziel, and although I didn't like Manziel during his college season, maybe he could start convincing me. However, I'd much rather see Hoyer out there for now if Hoyer can keep up what he did before his injury. Manziel will start, I agree with that, but hopefully not too soon, or on opening day. It's way too soon for that.

I was also surprised that Philly wasn't more aggressive with going after one of the top receivers. D Jax left some big shoes to fill.. and his signing with the Skins didn't help them in the least. Cooper, Maclin, and Celek are a nice little corps but none of them are elite. I have a feeling it's going to be a tough season for the Eagles this year. Shady is going to have to really, really step up and be the majority of the offense.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
I was also surprised that Philly wasn't more aggressive with going after one of the top receivers. D Jax left some big shoes to fill.. and his signing with the Skins didn't help them in the least. Cooper, Maclin, and Celek are a nice little corps but none of them are elite. I have a feeling it's going to be a tough season for the Eagles this year. Shady is going to have to really, really step up and be the majority of the offense.
I have no doubts with McCoy, guy can run great and move quickly. As for throwing, I'm confident in Foles, but he needs to work on getting rid of the ball when under pressure, ALOT. Whoever the new receiver is though, hopefully he brings something good to the table, and the new defenseman doesn't look too bad.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
I have no doubts with McCoy, guy can run great and move quickly. As for throwing, I'm confident in Foles, but he needs to work on getting rid of the ball when under pressure, ALOT. Whoever the new receiver is though, hopefully he brings something good to the table, and the new defenseman doesn't look too bad.

Yeah, McCoy is in the top 3 backs in the league.. there is no doubt about his talent... lol those times when you are watching the game and yelling "Just throw the fucking ball away!! Fuck! he let them sack him!" I do that with Tannehill a lot lol... hopefully the Miami OL will be strong enough this year to not warrant so much disappointment.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Josh Huff and Jordan Matthews are both going to be Rookie Impact players :) it may be rough at the start but Chip Kelly's offense can make someone look very good even when they're not (ie: Riley Cooper IMO). I think we'll be fine to be honest; don't forget Zach Ertz he really started to come into his own as a route running TE who can actually get open where as Celek has become a bit more sluggish honestly.

We have our own little scrappy white WR in the form of Jeff Maehl who came into the team last year and during his practices and very little play time has been quite a treat. He's another former Oregon player who managed to find his way over to Kelly's NFL team and

He went undrafted in 2011 but this is what happened at the combine.
At the NFL combine Jeff Maehl had a strong performance. He measured in at 6'1" and 190 lbs and had a slower than average 40-time of 4.62 seconds. However, in the measures of quickness - 20-yard shuttle, 60-yard shuttle, and 3-cone drill - Maehl finished 2nd, 1st, and 1st respectively.[6] Maehl's 6.42 second 3-cone drill was not only the fastest in this year's draft, but the fastest it has been run in 6 years.[

I really think we'll be alright; it's definitely not going to be easy to replace DeSean but I think with our system we're going to be able to have another decent season to follow up Chip's 10-6 debut season.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I never really knew much about Khalil Mack; apparently coming into college he was known as the 275th ranked player in his class lol.
4 years at a University like Buffalo and this mother fucker went 5th overall in the NFL draft; good for him and well deserved, I've seen plenty of highlights to know he's legit. A little shake and bake to get on the outside and deck runners and enough vision to watch the QB and make a move to get him down when the time comes. He's got experience playing right on the line too, Raiders have themselves a nice prospect there.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I never really knew much about Khalil Mack; apparently coming into college he was known as the 275th ranked player in his class lol.
4 years at a University like Buffalo and this mother fucker went 5th overall in the NFL draft; good for him and well deserved, I've seen plenty of highlights to know he's legit. A little shake and bake to get on the outside and deck runners and enough vision to watch the QB and make a move to get him down when the time comes. He's got experience playing right on the line too, Raiders have themselves a nice prospect there.

