2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Is anyone else still laughing at the Jags' having HUGE faith in Toby Gerhart being their #1 RB.. I know I am!
I hear random shit about it every so often and it just makes me laugh like damn, at least I'm not a Jags fan.
One of the biggest head scratchers of free agency IMO. no idea what they see in him

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
@Snowman

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/8375/jadeveon-clowney

Clowney finnin to go #1 like your boy said all along

Will believe it if it happens and not before. Thanks for sharing those Roto articles, can agree with the Rice one almost completely except they aren't hard enough on how much burst he lost (again, that could be the hip injury) For him to go from a pretty good option in the screen game to just hopeless overnight was bizarre.

There's one up now for Chris John... oops, I meant Lamar Miller. Easy how I get those two confused.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Teddy B getting a 2nd meeting with Jax including a workout...
They must think he will be there in the 2nd for them, no chance in hell. I say he goes to AZ in the 1st at the latest, but the absolute worst case scenario is Houston at 33. Maybe they will trade back into the late 1st to try and get him. I really don't think they are considering him at 3.

Snowman1

Reaction score
They must think he will be there in the 2nd for them, no chance in hell. I say he goes to AZ in the 1st at the latest, but the absolute worst case scenario is Houston at 33. Maybe they will trade back into the late 1st to try and get him. I really don't think they are considering him at 3.

Posts like this make me rethink what I was saying with the #1 pick, have said all along that it will be a QB. But then have been saying nonstop that the QB's are going to drop like rocks - most notably Bridge and possibly Manziel - and all of a sudden it's just dumb for them to pass on Clowney when they can get their signal caller in the 2nd. It worries me a little since 2nd round QBs (or reached for 2nd round prospects) never ever ever pan out (except Drew Brees)

I'd seem to think Bridge wouldn't get past Cleveland's 2nd pick (assuming the police don't force them to give that pick back after they robbed Indy), with Cleveland passing on a signal caller for the same reason

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Posts like this make me rethink what I was saying with the #1 pick, have said all along that it will be a QB. But then have been saying nonstop that the QB's are going to drop like rocks - most notably Bridge and possibly Manziel - and all of a sudden it's just dumb for them to pass on Clowney when they can get their signal caller in the 2nd. It worries me a little since 2nd round QBs (or reached for 2nd round prospects) never ever ever pan out (except Drew Brees)

I'd seem to think Bridge wouldn't get past Cleveland's 2nd pick (assuming the police don't force them to give that pick back after they robbed Indy), with Cleveland passing on a signal caller for the same reason
I think with social media and the media in general there is more information floating around about draft rumors, but also a lot more BS floating around. Ultimately outside of Clowney going top 3 I really have no fucking clue what is about to happen once this shit finally gets here.

I still can't believe teams are so shy on Jesuswater. "Sure his game film shows he is the best QB and thrower of the football in the draft, but he is sort of quiet and skinny. So fuck the tape! We need a big strong leader of men!"

Reactions: Varus

Snowman1

Reaction score
I think with social media and the media in general there is more information floating around about draft rumors, but also a lot more BS floating around. Ultimately outside of Clowney going top 3 I really have no fucking clue what is about to happen once this shit finally gets here.

I still can't believe teams are so shy on Jesuswater. "Sure his game film shows he is the best QB and thrower of the football in the draft, but he is sort of quiet and skinny. So fuck the tape! We need a big strong leader of men!"

All of that is very true. It's fun to follow and post about, but assume you've been taking it all with a grain of salt. We don't know who will go high, who will fall (who called Sharrif Floyd?), what trades are going to happen, etc. We can write in pencil that the Eagles are taking a WR high, but for our teams it's very much up in the air, and as long as we don't wind up with Mosley, an offensive tackle, or some random scrub we'll be happy lol. And it's only 3 weeks away... it's like being a kid on Christmas! :yay:

Former Bucs GM Mark Domenik says Manziel will fall in the draft.

And as you said before, anything involving "draft stock" is a joke already since if Minnesota likes him, then it doesn't matter what Tampa thinks lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Floyd was actually the player I wanted Oakland to take at 3 (or Star). Both were STILL available when we traded back to 13. But hey... DJ Hayden right???

right?? fuck you Wedgie

Reactions: TheArabHammer

Snowman1

Reaction score
I remembered watching that draft live, every mock I saw had Floyd to the Raiders at 3. They traded back, and I was taking notes and saying "Holy cow, they just got their 2nd back AND got the player they wa.........who the fuck is DJ Hayden"

and now I still ask the same question lol. Let the GM search begin! And go ahead and interview Rex Ryan for the head coaching gig.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I remembered watching that draft live, every mock I saw had Floyd to the Raiders at 3. They traded back, and I was taking notes and saying "Holy cow, they just got their 2nd back AND got the player they wa.........who the fuck is DJ Hayden"

and now I still ask the same question lol. Let the GM search begin! And go ahead and interview Rex Ryan for the head coaching gig.
I saw a GM Ranking column on Roto.. Reggie came in last. Nobody could possibly argue based on what he has shown up to now.

I am eager to see how he can botch this year's draft. I'll need to make sure I'm good and drunk by the time we pick so the horrors of McKenzie's brain power are easily dismissed as black comedy.

Snowman1

Reaction score
"McKenzie finally has cap space, but nothing he’s done in his first two years on the job suggests he has a clue."

BURN! But you already made the point, his two drafts have been pure ass outside of Moore and my boy Rivera.

Maybe there's some hope around what building blocks you do have on offense for your new GM to build around.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I tried to reserve judgment the best I could, but I'll be honest, I hated Mckenzie since he fired Hue less than 48 hours after taking the job. How can you truly assess the position and Hue's value to the team in that amount of time? Hue came to McKenzie with a plan for how they could work together moving forward and Wedgie was basically like fuck you man you're fired.

He clearly wanted to put "his stamp" on the team with his own guy coaching, but Hue was 1000 X better for this team than DA ever could be.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Raiders Idea of a good signing
621eb981f21dc5cd5a18920077c6cc59.jpg

4ff57619c3f4285079c47de308bbc898.jpg

cfde64ac9fcd391eddd423cee18d4e21._.jpg

4ff57619c3f4285079c47de308bbc898.jpg

ee656e6f9d572b52af6fa1801436559f._.jpg

55ad9e702e08b6c3c1a7b5948fa6e9c9.jpg

Gl With big booty boothe. Yikes he bad.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
he's a versatile backup on a cheap 2 year deal.. but if we are posting pictures of Eli getting dumptrucked I wanna play

eli.jpg

00224a2974dd0823059cb1e5190e00dd._.jpg

00595a3e90fcebe2d0e8c0e17ba0bd1b.jpg

he's probably my favorite QB to watch get sacked besides Rivers. Eli sells like Ziggler

Snowman1

Reaction score
TP to be cut on Monday if he can't be traded. Because that's such a good bargaining chip.

I'd trade a late rounder for the guy before this report came out lol

Status
Not open for further replies.