2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
But don't cut Ray Rice.

Sidney Rice has been medically cleared and can be signed. Seattle interested in bringing him back at the right price, of course Carolina wants him. So does New Orleans, but the Giants don't. Patriots interested in Dustin Keller after the draft. Numerous teams including Minnesota are talking to St. Louis about trading up just in case Bortles is there..Schefter says that Manziel will go between picks 3-13. Peter King says Jacksonville sees Jimmy G. as the QB of their future.

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Lloyd back to the '9ers, let's hope it's not a repeat of his rookie term there.
and Aldon Smith's arrest lolololololololololololol

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Based on 2013 here is the upcoming schedule strength for the NFL season

RankTeamOpponent Win Pct.
1Oakland Raiders0.578
2Denver Broncos0.570
3St. Louis Rams0.564
4San Diego Chargers0.563
4San Francisco 49ers0.563
6Seattle Seahawks0.561
7Kansas City Chiefs0.559
8Arizona Cardinals0.547
9New York Jets0.520
10New England Patriots0.516
11Atlanta Falcons0.512
12Miami Dolphins0.508
13Green Bay Packers0.504
14Buffalo Bills0.500
15Chicago Bears0.496
16Detroit Lions0.492
17Washington Redskins0.490
18Dallas Cowboys0.488
19Tampa Bay Buccaneers0.484
20Philadelphia Eagles0.479
21Minnesota Vikings0.477
22Carolina Panthers0.473
23Cincinnati Bengals0.469
23New Orleans Saints0.469
23Pittsburgh Steelers0.469
26Cleveland Browns0.465
26New York Giants0.465
28Baltimore Ravens0.461
29Jacksonville Jaguars0.453
30Houston Texans0.441
31Tennessee Titans0.438
32Indianapolis Colts0.430

Giants with the 6th easiest. I'll take that.

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Oh, I'd definitely have Rivers over Eli any day, but I wouldn't call Eli done by any means... but you know how I am with quarterbacks.

27bf8c077e4ce0faec2dd26088a42ce2.jpg

Fun Fact: When Googling that meme (new york giants offensive line memes) almost all I found were Eagles' OL memes. @Danielson runs Google.

As for the Bridgewater photo, I can't wait to see who takes him. This thing with him I keep harping on reminds me of the dog shit 2009 draft, where great players like Aaron Curry and Jason Smith were top picks, then later on Green Bay traded back up to the #26 pick to be all like "LOLOLOLOLOL dis drafin stuf is ez Clay Matthews fell into our laps". Then again, read a report that Tampa's really high on Bridgewater, and it just takes one team to fall for you...
You'd take rivers over eli? I mean, I guess in a really pussy west coast offense where your number one threat is LT, Woodhead, or Sproles. As long as you keep the routes 5 yards he can get it there with that noodle.

Thank you for actually hitting a good point. Eli didn't have time at all this year to do a damn thing with the ball. Hakeem nicks quit playing, and despite the 0-6 start (with 5 different running backs) we managed to put up a respectable season. What the giants did last year was prove they have heart, and that's all a fan asks for. We will be fine. Eli is a good starting quarterback, and I reckon he has another super run in him before he calls it quits. I don't think we have the talent now to make another amazing run, but I said the same thing before. We had the best off-season in the NFC East. We got starters in every spot we needed besides one (besides TE) We are ight. I know everyone keys on Desean to Washington but overall the Giants made the MOST improvements to their team. Eli has a hell of an arm, but he does make unwise decisions when faced with pressure. I don't know why, but he has always done it. He tries to hit the home run ball too much and throws some picks here or there. In crunch time he rarely and I mean rarely doesn't come through. That is something rivers struggles with. Over the years i've seen the chargers lose quite a bit of close games(17 fourth quarter comebacks, 20 game-winning drives) meanwhile the giants win them.(25 fourth quarter comebacks, 30 game-winning drives for Eli. TWO 4TH QUARTER COMEBACKS AND GAME WINNING DRIVES IN THE SUPERBOWL) The same thing that he is hated for, is also a dream to have in the 4th quarter. He doesn't let any mistake reflect how he plays in crunch time. It's like it never happened, but WHY can't you just play in 3 quarters like you do in the 4th ELI!? That's the downside to Eli... In the 4th, outside of Brady, Brees, Manning(big) I'd take no other QB.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Eli is a top 5 QB. Maybe top 10, but I'd take Eli over Rivers. That's just me.

Last edited:
Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6477/aldon-smith
After speaking with "several sources involved with the (team's) decision-making," San Jose Mercury News columnist Tim Kawakami believes embattled OLB Aldon Smith "probably won’t play for the 49ers in 2014."
According to Kawakami, there is a "weariness and frustration over Smith’s behavior that I’ve never heard involving any recent 49ers player." Smith has yet to officially be charged with a crime after allegedly making a false bomb threat at LAX, but that should soon change. Kawakami reports the 49ers do plan to let the legal process play out before making a decision on Smith's future. His next hearing is scheduled for April 29

and because its never too early for fantasy RB news:

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/7407/montee-ball
Peyton Manning said Montee Ball is ready to be the starting running back.
The Broncos wouldn't have let Knowshon Moreno walk for pennies if Ball didn't have Manning's blessing. We saw that faith in the playoffs last season, when Ball played on 91-of-226 (40.2 percent) of the snaps across three games.

Meanwhile in Detroit we have a fantasy player's least favorite thing. A timeshare.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/5986/joique-bell
New Lions OC Joe Lombardi confirmed Joique Bell and Reggie Bush will "kind of have a split role."

oh and SF signed Lloyd.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You'd take rivers over eli? I mean, I guess in a really pussy west coast offense where your number one threat is LT, Woodhead, or Sproles. As long as you keep the routes 5 yards he can get it there with that noodle.

