2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Uh oh, CLE Star WR Josh Gordon has reportedly failed a 2nd drugtest while on probation from the league; seems to be facing a Season Long Ban.

Looks like we know Marqise will go for sure today.

Edit: apparently he failed it a few months ago.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
49ers trade conditional 4th round 2015 pick to Bills for WR Stevie Johnson (was expected to be moved after Watkins pickup, no one expected it to be that soon).

That pick could turn to a 3rd round but the reason how hasn't been announced yet.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
"The Philadelphia Eagles have signed K Carey Spear. They have also signed offensive weapon Trey Burton, RB David Fluellen, WR Quron Pratt, OT Josh Andrews, RB Henry Josey, WR Kadron Boone, CB John Fulton, DE Frank Mays and S Daytawion Lowe."

The three I wanna disect;

Carey Spear, Trey Burton and David Fluellen..

Carey Spear was my favorite kicker prospect this year, why you might ask??
This dude has developed into a solid kicker since he's started.. and more importantly to that HE LOVES TO HIT.. Yeah you read that right, this mother fucker thinks he's a linebacker as soon as he lifts that ball into the air off the kick.

Trey Burton is the UFA pick that interested me the most from that list as far as skill players go. He's 6'2 and like 220ish, he's listed as a TE on the NFL Draft profile but as I remember it he can play a variety of positions.. He was known as a dual threat QB at one point, played RB, played WR.. I consider him Florida's more diverse version of that Michigan dude that JAX took Denard Robinson.

and now Fluellen the kid with literally an "ill" name :)
David Fluellen was supposed to be a late 5th to late 6th round draft pick but I think the concerns with him involved him missing a few games in 3 of his 4 seasons at the University of Toledo. The plus to this kid is that he has excellent quality size for an RB like him, in watching his 2012 and 2013 highlights you really see that his vision is that similar to an elite RB. He's got his downsides not really a good pass catcher and lacks that BOOMING speed to go the distance but if healthy he could definitely be serviceable as a change of pace back.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
@DK James

10273524_638016726273289_8731732000963002352_n.jpg

Reactions: DK JAMES

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
The Dolphins signed 16 UFAs including a QB, a RB, another WR, a punter, and some defensive and offensive lineman.

But still no Antonio Richardson.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
They (Dolphins) drafted a weird Coastal Carolina WR in the 5th or 6th that pick was strannngeee!

Minneota scooped Tiny right up, he's got a great shot to start there, looks like they wanted some more young offensive linemen projects to see if one will pan out better than expected and protect Bridgewater or whomever properly.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I should've dissected one more player from that list of Eagles UFAs..

RB Henry Josey,
Anyone who paid attention in 2012 to RBs should remember this name; unfortunately I missed it the first time looking at the list but now I remember the fella.

This dude in 2012 was projected to be one of the best backs in the next respective draft howeeever he ended up suffering a HORRIBLE knee injury that kept him out and ruined his shot at being drafted high. Apparently he's now 100% and ready to get to work, Eagles are down for that.

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
lmfao.

-For real though, couldn't be more happier with this Bills draft. We got every postition we needed, just like every season I'm extremely excited to see how the Bills do this time around. Peace out, Stevie. You're a cool dude, but an average player.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
lmfao.

-For real though, couldn't be more happier with this Bills draft. We got every postition we needed, just like every season I'm extremely excited to see how the Bills do this time around. Peace out, Stevie. You're a cool dude, but an average player.

Enjoy Bryce Brown, he will be an excellent compliment to CJ Spiller when Fred Jackson goes should they decide to keep Bryce (I think they will seeing as they gave up a 4th or conditional 3rd for him).

Reactions: DK JAMES

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
What do you guys think the worst offenses will be this year? Looking at the 10 worst offenses from last year (based on points scored)

-Jacksonville should be a lot better with Marquise Lee and Allen Robinson while Blake Bortles can't be a downgrade at QB, can he? They can still be bottom 10 but not worst in the NFL again, no way.

-Houston is looking scary bad at QB with a Fitzpatrick, Keenum, Savage, TJ Yates battle. If O'Brien can coach up Savage there's some talent there as we all know. Ryan Mallett coming soon?

-Tampa's offense will be better, of course. No Schiano, Tedford's great, Josh McCown should be good, Martin's healthy, the O-Line was upgraded, Mike Evans... yeah.

-I have little faith in the Jets' offense this year, but it can't be much worse.

-Eli Manning and the Giants will rebound. Having Beckham and Andre Williams won't hurt.

-Cleveland can't catch a break, they get a guy who MAY be the answer at QB just in time for all their receivers to get hurt. Ben Tate and Terrence West look good at RB.

-Dolphins should be better with better pass protection, question is, will it be better? So many teams ignored needs this year.

-Wait and see on the Ravens' offense.

-Derek Carr/Matt Schaub and a revamped O-Line and 84 new running backs could propel the Raiders into being an NFL-caliber offense.

-Redskins will improve with RG3 being healthy and DeSean

-In Buffalo, it all depends on how well EJ Manuel will play, since they've put some really nice talent around him.

(Where is Nashville on this list?)

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY
Status
Not open for further replies.