Apparently his only FBS offer was from Buffalo, and that's because he was committed to a FCS school and the guy who was recruiting him became a coach there.

Your boys cut Arrelious Benn, and the Jests pick up Daryl Richardson. Cool.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Apparently his only FBS offer was from Buffalo, and that's because he was committed to a FCS school and the guy who was recruiting him became a coach there.

Your boys cut Arrelious Benn, and the Jests pick up Daryl Richardson. Cool.
Yeah he didn't even get to use his dope kicks; there's talks about resigning him for like 750k a year but he waS set to make like 1.1 mil.

72d097bf3bb049fd9ae39f409858c5ab.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Man Roddy White has had a rough Year and a half :( Was injury plagued like almost all season last year and then now his half-brother but still close to him has been shot and killed :(
Brief Info of the Story.

Condolences to Roddy and his family.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Did we miss any actual news the past few days? Not dumb shit with Michael Sam, but actual news?

Jerry Rice Jr, didn't make the Ravens' 90 man roster. :downer:

Read that Carolina was interested in Greg Little, then under that the Raiders already picked him up. Huzzah.

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Yeah buddy; Raiders claim the fantastical Greg Little off Waivers.
Good to be back.. also here is some funny ass shit.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...-car-to-get-around-rules?tsm=1?is_shared=true

Chip Kelly and other HCs are not allowed on the field personally during Rookie Workouts but that didn't stop him from "being" on the field somehow and yes this is allowed.

Did we miss any actual news the past few days? Not dumb shit with Michael Sam, but actual news?

Jerry Rice Jr, didn't make the Ravens' 90 man roster. :downer:

Read that Carolina was interested in Greg Little, then under that the Raiders already picked him up. Huzzah.

Oh just caught you edited haha :p

PS) I think JR jr. has a tryout with the 9ers.

Reactions: Snowman1

Snowman1

Reaction score
:lol1: That's just incredible. Is this lil' car with a camera and a speaker running around the practice facility? I can just imagine Chip at his PC with a PS3 controller just driving this thing around haha. If you're the NFL all you can do is just say "Don't do that again" and close the loophole, but big props to Chip, that's amazing.

Don't they have enough good receivers in Oakland though? They need a #1, Little is a #18.

Found this photo roaming around the blogosphere the other day, was dying to use it and thought the Little thing would be a nice leadin, but nooooo. Stupid Raiders had to snatch him up.
6c56eb7a9da74e269b2ec4144ac2a85b.jpg

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
:lol1: That's just incredible. Is this lil' car with a camera and a speaker running around the practice facility? I can just imagine Chip at his PC with a PS3 controller just driving this thing around haha. If you're the NFL all you can do is just say "Don't do that again" and close the loophole, but big props to Chip, that's amazing.

Don't they have enough good receivers in Oakland though? They need a #1, Little is a #18.

Found this photo roaming around the blogosphere the other day, was dying to use it and thought the Little thing would be a nice leadin, but nooooo. Stupid Raiders had to snatch him up.
6c56eb7a9da74e269b2ec4144ac2a85b.jpg

Haha; he'll make the team I bet, I hear the contract they got him on isn't too bad at all.
Looks like this pic was made a bit ago :p; now they got Kelvin Benjamin, Jerricho Cotchery and Jason Avant in addition to those scrubs :p

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Josh Gordon is definitely appealing the ban; however since he was a multiple offender in College and now in the Pros; I doubt it looks good for him. Even if he gets it lowered that would be to 8 games at the minimum he would be suspended, anyone in a dynasty league should be prepared to address that.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Yeah it was made a little while ago, and while that threesome isn't that inspiring, it's probably as good as his crew was last year. Really wonder how well Kelvin will do?

Well, it looks like Ray Rice avoided jail time. :facepalm1: Meanwhile the Commish rules with an iron fist, if Gordon or Rice play more than 4 games this year I'll be stunned.

Status
Not open for further replies.