2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
On another note, I have to laugh at our fans that say we did it for "character" reasons.. because that totally doesn't change the fact we hired an ex-dog killer/ring operator for 5 years and then extended an overt racist's contract the off season after he came out for five years. A 'gangbanger' just seems standard compared to those two types of people in the NFL.

Reactions: Varus and Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I guess man, so much has gone untouched about this saga. Not one web outlet other than ESPN has mentioned that DeSean missed several meetings with Chip Kelly during late last season, signs have been showing since mid-November that DeSean was getting more lackadaisical with Kelly and the team outside of games, whereas he had been such a hard/good worker up until there. There was also talks from a New York media outlet that a few of the players had seen DeSean threatening Foles in the locker room during halftime at one of the games last season. While nothing has been confirmed It's too early to call Chip a "dumbass" for the decision, because then what happens if he goes to OAK and WAS and things end up actually becoming true, are people prepared to bow down at the Chip Kelly & the Eagles' feet for all the talk? and while it's easy to say that'll never happen because he's had a clean rrecord blah blah blah and him and Richard Sherman have been boys for awhile and if Richard Sherman says somethings true it must be, you just never really know until the fat lady sings. When DeSean Jackson is officially out of the league with nothing on his record than I will make a statement on how big of a dumbass move it was.

Kelly is a dumbass no matter how this shapes out. Nothing with Swag had changed from the time the Eagles drafted him to now. He hasn't gotten in trouble, the only change was Chip Kelly being brought in, and their personalities clashed. Which is fine, everyone doesn't get along with everyone, but as a coach you need to be able to work with a player you may not love as a person, and Chip failed his ass off at that. DeSean is too talented to ostracize him from your team and then cut him for nothing based on some deep seeded feeling in CHip Kelly's gut that something may go wrong. If Chip Kelly hated DeSean so much he should have done a helluva lot better job of keeping it under wraps so maybe he wouldn't ruin his value in the process and they could have perhaps traded him.

Ultimately, DeSean could be caught on camera mowing down an entire family of bloods tomorrow and I'll still say Chip is a dumbass.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Kelly is a dumbass no matter how this shapes out. Nothing with Swag had changed from the time the Eagles drafted him to now. He hasn't gotten in trouble, the only change was Chip Kelly being brought in, and their personalities clashed. Which is fine, everyone doesn't get along with everyone, but as a coach you need to be able to work with a player you may not love as a person, and Chip failed his ass off at that. DeSean is too talented to ostracize him from your team and then cut him for nothing based on some deep seeded feeling in CHip Kelly's gut that something may go wrong. If Chip Kelly hated DeSean so much he should have done a helluva lot better job of keeping it under wraps so maybe he wouldn't ruin his value in the process and they could have perhaps traded him.
DeSean was the one who missed meetings with Kelly, not the other way around. Could've gotten along better if he had actually shown up to talk turkey ;)
and in 2011 he was noted as missing numerous meetings with coach Andy Reid.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
DeSean was the one who missed meetings with Kelly, not the other way around. Could've gotten along better if he had actually shown up to talk turkey ;)
and in 2011 he was noted as missing numerous meetings with coach Andy Reid.
Get me 1,300 yards and you can miss a few meetings a year, I'll even put it in the contract.

Again, if Chip has an issue with a diva receiver and he lets it boil over the to the point where they cut a 3 time pro bowler for no reason, he is a dumbass. Learn to NFL dipshit. (Kelly being the dipshit, not you lol)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score

Ultimately, DeSean could be caught on camera mowing down an entire family of bloods tomorrow and I'll still say Chip is a dumbass.

One thing you've gotta keep in mind examining the offseason is that every GM and head coach are making all these personnel decisions in the name of keeping their jobs. DeSean was a perfect fit for Kelly's offense and if he was was missing meetings, doing dumb shit, hanging out with the wrong crowd, not practicing hard, and STILL had the season he had last year? Damn, I'd be pretty damn impressed by that lol. Chip Kelly, your roster was hurt by not having Desean. What are you doing?

"Leave it to the national media to criticize Desean Jackson while preaching forgiveness and patience in the Ray Rice case." -Someone on Twitter.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
One thing you've gotta keep in mind examining the offseason is that every GM and head coach are making all these personnel decisions in the name of keeping their jobs. DeSean was a perfect fit for Kelly's offense and if he was was missing meetings, doing dumb shit, hanging out with the wrong crowd, not practicing hard, and STILL had the season he had last year? Damn, I'd be pretty damn impressed by that lol. Chip Kelly, your roster was hurt by not having Desean. What are you doing?