Thank you for actually hitting a good point. Eli didn't have time at all this year to do a damn thing with the ball. Hakeem nicks quit playing, and despite the 0-6 start (with 5 different running backs) we managed to put up a respectable season. What the giants did last year was prove they have heart, and that's all a fan asks for. We will be fine. Eli is a good starting quarterback, and I reckon he has another super run in him before he calls it quits. I don't think we have the talent now to make another amazing run, but I said the same thing before. We had the best off-season in the NFC East. We got starters in every spot we needed besides one (besides TE) We are ight. I know everyone keys on Desean to Washington but overall the Giants made the MOST improvements to their team. Eli has a hell of an arm, but he does make unwise decisions when faced with pressure. I don't know why, but he has always done it. He tries to hit the home run ball too much and throws some picks here or there. In crunch time he rarely and I mean rarely doesn't come through. That is something rivers struggles with. Over the years i've seen the chargers lose quite a bit of close games(17 fourth quarter comebacks, 20 game-winning drives) meanwhile the giants win them.(25 fourth quarter comebacks, 30 game-winning drives for Eli. TWO 4TH QUARTER COMEBACKS AND GAME WINNING DRIVES IN THE SUPERBOWL) The same thing that he is hated for, is also a dream to have in the 4th quarter. He doesn't let any mistake reflect how he plays in crunch time. It's like it never happened, but WHY can't you just play in 3 quarters like you do in the 4th ELI!? That's the downside to Eli... In the 4th, outside of Brady, Brees, Manning(big) I'd take no other QB.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think Eli is a top 5 QB. Maybe top 10, but I'd take Eli over Rivers. That's just me.

Rivers doesn't have a noodle lol. He's lost some velocity but he has always thrown a wicked fastball

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score

Neither are Rodgers, but what can you do. Glad to see you back around man, my bad on not realizing the name change.

Reactions: Danielson

Snowman1

Reaction score
Remember seeing Rodgers throw some deep balls when Jordy was wide open and Aikman said "Those defenders didn't think Rodgers could throw it that far!"

Interesting stuff with Aldon Smith, that guy's gotta be a real headache. Not sure if it's better to eat the 2 mil to cut the guy or just let him sit at home so he doesn't poison your team while nobody else gets a superstar pass rusher. San Francisco is secretly becoming an underrated sports tragedy, it seems like they have all this non-stop drama to go with the most heartbreaking playoff losses... even though we all wish we had their recent success.

Interesting that Montee earned Peyton's trust. He was on my fantasy must-avoid list because I can't believe Peyton would trust him since he blows in pass protection

I was happy with the production Reggie Bush gave me last year, and Joique Bell only had like 30 fewer fantasy points. They're both startable in fantasy. But the week 17 loss to Senhor still stings because Bush was benched for fumbling yet again. He was so fumble prone last year and Shorts was the one coach who never pulled him. Great for fantasy, not for Schwartz lol

Wonder why Lloyd wasn't signed last year?

I'll give you credit, Danny. Of all the people here to knock Eli I shouldn't be the one to do it lol. It's just easy to get caught up in fantasy stats and "quarterback rankings" and "what have you done for me lately" that it's easy to forget what matters - clutch performances. #FlaccoMark #FuckRomo. But the correlation between Eli and Rivers remains, Rivers sucked dong for 2 years before they gave him Keenan Allen and adequate pass protection, and now he's elite again. Your turn, Giants.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Aikman hates the pack and has always shit on them. It's why most people in WI dont watch certain packer games with the tv volume on. Aikman is a bitch, Joe Buck is a cunt, and they both are absolute fucking garbage.

The same deal happened with Madden and Favre, but it was the opposite issue. Madden was the ultimate Favre mark.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Disagree on Reggie and Joique both being startable. The reason they both produced last year was because they took turns starting with injuries. If they are both playing every game I doubt there is enough production for either of them to be startable. Especially when we all know Detroit is so pass happy. I guess Bush could be a borderline RB2 in PPR formats.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Disagree on Reggie and Joique both being startable. The reason they both produced last year was because they took turns starting with injuries. If they are both playing every game I doubt there is enough production for either of them to be startable. Especially when we all know Detroit is so pass happy. I guess Bush could be a borderline RB2 in PPR formats.

I'll look up the stats in a few, but just to do a quick reply:

With Taint and whatever receiver they draft, I wonder if Bush and Joique will get as many catches as they did.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Honestly i love detroit. They have always been in our division and literally pack vs lions has been on thanksgiving for decades. As a fan of football I have to cheer them on (unless vs us) because they were shit on like no other team in NFL history. Hell you could argue they still are feeling the after-effects.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'll look up the stats in a few, but just to do a quick reply:

With Taint and whatever receiver they draft, I wonder if Bush and Joique will get as many catches as they did.
I'm fairly certain Bush will, since he has always been more effective in space than as a runner between the tackles.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Rolando McClain had a workout with the Ravens yesterday. He showed up late, didn't even finish the conditioning test, and bombed all the drills. Well done.

Bell had several 18+ point games with Bush playing, and there were many times where I said "Why am I not starting this dude?" so that's why I said that. In 12 weeks he at least got 8 points, not that bad for a backup and it didn't hurt Bush's value much at all.

He's obviously a valuable handcuff since Bush is made of glass. but in the modern age of bust running backs I can see him being an okay depth player if you want to play it kinda-safe. (You prefer swinging for the fences though lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.