2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Gotta agree, that was the first bad pick of the draft (outside of maybe Bortles)

Someone brought up the idea of "sit at 3, take Watkins, then trade up with Kansas City to snag Bortles at 25." That was probably the better course of action for the Jaguras
taking Bortles at 3 is so Jacksonville. If he was ever going to amount to anything, which was a long shot to begin with, it definitely won't work out in Jacksonville

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Lol yeah for the Bills' sake they should use every ounce of juice CJ Spiller has in him before having to let him go for contract reasons.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Can't squeeze much out of him. dude ain't healthy often

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Was listening to ESPN Radio and heard they're really high on Tampa Bay this year.

Gamblers, hope this keeps up, and make a bunch of money betting against them this year.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Was listening to ESPN Radio and heard they're really high on Tampa Bay this year.

Gamblers, hope this keeps up, and make a bunch of money betting against them this year.
I was high on Tampa going into last season when I had hopes that Freeman could regain his pre-Schiano form. You gotta love those big ass receivers they got + Dougie fresh and a nice defense though. McCown should be a serviceable stop gap with the solid offense around him. My man Tedford running the show. I have faith in Tampa frankly.

New Orleans
Tampa
Carolina
Atlanta

book it

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I was high on Tampa going into last season when I had hopes that Freeman could regain his pre-Schiano form. You gotta love those big ass receivers they got + Dougie fresh and a nice defense though. McCown should be a serviceable stop gap with the solid offense around him. My man Tedford running the show. I have faith in Tampa frankly.

New Orleans
Tampa
Carolina
Atlanta

book it
God I hope the Muscle Hamster comes back full go; my buddy plays Safety for that team so I hope they play as big as they are and go far!
Hmm, you think McCown will be Starter Day 1? This will be one of the better QB camps around the League; Glennon vs McCown I think both could be serviceable with those big ass receivers this seasons. Personally I still have Glennon being the starter for the majority of the season but if I were a Tampa fan I'd be okay with both I suppose.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
God I hope the Muscle Hamster comes back full go; my buddy plays Safety for that team so I hope they play as big as they are and go far!
Hmm, you think McCown will be Starter Day 1? This will be one of the better QB camps around the League; Glennon vs McCown I think both could be serviceable with those big ass receivers this seasons. Personally I still have Glennon being the starter for the majority of the season but if I were a Tampa fan I'd be okay with both I suppose.
Lovie already said McCown is starting

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
My Browns now are stuck with Manziel. Well I hope Hoyer starts. As for the whole Gordon situation iunno.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Manziel will start and I won't be surprised if the Browns go .500 this year.
Pretty sure Hoyer will start, he did great last year prior to the season ending injury. Give him the chance to start, go from there, give him maybe, 3-4 games before you decide Manziel. As for the W/L, the defense is pretty damn solid, and I like the new pick, don't remember his name, but good addition. Offense is trying to be rebuilt, hopefully Gordon isn't gone for the whole season though.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Pretty sure Hoyer will start, he did great last year prior to the season ending injury. Give him the chance to start, go from there, give him maybe, 3-4 games before you decide Manziel. As for the W/L, the defense is pretty damn solid, and I like the new pick, don't remember his name, but good addition. Offense is trying to be rebuilt, hopefully Gordon isn't gone for the whole season though.

Gilbert is his name and, yeah, he is going to improve the secondary significantly. You could be right.. give Manziel a few games to actually see Hoyer run the playbook on the field before sending him out there. But he will start sooner than later. He was actually a great value for the 22nd pick.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Gilbert is his name and, yeah, he is going to improve the secondary significantly. You could be right.. give Manziel a few games to actually see Hoyer run the playbook on the field before sending him out there. But he will start sooner than later. He was actually a great value for the 22nd pick.
I'm surprised Philly, my main team, gave Cleveland the pick. Philly didn't draft too bad, they're going after a solid defense, which is fine, but we need more WRs, and although they got one in the second round or third round I believe, we need more than just Cooper and Maclin. Ertz and Celek aren't too bad, and Ertz is still green and young, whereas Celek is good and experienced, but they're not too fast. Going back to Cleveland though, they got Manziel, and although I didn't like Manziel during his college season, maybe he could start convincing me. However, I'd much rather see Hoyer out there for now if Hoyer can keep up what he did before his injury. Manziel will start, I agree with that, but hopefully not too soon, or on opening day. It's way too soon for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.