2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Cotch can still be serviceable for many years, the contract is fine.

And that Peko move makes me as sad as the Dalton move makes me happy, so good job Cincy. The guy's really good on a beastly DL.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Eagles agreed to terms with QB Mark Sanchez, formerly of the Jets.
Although competition-minded coach Chip Kelly is unlikely to formally announce Sanchez as his No. 2 quarterback over Matt Barkley, that's what he'll be. Sanchez's signing is further proof that Kelly's offense doesn't require a fleet-footed quarterback, despite much presumption to the contrary. Sanchez is not a statue in the pocket, but isn't exactly mobile. Sanchez offers loads of experience as a backup, but is the owner of a 71.7 career QB rating, and 55.1 completion percentage.
It's official, exact terms to come later.

EDIT:
Sounds like it's a 1 year deal ranged between 2.5-3.5 million.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Kinda crazy to see Knowshon get just 3 mil, while Gerhart and Donald Brown make slightly more. Oh, running backs. About time someone picked him up. Can't remember the last time a team got as big of an RB upgrade going from those jobbers to Knowshon. Tannehill's gotta be happy.

Ray Rice indicted on aggravated assault charges, facing 3-5 years in prison. That Kam Chancellor suggestion is looking a lot better.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Speaking of kick returners, why did Arizona sign Ginn? They already had Peterson and Mattheiu... are they trying to monopolize the awesome kick returner market?

Shaun Phillips 2 years to Nashville.

Who do you guys think will be the starter with the Jets? Granted I'm no Vick fan but Geno deserves another shot... but if that happens it's Tebowmania all over again.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Vick Starts, they arent paying him 5.5 mil to sit on the bench. unless Geno looks completely phenomenal in the offseason/preseason

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I imagine it will be an "open competition" but that is just code for Vick is starting because no way Geno beats him out

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
so I guess MJD is gonna be a Raider.. ok
Hehe I like rotoworld's little tidbit on that.
If you ignore the fact that a 29-year-old running back is one of the last things a rebuilding team needs, MJD fills the Raiders' need for a competent bookend to fragile No. 1 Darren McFadden. Jones-Drew is on the downslope..

Sanchez's deal is 1 yr, 2.25 mil only 750k was guarenteed in the form of a signing bonus, and if he plays 90% of the offensive snaps this season he could make another 1.75 mil, so basically His deal is 1 yr, 2.25 mil w/ 750k guarenteed since I doubt he'll start or even come close to 90% of the snaps.

Status
Not open for further replies.