• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
....yeah, between Marquise Lee, Kelvin Benjamin, Odell Beckham, Brandin Cooks, there's gonna be plenty of really good, talented wide receivers here at the end of the draft for all of our teams

Didn't watch much LSU football or any highlights tbh but I hear that Beckham kid is being raved about in Philly atm by fans and the team, they're saying if anyone would end up ever replacing DeSean in this draft out of the prospects most likely to fall to the Eagles in the 1st round it's that man.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Didn't watch much LSU football or any highlights tbh but I hear that Beckham kid is being raved about in Philly atm by fans and the team, they're saying if anyone would end up ever replacing DeSean in this draft out of the prospects most likely to fall to the Eagles in the 1st round it's that man.

Didn't watch enough LSU Football either, but remember their passing game being really pedestrian considering it contained a QB scouts are raving over + and a 1st and potential 2nd at WR. Know Les Miles runs a defensive/ball control program down there, but good grief how can you not capitalize more on that much talent if you have it?

Here's a highlight video for what it's worth:

Saw he ran a 4.4 40, that's way too slow to replace DeSean lmao

Reactions: NFLKendrickLasharp
Reaction score
Didn't watch enough LSU Football either, but remember their passing game being really pedestrian considering it contained a QB scouts are raving over + and a 1st and potential 2nd at WR. Know Les Miles runs a defensive/ball control program down there, but good grief how can you not capitalize more on that much talent if you have it?

Here's a highlight video for what it's worth:

Saw he ran a 4.4 40, that's way too slow to replace DeSean lmao

.05 secs slower, 2 inches taller, 19 pounds heavier.. Could be a very intersting weapon to have though if he's as talented as people are making him out to be.
Looked decently tough and elusive in that highlight video

Reaction score
ea9b983e4f5f61c81c2a97aa1be7e9fe.jpg

Panthers signed WR Jason Avant, formerly of the Eagles, to a one-year deal.
Totally called that but I mean it was pretty obvious in the end what the Panthers had to do with him.

99e93f7232ab10f3df8f025ddfa535a1.jpg

The New York Daily News reports the Jets "really like" the idea of pairing free agent Chris Johnson with Chris Ivory, and that a potential deal will "come down to money."

According to reporter Manish Mehta, the Jets have no concerns about Johnson's work ethic. Johnson/Ivory would immediately become one of the league's best thunder and lightning duos, while CJ?K could operate as an every-down back were the injury-prone Ivory to miss time. Word has yet to leak of a Johnson visit to the Big Apple, but it's sounding like a good bet.

54bead7bbe43a9392f89b54b8e2918ad.jpg

Texans agreed to terms with RB Andre Brown, formerly of the Giants, on a one-year, $645,000 contract.

The Texans have their Ben Tate replacement. Older than Tate and even more injury prone, Brown is not an upgrade behind Arian Foster, but was easily the second-best back left on the market behind Chris Johnson. Brown started the final eight games for the Giants last season, but averaged only 3.53 yards per carry. For his career, the 27-year-old Brown owns a 4.09 YPC. He gets what's blocked, but not much else. Brown will begin training camp as the clear No. 2 on the depth chart, but won't be miles ahead of Dennis Johnson and Jonathan Grimes.

21900da12670b0d02ce25cceefb8948d.jpg

Free agent Josh Freeman visited the Bears on Monday.

It's Freeman's first-known visit. Although the Bears have Jay Cutler locked up as their franchise quarterback, it would be an ideal landing spot for Freeman. He'd get to work with quarterback-whisperer Marc Trestman, and have a good shot at making starts behind an injury-prone Cutler. It's surprising that it's taken Freeman this long to make a visit, but it speaks to how disastrous his 2013 was in every phase.

Prlly the biggest buzz in FA we've heard in a few days.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Bears signed C Brian De La Puente to a one-year contract.
With Garza being 35 and on seeming to be on kind of a short leash with the coaching staff it seems they wanted to bring in some insurance just in case things don't work out. I like the deal, I think De La Puente is an okay center and is definitely legitimate depth to the position.

One of these mocks I'm looking at for the Eagles show them getting Calvin Pryor in the 1st and Kyle Fuller in the 2nd LOL i doubt we're going to get anywhere close to drafting both of those guys although that would be amazing.

(After RAW last night continued WM30's filth I had to come back to discuss wrestling, too much about the two shows pissed me off too much to stay away... tis why I'm back so soon)

Last edited:

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Was just looking over our schedule this season and it looks like Foles is poised to face off against his 2012 QB peers in Andrew Luck, RG3 and Russel Wilson in atleast 1 game this season.
I like it!

Snowman1

Reaction score
Wait, De La Puente was still on the market? Boy, did the Bears ever get a deal with that guy. If you don't count Mack he may have been the best center in FA this year, and he got backup money. Meanwhile Andre Brown makes pennies to be a good RB.

Freeman to Chicago could be interesting. Definitely will keep my eye on that. Thanks for posting all these updates, LaSharpy?

(Should I kill the Smackdown PM thread?)

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Wait, De La Puente was still on the market? Boy, did the Bears ever get a deal with that guy. If you don't count Mack he may have been the best center in FA this year, and he got backup money. Meanwhile Andre Brown makes pennies to be a good RB.

Freeman to Chicago could be interesting. Definitely will keep my eye on that. Thanks for posting all these updates, LaSharpy?

(Should I kill the Smackdown PM thread?)
I think Andre Brown will have a few starts this season, I have strong doubts abouit Foster's back. 650k is a sick deal for that possibility, Brown has always been a hard worker; injury prone but hard worker.

nah im still watching lol ;) just not too pleased with much of the current material aside from Cesaro now a Heyman guy, that made me crack a smile.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I think Andre Brown will have a few starts this season, I have strong doubts abouit Foster's back. 650k is a sick deal for that possibility, Brown has always been a hard worker; injury prone but hard worker.

nah im still watching lol ;) just not too pleased with much of the current material aside from Cesaro now a Heyman guy, that made me crack a smile.
DB is completely ridiculous, but HHH's amazing heel work to counteract it makes it worthwhile.

Vice

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Guys, is the draft shown exclusively on NFL Network?

Snowman1

Reaction score
In other news... does anyone know when Gruden's QB Camp comes on? Reruns or first-runs... anything will be appreciated.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Had a very realistic dream that the Browns signed Chris Johnson to a 1 yr 2.25 guarenteed upto 6 mil contract.

Snowman1

Reaction score
^That's awesome. :lol1:

Jimmy Haslam says they'll match any offer given to Alex Mack.

Status
Not open for further replies.