2014 NFL Offseason Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
LOL, fans of shitty RB's rejoice! :win:

There's 3 quotes I'll remember Ray Rice for this year. Paraphrasing.
-Talk in Baltimore sports radio this week is all about giving Bernard Pierce, a running back averaging 2.7 ypc (ranked 70th out of 72 running backs) the ball more. That's how Ray Rice is playing this year. -Jamison Hensley, around week 6/7
-Ray Rice is last in the NFL in broken tackle %, with 9 broken tackles on 214 attempts. -Baltimore Sun
-If you take the uniforms off both players, you couldn't tell the difference between Ray Rice and Willis McGahee. -Matt Berry, after the 2nd game against Cleveland that I'm still bitter about since it cost me a fantasy win

I wonder how long the leashes on our RB's will be this year. They really believe in Oakland that they can salvage DMC's career, but... what if it doesn't pan out? When will they pull the trigger on the Latavius Murray push?

And Sharpy, I wonder where Ray Rice will be drafted this year? Maybe it'll be like that other dude earlier in the thread said about T-Rich, he could be an okay gamble in like the 10th round or something. Anything other than that? You know better lol
I don't think they plan to salvage Run EMT's career at all. He will be a part of a committee at best, cut before the final 53 man roster at worst. We want to bring in Andre Brown.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
"Peppers picked a peck of pickled Packers" haha

Dreadskins sign Tracy Porter for 2 years. Does he have anything left, D'Z?

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
He is serviceable. No better than average, but there are plenty of worse CBs out there masquerading as starters

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
Pumped at the Bills picking up Brandon Spikes. At least they've done something memorable during Free Agency that didn't scream Jairus Byrd.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Pumped at the Bills picking up Brandon Spikes. At least they've done something memorable during Free Agency that didn't scream Jairus Byrd.

You may have one of the best run-stuffing LB's right next to one of the best coverage guys in Alonzo. :damn:

Reactions: DK JAMES

DK JAMES

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
akiratozawa
You may have one of the best run-stuffing LB's right next to one of the best coverage guys in Alonzo. :damn:
Yeaaa exactly, Bills should have a top 5 defense next year even without Byrd. Pumps me up, especially with Schwartz.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
Interesting signing for the Packers today! The Packers rarely do any free agent signings in the offseason so this was an interesting surprise. They picked up former Chicago Bear pass rusher Julius Peppers for a three year deal. I'm interested to see what he contribute to our defense next considering our defense is a weak spot, especially within the pass rush.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
I'm just very used to the way the giants operate. They have never been known to go out and sign big name guys. Hell, the only big one I can even remember is Plaxico Burress in his prime. We let some guys go, and we will be better off because of it, this much I know to be true. They don't over pay for anyone, and have a habit of finding all-pro players in the draft. Good luck the rest of free agency to all your favorite teams. Hope you all get a stud.

CrayJ Lee

Champion
Reaction score
Website
bewitchingbennett.tumblr.com
I'm just very used to the way the giants operate. They have never been known to go out and sign big name guys. Hell, the only big one I can even remember is Plaxico Burress in his prime. We let some guys go, and we will be better off because of it, this much I know to be true. They don't over pay for anyone, and have a habit of finding all-pro players in the draft. Good luck the rest of free agency to all your favorite teams. Hope you all get a stud.

This is how the Packers tend to operate as well. When we do sign someone in free agency it's very rare and surprising. We tend to take the philosophy that we draft guys and develop them in our system rather than signing big name free agents. Good luck to your Giants this year :)

Reactions: Danielson

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
This is how the Packers tend to operate as well. When we do sign someone in free agency it's very rare and surprising. We tend to take the philosophy that we draft guys and develop them in our system rather than signing big name free agents. Good luck to your Giants this year :)
I like doing it that way. It enables us to watch them grow from rookies (even undrafted rookies, Cruz) and see them mature. More satisfying. Good luck to the packers.

Reactions: CrayJ Lee

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Ben Tate to CLE; 2 yrs, upto $7 mil.
He might be one of the only ppl to actually be hyped to play for Cleveland lol.
388c79e348946cea8ff88fee4c3bbb6b._.jpg

Reactions: Dolph'sZiggler

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Edelman re-signs with NE after leaving SF with no contract. NE had hosted a few WRs for visits; Jason Avant & Brandon LaFell were two of them just prior to Edelman resigning.
For some reason I thought he was going to KC after they let go of McCluster I felt Edelman would've worked as a great replacement. Now I see the Chiefs for sure signing Avant to compliment Alex Smith's short game.

Snowman1

Reaction score
Yeah it's hard to disagree with the success of the Packers and Giants but you guys need to be better at signing your own guys, haha.

Like New York's "Lets sign a bunch of mediocre linebackers who'd make good Disney movies' linebacker philosophy. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.