2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Sounds good to me. Just hoping Burleson gets signed. Thing is, I don't know if Cleveland will get Watkins, cause they need the first pick for one of the quarterbacks, but please not Manziel.
Just giving you a warning, whatever you're expecting from Burleson, you're gonna get less.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The Bucs are finalizing a deal with free agent WR Lavelle Hawkins.
ALEX MACK NEWS!!!!

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/writer...eet-cap-space-puts-jax-in-play-for-top-center

Mack would like to leave Cleveland, according to numerous sources. His agent, Marvin Demoff, is very creative and is confident he could structure a deal in a way the Browns might have difficulty matching.
Two teams with a shit load of cap going after the same big boy elite Center, could get very interesting money wise for Mr. Mack.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
A league source told the Florida Times Union the Jaguars would likely have to create an offer sheet worth at least $22 million guaranteed over the first three years to lure transition-tagged C Alex Mack out of Cleveland. WHOOO DAMN that'd be an assload of guarenteed money lol, would it be worth it? tough call imo.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
A league source told the Florida Times Union the Jaguars would likely have to create an offer sheet worth at least $22 million guaranteed over the first three years to lure transition-tagged C Alex Mack out of Cleveland. WHOOO DAMN that'd be an assload of guarenteed money lol, would it be worth it? tough call imo.

Oh a very, very tough call on that!

On one hand, you can't pay a center that kind of money. You just can't. Dumb stuff like that is when you turn into one of these teams struggling through the salary cap, and it limits your other free agent options.. on the other hand, who else would they be paying that money to over the next few years anyway? They may as well give their rookie QB the best chance to succeed possible, and Mack helps...

Apparently there's a growing sentiment in Cleveland that they'll get their QB at 4 instead of 26. Gahhhhhhhhhh can't the draft get here already? The possibilities for this year's draft are so intriguing for all of our teams! (Except the Cowboys)

Reactions: ShaRpY HaRdY

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
I think the Cowgirls are one of the frontrunners for CJ2K, personally I'd be pretty pumped just for the opportunity to see him play at the Linc. I don't know if that's really how they're going to handle their RB issue though seeing as money may be a concern.

It seems the Chiefs are not going to sign former Eagles WR Jason Avant before the draft (one can assume this means KC has a couple potential WRs lying somewhere on their draft board, as do most teams looking for skill players).

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I hate that the CBA got rid of poison pill contracts. Perfect way for teams to play the villain.

Jacksonville could just put in a provision: If you play more than 5 games in the state of Ohio you receive a 10 trillion dollar bonus!

boom, Cleveland can't match.

Reactions: Snowman1

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The StL Rams and Jeff Fisher have stated they don't have any interested in signing Chris Johnson for what he's asking, with Zac Stacy I don't see why you would want anyone stealing touches away from him; also not to mention they have a pretty young and relatively talented RB corps as it stands.

I'm pretty sure the Jets are the only team to make an offer anywhere close to what he was asking and I believe his statement about picking his new team by mid next week was his way of putting the pressure on teams to throw their final offers out. I still see him in Gang Green Land with Rex & Ivory.

Status
Not open for further replies.