2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
So that means we can mark the Eagles or Giants down as NFC East champs. Cool.

Just saw an interesting nfl.com video about what could have been, and I'll take it one step further: On September 18, 2011, with a little over 3 minutes to play, it was 4th and Goal in Carolina, Packers lead by a score with 4 yards to go. Cam Newton scrambles and tries to run it in but gets stopped 1 yard short by a great Clay Matthews tackle. Packers win.

Had Carolina won that game, the #1 seed in the NFC would be in jeopardy on the last week of the season, so Aaron Rodgers would have thrown for a thousand yards against Detroit... and, you guessed it, no multi-million dollar contract for Matt Flynn. Seattle couldn't roll with T-Jax any more, and they needed a savior of the franchise. If Matt Flynn never played, they can't just rely on some third-round rookie. They would have Ryan Tannehill or Peyton Manning at QB... meaning Russell Wilson would probably be an Eagle.

DAMMIT CAM YOU WERE ONE YARD SHORT

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/10708312/desean-jackson-moving-closer-deal-washington-redskins

ESPN is reporting that they are super close to a deal.
DeSean hit the club last night with Pierre Garcon and DeAngelo Hall and Wale.
Wale was actually at the RAW show Monday night just before they hit the club, he was in a confrontation with a fan sitting behind him being annoying.
3dd8c65108fb5c9c8f240499932589bc._.png

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Coming out now that Reggie doesn't like Swag because he is a me first type of player.

Welp, RIP Wedgie, I'm ending you you stupid son of a bitch.

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Oh god please yes for DeSean to Cleveland.

Varus

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
"Maybe Josh Gordon can teach him how to be an elite WR"-el presador

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Coming out now that Reggie doesn't like Swag because he is a me first type of player.

Welp, RIP Wedgie, I'm ending you you stupid son of a bitch.

Well I don't like Reggie because he's a "me first" type of owner. Seriously, fuck off with that.

PLEASE DONT GO TO CLEVELAND OH MY GOD.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
DJax & Washington have been discussing shit all day; idk if they're going to hammer out a deal after all.
I know DJax wants to but I don't think Washington wants to invest.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Redskins agreed to terms with WR DeSean Jackson, formerly of the Eagles, on a three-year contract.
The Redskins have just $6.5 million in salary-cap space, so the majority of Jackson's 2014 earnings should come in the form of a signing bonus. He's highly unlikely to match or eclipse the $10.7 million he was scheduled to earn from the Eagles. From a fantasy standpoint, it's a mixed landing spot. D-Jax will have a play-making quarterback in Robert Griffin III, but has to contend with another No. 1 receiver in Pierre Garcon. Jackson isn't going to come anywhere close to the 82/1,332/9 line he posted in 2013, and won't be a lock for 1,000 yards. For the Redskins, however, it's a coup for a team that hurt for weapons outside of Garcon and Fred Davis last season. Jay Gruden's offense just got a whole lot better.

Like you say nothing has been confirmed though, but it is highly expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.