"Leave it to the national media to criticize Desean Jackson while preaching forgiveness and patience in the Ray Rice case." -Someone on Twitter.
There are some players defending Swag and I am proud of them. Derrick Ward is absolutely lambasting people shitting on Swag on twitter. Marcell Reece was defending him too (they bros, he coming to Oak Town baby!)

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
There are some players defending Swag and I am proud of them. Derrick Ward is absolutely lambasting people shitting on Swag on twitter. Marcell Reece was defending him too (they bros, he coming to Oak Town baby!)

Outside of that asinine NJ.com article, has anyone actually "reported" about gang affiliation? Outside of people like ESPN running with it because... well, fuck facts. Ratings, bitch!

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The dumb part is it was clearly a accumulation of things, and the media spins it as: Eagles cut Swag cuz he gang bangin

Clearly that was a SMALL part of it. The contract and beef with Kelly were much bigger issues, but now every honky in suburbia is just going to label my dude a street thug.

Outside of that asinine NJ.com article, has anyone actually "reported" about gang affiliation? Outside of people like ESPN running with it because... well, fuck facts. Ratings, bitch!
Just a bunch of outlets running photos showing him flashing gang signs or talking about his record label. He is affiliated with the gang, not in it, it is pretty obvious to anyone with a brain

Nero_x3

The Architect
Banned
Reaction score
Apparently even the rapper Warren G is supporting DeSean to Oakland, saying that the Eagles fucked him over.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
To anyone who thinks you can throw up gang signs and it not mean anything... I suggest you look at my hard evidence that proves anyone throwing up the set is clearly bangin

http://whitechicksgangsigns.tumblr.com/

also:
BANGIN DA SET
fee3261ad1a34009bd477b8dea95cd24.jpg

Reactions: Nero_x3

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
The year he had last year is the same as he's had years before stats wise, except the differences were masked by the Return game stats he had. After being removed from both KR and PR duties he better have still touched 1300+ YDs lol, considering how much energy was saved during each game.

An LA News outlet reported that while DeSean Jackson has friends and family known to be in gangs, he himself has not been involved in any gang activity and then they go on to report they got their information directly from the LAPD.

Regardless, the season goes on; we'll draft Lee or Cooks then Jordan Mathews out of Vandy and Josh Huff and have 3 Receivers that separately actually can take care of a DeSean feature. Slot burner in Huff, Outside Burner and solid route runner in Cooks and then Mathews a straight athletic beast who can do a variety of things as a receiver can basically fill the rest of the void. All 3 for like 1/6 or 1/8th of DJax salary on the year, and then we have plenty of money to roll into next year which is looking to be a pretty decent class.

I bleed midnight green and back Chip Kelly and the GM & Owner for making the final decision.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
The year he had last year is the same as he's had years before stats wise, except the differences were masked by the Return game stats he had. After being removed from both KR and PR duties he better have still touched 1300+ YDs lol, considering how much energy was saved during each game.

An LA News outlet reported that while DeSean Jackson has friends and family known to be in gangs, he himself has not been involved in any gang activity and then they go on to report they got their information directly from the LAPD.

Regardless, the season goes on; we'll draft Lee or Cooks then Jordan Mathews out of Vandy and Josh Huff and have 3 Receivers that separately actually can take care of a DeSean feature. Slot burner in Huff, Outside Burner and solid route runner in Cooks and then Mathews a straight athletic beast who can do a variety of things as a receiver can basically fill the rest of the void. All 3 for like 1/6 or 1/8th of DJax salary on the year, and then we have plenty of money to roll into next year which is looking to be a pretty decent class.

I bleed midnight green and back Chip Kelly and the GM & Owner for making the final decision.
Stop pretending you can just draft another WR and they will be able to replicate what DeSean did. There are only a handful of WRs in the game who bring what Swag does to the table man.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Stop pretending you can just draft another WR and they will be able to replicate what DeSean did. There are only a handful of WRs in the game who bring what Swag does to the table man.
That's literally not at all what I'm saying lol, I'm saying we could draft those 3 receivers and together they can replicate and further what DeSean did for a fraction of the cost.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Has any team ever drafted 3 WRs that high in the draft? Seems unprecedented. Plus don't you still have some other needs to be addressed, specifically on D? I would be irate if my team spent its first 3 picks just to replace one player we had just cut for no reason other than our coach being so lily livered

Status
Not open for further replies.